• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Reasons of Sacrifices

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Hello, been a long time....
I could be terribly wrong and I don't want anybody to take offense by reading my thoughts...

So Usually I always have this thought in the back of my head that What if the reason of the Sacrifices that our gurus made are not what are preached to us by the clergy ?

- Cutting to the point, What if the Sacrifices of people like Banda Singh Bahadar, Bhai Mani Singh, and every other greatest Spirits in our history, All their Sacrifices were not for Preserving THEIR religion but the Freedom to CHOOSE your own religion,

- What if All the Gurus's Sacrifices are for "Freedom Of Expression" and not for Preserving a Religion... I'm well aware that Preserving Nanak's Philosophy is their Concern too ( Which I think is THE most beautiful Philosophy in the world )...

- Cuz if it was for religion why would Guru Teg bahadur Sacrifice himself for someone else's Religion.... ?

- What if Bhai Mani Singh, with his sacrifice, wanted to give the message of Freedom of Expression and Not preserving Hair (I could be terribly wrong here and I apologise for that if I'm hurting anybody's sentiments ), 'course Bhai Sahibs Choice was to keep hair for sure.

What if he wanted to give the message that "he is Free to Choose however he wants to look" and not that "I want hair"

- I mean can we teach the next generation What the Deep meaning behind the Sacrifices were. ( Only if they are ) ... Or shall we keep on preaching that they did so to save THEIR RELIGION/PHILOSOPHY ?

Or am I just Interpreting History/Sikhi as How it best fits My own Philosophy. ? Cuz that's what generally people do... Just wanted to discuss

Bhull chukk maaf

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Hello, been a long time....
I could be terribly wrong and I don't want anybody to take offense by reading my thoughts...

So Usually I always have this thought in the back of my head that What if the reason of the Sacrifices that our gurus made are not what are preached to us by the clergy ?

- Cutting to the point, What if the Sacrifices of people like Banda Singh Bahadar, Bhai Mani Singh, and every other greatest Spirits in our history, All their Sacrifices were not for Preserving THEIR religion but the Freedom to CHOOSE your own religion,

- What if All the Gurus's Sacrifices are for "Freedom Of Expression" and not for Preserving a Religion... I'm well aware that Preserving Nanak's Philosophy is their Concern too ( Which I think is THE most beautiful Philosophy in the world )...

- Cuz if it was for religion why would Guru Teg bahadur Sacrifice himself for someone else's Religion.... ?

- What if Bhai Mani Singh, with his sacrifice, wanted to give the message of Freedom of Expression and Not preserving Hair (I could be terribly wrong here and I apologise for that if I'm hurting anybody's sentiments ), 'course Bhai Sahibs Choice was to keep hair for sure.

What if he wanted to give the message that "he is Free to Choose however he wants to look" and not that "I want hair"

- I mean can we teach the next generation What the Deep meaning behind the Sacrifices were. ( Only if they are ) ... Or shall we keep on preaching that they did so to save THEIR RELIGION/PHILOSOPHY ?

Or am I just Interpreting History/Sikhi as How it best fits My own Philosophy. ? Cuz that's what generally people do... Just wanted to discuss

Bhull chukk maaf

Sat Is freedom. The entire gurbani teaches us to live free from the BS of the khel. Truth is that we do not enforce our beliefs on anyone tyrannically, it’s being a good soul, it’s walking the straight and narrow path. For attachment to maya is slavery to it.

Of course the Gurus sacrifice was for freedom, it was for Truth. No human has the right to abuse, control, hurt another. Gurus and true saints live the ultimate freedom and see the Truth of the khel.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Every human has been given the right to practice freedom of choice. However, sometimes humans go too far, ie murdering each other, in which case it’s righteous for us to choose to stand up for ourselves and fight back. People choose to practice satanism and even child sacrifice, in those cases, they should be stopped and justice should be served. For each choice that we practice freely, there is a consequence. Practicing josh, ie practicing our freedom to do bad things under the influence of the five thieves knowing that god loves us unconditionally, not caring about the consequences, leads to an unbalanced mind and mental illnesses.

Freedom from maya, and the cycles of births and deaths is living life, being good, ie practicing gurbani. Practicing maya is slavery to an illusion. Weve been given a choice, to be free and walk on the straight and narrow path, or be chained by the foolishness of the thieves. It can take many years, decades, and janams to accept this, because maya can look tempting, but once it’s accepted, a being can finally feel peace at last.

God doesn’t put us in chains, we sometimes end up doing that ourselves. We are free. We dictate our own lives, we make our own choices and create our own reality. It’s up to us what we want to create.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: