• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Re: Allah And Parbrahm Are One And The Same

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
ffice:eek:ffice" /><?"urn:
P><P align=center><DIV align=center><B><FONT face=
ALLAHU</B></DIV>

The word Allahu/ ਅਲਹੁ have been used in AGGS many times by Guru Nanak, Guru Arjan, Kabir, and Namdev for the One Creator, which created all the creation. Every human has a right to call the Creator according to his understanding. Following are the references from AGGS for the use of this word. Guru Arjan even called that neither he is Hindu nor Muslim.

ਬਾਬਾ ਅਲਹੁ ਅਗਮ ਅਪਾਰੁ
Bābā alhu agam apār.

O Baba, the Allah is Inaccessible and Infinite.
-----Guru Nanak, Siri Raag, AGGS, Page, 53-10

ਅਲਾਹੁ ਅਲਖੁ ਅਗੰਮੁ ਕਾਦਰੁ ਕਰਣਹਾਰੁ ਕਰੀਮੁ
Alāhu alak agamm kāar karanhār karīm.

God is Allah, the Unknowable, the Inaccessible, All-powerful and Merciful Creator.
-----Guru Nanak, Siri Raag, AGGS, Page, 64-9

ਕਲਿ ਮਹਿ ਬੇਦੁ ਅਥਰਬਣੁ ਹੂਆ ਨਾਉ ਖੁਦਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਭਇਆ
Kal mėh be atharba hū▫ā nā▫o kuā▫ī alhu ba▫i▫ā.

In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God. -----Guru Nanak, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 470-7

ਆਦਿ ਪੁਰਖ ਕਉ ਅਲਹੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੇਖਾਂ ਆਈ ਵਾਰੀ
Ā purak ka▫o alhu kahī▫ai sekāʼn ā▫ī vārī.

The Primal God is called Allah. The Shaykh's turn has now come. ------Guru Nanak, Raag Basant, AGGS, Page, 1191-2

ਏਕੋ ਅਲਹੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ
Ėko alhu pārbarahm.

The Muslim God Allah and the Hindu God Paarbrahm are one and the same. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Maru, AGGS, Page 1083-13

ਅਲਹ ਅਗਮ ਖੁਦਾਈ ਬੰਦੇ ਛੋਡਿ ਖਿਆਲ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਕੇ ਧੰਧੇ ਹੋਇ ਪੈ ਖਾਕ ਫਕੀਰ ਮੁਸਾਫਰੁ ਇਹੁ ਦਰਵੇਸੁ ਕਬੂਲੁ ਦਰਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਯਕੀਨ ਮੁਸਲਾ ਮਨਸਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਨਿਵਾਰਿਹੁ ਆਸਾ ਦੇਹ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਮਉਲਾਣਾ ਕਲਮ ਖੁਦਾਈ ਪਾਕੁ ਖਰਾ ਸਰਾ ਸਰੀਅਤਿ ਲੇ ਕੰਮਾਵਹੁ ਤਰੀਕਤਿ ਤਰਕ ਖੋਜਿ ਟੋਲਾਵਹੁ ਮਾਰਫਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰਹੁ ਅਬਦਾਲਾ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਹਕੀਕਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਫਿਰਿ ਨ ਮਰਾ ਕੁਰਾਣੁ ਕਤੇਬ ਦਿਲ ਮਾਹਿ ਕਮਾਹੀ ਦਸ ਅਉਰਾਤ ਰਖਹੁ ਬਦ ਰਾਹੀ ਪੰਚ ਮਰਦ ਸਿਦਕਿ ਲੇ ਬਾਧਹੁ ਖੈਰਿ ਸਬੂਰੀ ਕਬੂਲ ਪਰਾ ਮਕਾ ਮਿਹਰ ਰੋਜਾ ਪੈ ਖਾਕਾ ਭਿਸਤੁ ਪੀਰ ਲਫਜ ਕਮਾਇ ਅੰਦਾਜਾ ਹੂਰ ਨੂਰ ਮੁਸਕੁ ਖੁਦਾਇਆ ਬੰਦਗੀ ਅਲਹ ਆਲਾ ਹੁਜਰਾ ਸਚੁ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਕਾਜੀ ਜੋ ਦਿਲੁ ਸੋਧੈ ਸੋਈ ਹਾਜੀ ਸੋ ਮੁਲਾ ਮਲਊਨ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ਸੋ ਦਰਵੇਸੁ ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਧਰਾ ਸਭੇ ਵਖਤ ਸਭੇ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਲਾ ਖਾਲਕੁ ਯਾਦਿ ਦਿਲੈ ਮਹਿ ਮਉਲਾ ਤਸਬੀ ਯਾਦਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਦਸ ਮਰਦਨੁ ਸੁੰਨਤਿ ਸੀਲੁ ਬੰਧਾਨਿ ਬਰਾ ਦਿਲ ਮਹਿ ਜਾਨਹੁ ਸਭ ਫਿਲਹਾਲਾ ਖਿਲਖਾਨਾ ਬਿਰਾਦਰ ਹਮੂ ਜੰਜਾਲਾ ਮੀਰ ਮਲਕ ਉਮਰੇ ਫਾਨਾਇਆ ਏਕ ਮੁਕਾਮ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਦਰਾ ਅਵਲਿ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਦੂਜੀ ਸਾਬੂਰੀ ਤੀਜੈ ਹਲੇਮੀ ਚਉਥੈ ਖੈਰੀ ਪੰਜਵੈ ਪੰਜੇ ਇਕਤੁ ਮੁਕਾਮੈ ਏਹਿ ਪੰਜਿ ਵਖਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਅਪਰਪਰਾ ਸਗਲੀ ਜਾਨਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਮਉਦੀਫਾ ਬਦ ਅਮਲ ਛੋਡਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਹਥਿ ਕੂਜਾ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਏਕੁ ਬੁਝਿ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਬਾਂਗਾਂ ਬੁਰਗੂ ਬਰਖੁਰਦਾਰ ਖਰਾ ਹਕੁ ਹਲਾਲੁ ਬਖੋਰਹੁ ਖਾਣਾ ਦਿਲ ਦਰੀਆਉ ਧੋਵਹੁ ਮੈਲਾਣਾ ਪੀਰੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ਭਿਸਤੀ ਸੋਈ ਅਜਰਾਈਲੁ ਨ ਦੋਜ ਠਰਾ ਕਾਇਆ ਕਿਰਦਾਰ ਅਉਰਤ ਯਕੀਨਾ ਰੰਗ ਤਮਾਸੇ ਮਾਣਿ ਹਕੀਨਾ ਨਾਪਾਕ ਪਾਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹਦੀਸਾ ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ਮੋਮ ਦਿਲਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਮਲੁ ਦਿਲ ਤੇ ਧੋਵੈ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਰੰਗ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨੇੜੈ ਜਿਉ ਕੁਸਮ ਪਾਟੁ ਘਿਉ ਪਾਕੁ ਹਰਾ ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮਿਹਰ ਮਿਹਰ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ਸੋਈ ਮਰਦੁ ਮਰਦੁ ਮਰਦਾਨਾ ਸੋਈ ਸੇਖੁ ਮਸਾਇਕੁ ਹਾਜੀ ਸੋ ਬੰਦਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਨਜਰਿ ਨਰਾ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕਾਦਰ ਕਰਣ ਕਰੀਮਾ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਮੁਹਬਤਿ ਅਥਾਹ ਰਹੀਮਾ ਹਕੁ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਸਚੁ ਖੁਦਾਇਆ ਬੁਝਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਬੰਦਿ ਖਲਾਸ ਤਰਾ
Alah agam kuā¬ī banė. Cẖẖod ki¬āl unī¬ā kė ḏẖanḏẖė. Ho¬ė pai kāk fakīr musāfar ih arvės ffice:smarttags" /><?xml::
><st1:place w:st=
<st1:City w:st="on">kabūl
arā. Sac nivāj yakīn muslā. Mansā mār nivārihu āsā. ėh masī man ma¬ulāā kalam kuā¬ī pāk karā. Sarā sarī¬a lė kammāvahu. Ŧarīkaarak koj tolāvahu. Mārfa man mārahu abālā milhu hakīka ji fir na marā. Kurā kaėb il māhi kamāhī. as a¬urā rakahu ba rāhī. Panc mara siak lė bāḏẖhu kair sabūrī <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">kabūl parā. Makā mihar rojā pai kākā. Bisa pīr lafaj kamā¬ė anājā. Hūr nūr musak kuā¬i¬ā banagī alah ālā hujrā. Sac kamāvai so¬ī kājī. Jo il soḏẖai so¬ī hājī. So mulā mala¬ūn nivārai so arvės jis sifaḏẖarā. Sabė vaka sabė kar vėlā. Kālak yāilai meh ma¬ulā. Ŧasbī yā karahu as maran suna sīl banḏẖān barā. il meh jānhu sab filhālā. Kilkānā birāar hamū janjālā. Mīr malak umrė fānā¬i¬ā ėk mukām kuā¬ė arā. Aval sifaūjī sābūrī. Ŧījai halėmī ca¬uthai kairī. Punjvai panjė ika mukāmai ėhi panj vakaėrė aparparā. Saglī jān karahu ma¬uīfā. Ba amal cẖẖod karahu hath kūjā. Kuā¬ė ėk bujėvhu bāʼngāʼn burgū barkurār karā. Hak halāl bakorahu kāā. il arī¬ā¬o ḏẖovahu mailāā. Pīr pacẖẖāai bisī so¬ī ajrā¬īl na oj ṯẖarā. Kā¬i¬ā kirār a¬ura yakīnā. Rang amāsė mā hakīnā. Nāpāk pāk kar haūr haīsā sāba sūraasār sirā. Musalmā mom il hovai. Anar kī mal il ė ḏẖovai. unī¬ā rang na āvai nėai ji¬o kusam pāt gi¬o pāk harā. Jā ka¬o mihar mihar miharvānā. So¬ī mara mara marānā. So¬ī sėk masā¬ik hājī so banā jis najar <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">narā. Kuraar kara karīmā. Sifa muhaba athāh rahīmā. Hak hukam sac kuā¬i¬ā buj Nānak ban kalās arā.

O slave of the inaccessible God Allah, forsake thoughts of worldly entanglements. Become the dust of the feet of the humble saints, and consider yourself a traveler on this journey. O saintly person, you shall be approved in the Court of the God. Let Truth be your prayer, and faith your prayer-mat. Subdue your desires, and overcome your hopes. Let your body be the mosque, and your mind the priest. Let true purity be God's Word for you. Let your practice be to live the spiritual life. Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God. Let control of the mind is your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. Practice within your heart the teachings of the Quran and the Bible; restrain the ten sensory organs from straying into evil. Tie up the five demons of desire with faith, charity and contentment and you shall be acceptable. Let compassion be your <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mecca, and the dust of the feet of the holy your fast. Let <st1:place w:st="on">Paradise be your practice of the Prophet's Word. God is the beauty, the light and the fragrance. Meditation on Allah is the secluded meditation chamber. He alone is a Qazi, who practices the Truth. He alone is a Hajji, a pilgrim to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mecca, who purifies his heart. He alone is a Mullah, who banishes evil; he alone is a saintly person, who takes the Support of the God's Praise. Always, at every moment, remember God, the Creator within your heart. Let your meditation beads be the subjugation of the ten senses. Let good conduct and self-restraint is your circumcision. You must know in your heart that everything is temporary. Family, household and siblings are all entanglements. Kings, rulers and nobles are mortal and transitory; only God's Gate is the permanent place. First, is the God's Praise; second, contentment; third, humility, and fourth, giving to charities. Fifth is to hold one's desires in restraint. These are the five most sublime daily prayers. Let your daily worship be the knowledge that God is everywhere. Let renunciation of evil actions be the water-jug you carry. Let realization of the One Lord God be your call to prayer; be a good child of God - let this be your trumpet. Let what is earned righteously be your blessed food. Wash away pollution with the river of your heart. One who realizes the Prophet attains heaven. Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death, does not cast him into hell. Let good deeds be your body, and faith your bride. Play and enjoy the Lord's love and delight. Purify what is impure, and let the Lord's Presence be your religious tradition. Let your total awareness be the turban on your head. To be Muslim is to be kind-hearted, and wash away pollution from within the heart. He does not even approach worldly pleasures; he is pure, like flowers, silk, ghee and the deer-skin. One, who is blessed with the mercy and compassion of the Merciful God, is the manliest man among men. He alone is a Sheikh, a preacher, a Hajji, and he alone is God's slave, who is blessed with God's Grace. The Creator has Creative Power; the Merciful God has Mercy. The Praises and the Love of the Merciful God are unfathomable. Realize the True Command of the God, O Nanak; you shall be released from bondage, and carried across. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Maru, AGGS, Page, 1083 & 84

ਏਕੁ ਗੁਸਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਹਾਂ ਨੇਬੇਰਾ ਰਹਾਉ ਏਕੋ ਸੇਵੀ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ
ਹਜ ਕਾਬੈ ਜਾਉ ਨ ਤੀਰਥ ਪੂਜਾ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਉ ਨ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਉ ਏਕ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਲੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਉ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਅਲਹ ਰਾਮ ਕੇ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਪਰਾਨ
Ėk gusā▫ī alhu merā. Hinū urak uhāʼn neberā. ||1|| rahā▫o. Haj kābai jā▫o na irath pūjā. Ėko sevī avar na ūjā. ||2|| Pūjā kara▫o na nivāj gujāra▫o. Ėk nirankār le riai namaskāra▫o. ||3|| Nā ham hinū na musalmān. Alah rām ke pind parān. ||4||

The One God, the Creator of the World, is my God Allah. It administers justice to both Hindus and Muslims. ||1||Pause|| I do not make pilgrimages to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines. I serve the One God, and not any other. ||2|| I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers. I have taken the One Formless God into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. ||3|| I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim. My body and breath of life belong to Allah - to Raam - the God of both. ||4||-----Guru Arjan, Raag Bhario, AGGS, Page, 1136

ਰੋਜਾ ਧਰੈ ਮਨਾਵੈ ਅਲਹੁ ਸੁਆਦਤਿ ਜੀਅ ਸੰਘਾਰੈ ਸਾਚੁ ਕਤੇਬ ਬਖਾਨੈ ਅਲਹੁ ਨਾਰਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ
Rojā ḏẖarai manāvai alhu su▫āa jī▫a sangārai. Sāc kaeb bakānai alhu nār purak nahī ko▫ī.

You keep your fasts to please Allah, while you murder other beings for pleasure. Your holy scriptures say that Allah is True, and that he is neither male nor female.-----Kabir, Raag Asa, AGGS, Page, 483-5, 6,7, & 8

ਅਲਹੁ ਗੈਬੁ ਸਗਲ ਘਟ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਲੇਹੁ ਬਿਚਾਰੀ
Alhu gaib sagal gat bīar hirai leho bicārī.

Allah is hidden in every heart; reflect upon this in your mind.----- Kabir, Raag Ramkali, AGGS, Page 897-6

ਅਲਹੁ ਏਕੁ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਬਸਤੁ ਹੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਮੁਲਖੁ ਕਿਸੁ ਕੇਰਾ ਅਲਹ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਵਉ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਈ

Alhu ek masī basa hai avar mulak kis kerā. Alah rām jīva▫o ere nā▫ī.

If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong?
O Allah, O Raam, I live by Your Name.-----Kabir, Raag Parbhati, AGGS, Page, 1349- 11 & 12

ਕਬੀਰੁ ਪੂੰਗਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਅਲਹ ਕਾ ਸਭ ਗੁਰ ਪੀਰ ਹਮਾਰੇ
Kabīr pūngrā rām alah kā sab gur pīr hamāre.

Kabir is the child of God, Allah, Raam. All the Gurus and prophets are mine. ------Kabir, Raag Parbhati, AGGS, Page, 1349-17

ਅਵਲਿ ਅਲਹ ਨੂਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕੇ ਸਭ ਬੰਦੇ
Aval alah nūr upā▫i▫ā kura ke sab bane.

First, Allah created the Light; then, by Its Creative Power, made all mortal beings.------ Kabir, Raag Parbhati, AGGS, Page, 1349-19

ਅਲਹੁ ਅਲਖੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਲਖਿਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਗੁੜੁ ਦੀਨਾ ਮੀਠਾ
Alhu alak na jā▫ī laki▫ā gur guīnā mīṯẖā.

The God Allah is Unseen. The Guru has blessed me with Its sweet molasses. ------Kabir, Raag Parbhati, AGGS, Page, 1350-4

ਕਬੀਰ ਅਲਹ ਕੀ ਕਰਿ ਬੰਦਗੀ ਜਿਹ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਦੁਖੁ ਜਾਇ
Kabīr alah kī kar banagī jih simrauk jā▫e.

Kabir, worship the God Allah; meditating in remembrance on It, troubles and pains depart.
-----Kabir Slokes, AGGS, Page, 1374-10

ਰੁਦਨੁ ਕਰੈ ਨਾਮੇ ਕੀ ਮਾਇ ਛੋਡਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਕੀ ਨ ਭਜਹਿ ਖੁਦਾਇ
Ruan karai nāme kī mā▫e.Cẖẖod rām kī na bajėh kuā▫e.

Naam Dayv's mother began to cry, "Why don't you abandon your God Ram, and worship the God Allah?"------Namdev, Raag Bhairo, AGGS, Page, 1165-17
Virinder

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM