• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Real Story About Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale

maxcarig

SPNer
Apr 6, 2013
Hey all i want to know about "Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale" real story. i don't know some people call him "sant" and some call him "terrorist". please can anyone tell me what the truth is? what the real story of "Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale"????

aman12

SPNer
Feb 10, 2013
Sydney, Australia
You can ask people on the forums but a better way to go about things would be by doing some solid research on him by yourself. Here's what i'll recommend:

1. Read about Sant Ji on the web (wikipedia, sikhiwiki, sikh forums) so that you have a basic knowledge on him and the issues he tackled. Don't bother with Indian and Hindu sources early on, from what i have seen they are quiet clueless about him and call him a terrorist without any proof.

2. Listen to what Giani Thakur Singh Ji had to say about him.

The Real Story Of Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale by Giani Thakur Singh Damdami Taksal - YouTube

It's very long but trust me, very informative on the jeevan of Bhindranwale.

3. Listen to his speeches. Plenty of them are on youtube (some with subtitles too).

4. Read The Gallant Defender by A.R Darshi; who is a Hindu and was a high ranking official at the time of Bhindranwale. I have just started reading it and i have to say it's very informative.

Do all this and i guarantee you won't need to ask another person about sant ji :grinningsingh:

maxcarig

SPNer
Apr 6, 2013
You can ask people on the forums but a better way to go about things would be by doing some solid research on him by yourself. Here's what i'll recommend:

1. Read about Sant Ji on the web (wikipedia, sikhiwiki, sikh forums) so that you have a basic knowledge on him and the issues he tackled. Don't bother with Indian and Hindu sources early on, from what i have seen they are quiet clueless about him and call him a terrorist without any proof.

2. Listen to what Giani Thakur Singh Ji had to say about him.

The Real Story Of Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale by Giani Thakur Singh Damdami Taksal - YouTube

It's very long but trust me, very informative on the jeevan of Bhindranwale.

3. Listen to his speeches. Plenty of them are on youtube (some with subtitles too).

4. Read The Gallant Defender by A.R Darshi; who is a Hindu and was a high ranking official at the time of Bhindranwale. I have just started reading it and i have to say it's very informative.

Do all this and i guarantee you won't need to ask another person about sant ji :grinningsingh:
but what about indian army and khaalistaan. whats it.???? i watch some videos of Bhindranwale with Indra Gandhi.

aman12

SPNer
Feb 10, 2013
Sydney, Australia
but what about indian army and khaalistaan. whats it.???? i watch some videos of Bhindranwale with Indra Gandhi.

Sant Bhindranwale never supported Khalistan. He always said he'll leave the decision to the central government on whether they want sikhs to be part of India or not. Which is why i always wonder why so many people associate him with Khalistan movement because if he truly wanted a separate sikh nation then considering his influence, it made all the sense for him to talk about it. But he never did.
It's Anandpur Sahib resolution which is what he was after for so many years and what he worked to achieve for quiet a bit of time.

In regards to the army, it is important to note that general S.K Sinha has said that the army was rehearsing a attack on harminder sahib in Chakrata Cantonment even before sant ji decided to stay there in december 83.

maxcarig

SPNer
Apr 6, 2013
Sant Bhindranwale never supported Khalistan. He always said he'll leave the decision to the central government on whether they want sikhs to be part of India or not. Which is why i always wonder why so many people associate him with Khalistan movement because if he truly wanted a separate sikh nation then considering his influence, it made all the sense for him to talk about it. But he never did.
It's Anandpur Sahib resolution which is what he was after for so many years and what he worked to achieve for quiet a bit of time.

In regards to the army, it is important to note that general S.K Sinha has said that the army was rehearsing a attack on harminder sahib in Chakrata Cantonment even before sant ji decided to stay there in december 83.

then why he store the weapons in harmandir sahib..??????

aman12

SPNer
Feb 10, 2013
Sydney, Australia

Because he knew the government was going to use whatever force was necessary to crush sikh spirits. So better to fight for the cause than give up on it. From what i gather the situation was very tense in the 80's and the whole thing of Sikhs asking for equal rights since 47 and the refusal of the government to give them those rights was reaching a boiling point. It was obvious that the government wasn't going to Sikhs equal rights and end their discriminatory policies towards punjab (they ignored every morcha, so many innocent sikhs were put in jails or killed in fake encounters, they entirely ignored Anandpur Sahib Resolution and continued to treat sikhs as second class citizens). A prime example of that is when Sikhs weren't allowed to participate in Asian Games in 83 and were searched and humiliated all across Delhi. So the times were such that i suspect Bhindranwale knew very well that whether he stayed at Akal Takht or Keshgarh Sahib it didn't matter to the government. His views on Indira Gandhi and constant attacks on government policies that dealt with Punjab and Sikhs were taking its toll on the government and an attack was inevitable. Sikhs weren't going to stop asking for equal rights and Indira wasn't going to give sikhs those rights as it complicated things for her corrupt government and decreased her chances of getting re elected in couple of months.

Plus you have to remember Bhindranwale wasn't just any man asking for equal rights, he was a highly influential man among Sikhs who was asking for equal rights.

And guess what Bhindranwale was right about the government, at the end it didn't matter to them where he stayed as they attacked 40 other gurudwaras across Punjab when they attacked Harminder Sahib.

And just to give you an idea about how apparent it must have been that they were going to attack, here's general Sk Sinha talking about Indira Gandhi asking for tanks and the army so she can deal with Bhindranwale in 1983. Sinha being a good human being refused to do so but it sure tells you the direction Indira wanted to take things to. Start part 1 from 11:38

Interview of Lt .Gen Sinha on Operation Blue Star- Part 1 - YouTube

Interview of Lt .Gen Sinha on Operation Blue Star- Part 2 - YouTube

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
you may really read this:- http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...980s-jarnail-singh-bhindranwale/1/164436.html

and why he caught badal and others in golden temple.

The article you quoted refers to Bhindrawale Ji as 'diabolic', 'puppet of ISI',.. it even goes on to say..
Bhindranwale, too, first hit the headlines by unleashing violence on the Nirankaris. In a sectarian clash in 1979, 17 people died.
Whereas, in reality, it was the Sikhs who died in that 'sectarian clash'. The author certainly needs to get his facts right..
All in all, if you read about him from biased sources such as this one, chances aren't very bright that you'll get to know the reality..

aman12

SPNer
Feb 10, 2013
Sydney, Australia
you may really read this:- http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...980s-jarnail-singh-bhindranwale/1/164436.html

and why he caught badal and others in golden temple.

This is why i told you to stay away from the usual indian sources early on, they tend to be very one sided and often times repeat the official government line without any proof.

In that article the "journalist" refers to Bhindranwale as a Pakistani agent, without any proof says sikhs probably bought arms by selling the gold from then sarkari takht, blames Bhindranwale for the death of a Hindu writer when the government itself didn't have any proof of his involvement (Zail Singh said there was no proof against Bhindranwale in the Parliament of all places), the writer then calls Bhindranwale's followers dumb and worst of all like aristotle said the writer just lied about a well known 1978 Vaisakhi Massacre where 13 singhs got shaheed.

http://www.bhindranwale.net/sikhismbooks/thegallantdefender-chapter1.html
-A.R Darshi talking about the 1978 massacre by Nirankaris in his book (i recommend you read the whole book from start but you can search up massacre related info by hitting ctrl F and searching 1978). Also there was a hukamnama issued by Akal Takht in 1978 in relation to the massacre, i'll try to look for it.

Last edited:

GSingh1984

SPNer
Mar 28, 2013
The army already had a scale model of darbar sahib to practice attacks on, from a few years prior.

http://rupeenews.com/2012/10/indian-army-prepares-for-attack-on-the-darbar-sahib-the-golden-temple/

For over a year, the Indian army had been preparing for an attack on the Darbar Sahib. To legitimize the attack, according to Subramaniam Swami—-a member of the Indian Parliament—-the central government had created a disinformation campaign. In his words, the state sought to “make out that the Golden Temple was the haven of criminals, a store of armory and a citadel of the nation’s dismemberment conspiracy.”

-

There was operation shanti:
http://roadtokhalistan.blogspot.ca/2010/10/ding-dong-witch-is-dead_31.html

According to the plan, large-scale skirmishes virtually amounting to a war were to take place all along the India-Pakistan borders. And, it was to be given out that the Sikhs had risen in revolt in Punjab and joined hands with Pakistani armed forces which had made considerable advances into the Indian Territory. The Sikhs all over Punjab, especially in Gurdaspur, Amritsar, Ferozepur, Kapurthala and Jalandhar districts were to be subjected to massive aerial bombardment, apart from being slaughtered by army and para military forces.

-
They're also supposed to be descendants of Gangu Bramin (disputed claim?) so gaddari runs in the blood, and as bramins they had/have vested interests in destroying the largest cohesive, and unified movement in India against the caste system.
/

Furthermore, if you study the laws of the nation; you find that India, is a territory of the commonwealth with Queen Elizabeth II as the head of state.

What, this means it is in essence part of the British Empire. The All caps INDIA is a company set up as a fraud.

Case law verifies, this and I won't go into detail in this thread.

Therefore, according to the 'law of the land' it is not unlawful to keep weapons. Only to use them in an offensive action against innocents.

-
A second point to be made for weapons in Darbar Sahib, is guru ji instructed us to be tyaar (ready) for war in the blink of a second.

Kirpan literally means to render a service, or give. Sikhs used to be given a firelock, pike, sword, and bow and arrow upon Amrit Sanchaar.

British turned siri sahib into a 'kirpan'. What can you defend even in the age of swords with a small dagger?
/
Another thing, is that all sikh panthic decisions have been made at the Akal Takht, it is the capital of our nation, and we are a separate country.

If armed people gather, then it is natural there would be a gathering of arms there.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
British turned siri sahib into a
'kirpan'. What can you defend
even in the age of swords with
a small dagger?
This is a controversial point and I beg to differ on this one. Anyways, the very mention of such a thing was uncalled for. Just for a start, I would like you to give some evidence supporting your observation (prefrably on a separate thread).
Just a food for thought, do you sport a Siri Sahib in real life, if yes what's the length of the same?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I don't know too much and don't usually spend my time wondering who is and who was the real deal!
Anyway, I think that there are too many myths about Jarnail ji and most of the taksal.
This is what happens when politics gets mixed in with faith and religion.
POLITICS is about DECEPTION and winning over whereas RELIGION is about MORALS.

I can't honestly say that Sant Jarnail ji was an enlightened soul from what I gather but I think the taksal followers of Sant Gurbachan Singh seem to hold them all with high esteem.
I know that Sant Gurbachan singh ji spent many years of devotional worship and bhakti and many regard him as brahmgyani and mahapursh, but at the end of the day I can't really say too much for or against any of them.

Although, I believe as a true Sikh, he never spoke against any of the other maryadas especially Hazoor sahib and AKJ but apparently walked out when the akaal takht one was being implemented with regards to the 'meat issue'.
How true this is, I don't really know and haven't delved in too much.

Then we have Jathedar Thakur singh, who for many years claimed that sant Jarnail ji was not dead or killed !!

If someone knows more or can confirm otherwise, then please provide us all with some material.

Thanks

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: