• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale - A Sikh Preacher Or A Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The SIKH GURUS NEVER attempted to ATTACH people to their ownselves/bodies etc...that is why there is no "Guru History" in the SGGS written by the Gurus. Its all about the CREATOR...How to FIND HIM..and How to attain HIM..and what is the RESULT of attaining HIM or Failing to do that. Each successor GURU moved on to a new place, spreading the MESSAGE....Guru Angad LEFT Kartarpur of GURU NANAK and the Sangats left along with him...Guru Amardass Ji left Khadoor sahib and went to GOINDWAAL..and the sangats followed....and so on..Finally by the time Harmandar sahib/darbar sahib/Amrtisar was established..the UPDESH or GURBANI had been compiled into the POTHI SAHIB and Parkashed. Guru ARJUN JI..the "Human Body Guru" STOPPED seating himslef at PAR with the POTHI SAHIB..and sleeping on a "bed" but BELOW the POTHI SAHIB to show the REAL GURU is the UPDESH and NOT the Body (deh).

The SGGS fits the Bill for the Perfect satgur, poora satgur becasue it has no HUMAN FAILINGS..it needs no foods, no baths and no massages, no seva of rubbing its tired feet etc etc which a human body needs and relishes (sants LOVE this esp if the Bibis do it and hence the SCANDALS ). EACH and every word in the SGGS..POINTS like a SIGNBOARD at the CREATOR..exactly what the 10 living human Gurus TAUGHT and collected from previous sants and bhagats like Kabir Ji, farid Ji etc..visible proof that ATTAINING HIM is not the speciality/perogrative/privilege of any caste/region/race/rich/poor/status/royalty/beggar..etc etc...and every HUMAN BORN is entitled to learn how to attain HIM and attain HIM in PRACTISE !!

Its Commonly said ( by those who beleive in dehdharee gurus and sants babas mahapurahss) that the SGGS cannot speak..cannot convey its message..cannot walk about etc etc..) This are FALLACIOUS arguments dhuchars !! On the Contrary..I would say the Sggs cannot molest any female.male follower..cannot rape any female follower, cannot insult nayone, cannot scold anyone,,cannot murder anyone, cannot refuse to be present and open to be read at any time any place by anyone, cannot grab your property, cannot rob and plunder its followers, cannot be jealous..cannot curse and swear...cannot take away your food and water..demand respect..demand gifts......SO ALL THE NEGATIVE ASPECTS of a HUMAN are BEYOND the SGGS..BUT the POSITIVE ASPECTS are ALL PRESENT....hence the SGGS is the PERFECT GURU of all time that Guru nanak ji GIFTED US via Guur Arjun Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji in all wisdom. The poorest of the poor can go to any Gurdawra, sit beside the SGGS, open and read to his hearts desire..and not pay a single cent...futtee kauddee..TRY THAT with a Dhadrianwallah or Pehova Vallah and see what happens ???

Aug 28, 2010
It is very easy to open a showroom in the name of GURU .
It is just impossible to do so in the name of GUR.
So we should think of connecting ourselves with the GUR of GURU Granth Sahib Ji.
Such showrooms would get automatically closed.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Actually I have, on many occasions, and no one demanded any futtee kaudee. Just katha and love of the Guru.

Breebji,

I have only seen the one video of this preacher, and watching people touch his feet, in my humble view, makes me feel very uneasy about what exactly he is preaching. Did not Guru Nanak say that anyone who worshiped him would be on the wrong path, clearly here this does not apply......

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Such persons clever only.We establish them as enlightened and that is why they are there.

Prakash.s.bagga

I disagree ji, I think they are enlightened, I think that they have pursued that enlightenment with a personal agenda, and they have obtained it, although not 100% enlightenment, they clearly know enough tricks and smoke and mirrors to abuse that power. The one thing that these people could not, didnt want to, or have not conquered is the ego.

Jun 3, 2011
Who amongst us has conquered ego? You? Me? Who?

The reason why people despise Ranjit Singh is that he turns people to Gurmat and to Guru Granth Sahib Ji and they do not like this. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Do we not touch the feet of our mother and father ? Do we not touch the feet of our grandparents? Do we not touch the feet of some old relative who comes to our house? Even though that old person may be have no jeevan at all and may be a boozer still we touch his feet out of respect. Then why the who-haa about touching the feet of a Gursikh?

Sikhs flock to those Gursikhs who are honoured by the Guru but manmukhs despise this, they cannot stand this, rather then put their own house in order they go on the jealousy offensive and ruin what little they have......... carry on my friends, carry on.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

The reason why people despise Ranjit Singh is that he turns people to Gurmat and to Guru Granth Sahib Ji and they do not like this. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Do we not touch the feet of our mother and father ? Do we not touch the feet of our grandparents? Do we not touch the feet of some old relative who comes to our house? Even though that old person may be have no jeevan at all and may be a boozer still we touch his feet out of respect. Then why the who-haa about touching the feet of a Gursikh?

Sikhs flock to those Gursikhs who are honoured by the Guru but manmukhs despise this, they cannot stand this, rather then put their own house in order they go on the jealousy offensive and ruin what little they have......... carry on my friends, carry on.

Guru Ji wrote in Sukhmani Sahib..Manukh ki TEK birtha jaan...to depend on a HUMAN is BIRTHA..useless.

Note: this tuk stands by itself...even the entire shabad/pauree/ashtpadee says the same thing. It means a HUMAN CANNOT save us..cannot accompany us to jamraaj Court where we will be judged..only His Naam does that and Naam is in SGGS.. so Carry on touching human feet carry on...to each his own...i would rather read Gurbani and Vichaar the Shabad instead of hearing two liner JINGLES called Dhaarna to replace Gurbani...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Breebji, no i have not conquered ego, but then I am quite honest about my own failings, and more importantly, I am not trying to pass myself off as a Baba.

Yes, I still touch my parents feet, and they bless me, and my wife, however, that is because they are my parents and I see god in them. You could argue that people see god in this baba, well, if they do, than the baba is failing in his duty as a man of god, it is his duty to rectify this situation and point people towards the almighty in themselves, not worship the god within the baba.

Any sikh can find the way without a baba, because each individuals journey varies with different life experiences, the only person that can guide you to the creator is yourself. Yes, you can take on board ideals and philosophies from other people, and they may inspire you, but in the end, it is a journey with only two people on it. You and the Creator.

With enlightenment comes wisdom, I am surprised that this Baba does not have enough wisdom to realise the public perceptions that he is encouraging with what could well be his only failing, his ego, as you yourself have already admitted, however, human nature teaches us that if it looks bad, smells bad, it probably is bad, and suddenly that one failing is on top of a list of much more serious failings. If you want to put yourself up there, might it make sense to ensure you are as clean and holy as you can be, and try and be careful with what you choose or refuse to condone

Aug 28, 2010
Harry Haller ji,
I like your message of journey being by oneself towards theCreator.
In Gurbaani the term Manmukh is clearly defined as
"Manmukh so jo SABADu Naa Pachchanaee" pp1054SGGS
Once we clearly grasp the messages of Gurbaani then only we can be clear about the need of any person required as mediator between anyone and the Creator.
Frankly speaking I have not met so far giving the knowledge about SABADu other than SGGS ji.
Similarly from Gurbaani we come to know that it is only SATIGURu for gifting the NAAMu
No person can claim to give you NAAMu Any one doing so is refered as Moorakh and Gaawar.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Actually I have, on many occasions, and no one demanded any futtee kaudee. Just katha and love of the Guru.

Thats becasue you went there as a memebr of the public...as I can go to a Public Rally of Obama..BUT IF i want Obama to pay me a visit ?? EACH programme of the Bab is FUNDED by soemone..some Gurdwara...

Try asking baba Dhadri to come to your house and do a kirtan/katha programme and see if he wnats a futtee kaudde or more ?? Try to invite him for a programme at the Gurdwara ?? and see how much he wants..
A secretary of a Gurdwara in the USA told me this... "...and it was my job to collect the bheta and put it in a plastic bag and give it to the Bhai leader of kirtan jathas etc )
Once this Dhadree baba came and I packed the huge pile of USD into a bag and went to give it to him..he replied I dont touch money...so i told him..take it or I place it in front of the Gurdwara Goluck..he looked at me and saw it in my eyes..quickly grabbed the bag and placed it under his knee.which baba you knoiw gives back all the bheta to the Gurdwara they do kirtan in ?? Not a single one...thats futtee kauddee for you..they are all broken kaudee worth.
No offense meant or taken..beyond that..

Aug 28, 2010
GIYANI JURNAIL SINGH Ji,
I have great respect and consideration for your views.I am sure you are fully aware
where the actual problem is.As a matter of fact somewhere you would realise our
our preachers and scholars have not done justice with the spreading of knowledge of Gurbaani as envisaged in SGGS ji.
Above this we created a system where most the people are loyal to the persons even in presenceof SGGS ji.This is because we never told people the real significance of SGGS and Gurbaani as well.People were attracted towards personalitis for their daily problems.
And because most of the problems are related to finance in a country like India.
It should be surprised to accept that these people have done or are doing financial care of many of people connected with them .And for this definitely funds are required.There should not be harm in accepting or offering the bhetas if theseare properly accounted for.This is not possible with every one.
So there are multidimensional aspects related to this problem .So unless people are made to understand clearly that how important is to connect with SGGS only and our communty should come forward with charity as envisaged by our Gurus.Nothing is going to change.
Prakash.s.bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Having dug a bit deeper, it appears Ranjit Singh did apologise for allowing people to touch his feet, it has been put down to his youth.

On the one hand any figure that stands up for sikhism and the sikhi way of life is not a bad thing, I find it distasteful, but only because I would not entrust my faith and put that in the hands of another human, but that's my take,

Is this man corrupt and does he have his own agenda? I do not know but maybe instead of blaming or judging him, we should blame and judge the people that are in such a desperate need of a baba to bow down before.

Did Ranjit Singh set out to be bowed before, or is it the fault of the adoring congregation.?

Looking back, I do recall some Baba or other coming to our house, and yes, we all touched his feet. In hindsight, he should have stopped us, but he didnt, he just sort of looked at us with a slightly smug and aloof manner,

Ranjit Singh is possibly the innocent in this, its the people standing behind him, giving the people in front of him, what THEY desire.

I do not suppose taking the word of the Guru to the people is easy, Ranjit Singh is in an ideal position to make the most of that position if he were to follow his own heart and remember he is a servant of god, not an equal, and to make every effort to impress that on people

May 24, 2008

Breeb Ji ,
Here are my two cents :
Economics of the Godmen
I wish to clear some plain facts about the mushrooming growth of Godmen in India
It is commonly known to us that during elections votes are sold to political parties for a price But the exact modus operandi is unclear to many Here is how it works There are following elections held in India
1. Panchayat Elections Rate per vote is 5000 to 7000 rs for elections of Panches a furthur expense of 1000 Rs is incurred on the election of Sarpanch among Panches 2. Block Samiti Elections : Rate per vote is 1000 to 2000 , liquor bottles , Poppy husk & few hundered rupees do the trick 3. Muncipal Committee Elections Rate is again 1000 to 2000 per vote same means r used for distribution 4. Muncipal Corporation Elections ( For Big Cities ) Rate is 2000 to 2500 per vote for electing councillors a furthur expense of 500 is made for electing Mayor 5. Lok Sabha Elections Rate is 1000 to 2000 per vote 6 Assembly Elections This is the mother of all elections Rate is 5000 to 8000 per vote morover the winner takes the all important Chief Minister Ship chair So in total a vote costs ( Earns ) Rs 16,000 to 25000 ( 400 USD to 625 USD ) in all 5 years . All the Godmen all they have to do is to invite some political leader to some big SATSANG & that political leader pays his RESPECTS to Godman in front of DEVOTEES The leader gets the unusual big crowd the public gets to see the amount of CLOUT OF BABAJI & to top it all BABAJI gets his share proportionately
Each vote multiplied by 16000 to 25000 Rupees .This BOOTY is in the form of CASH & KIND like land allotment , posting of police officers ,teachers, health workers, transfers of various officials to PLUM places
So stop all this worshipping of Godmen who are mere parasites living off innocent devotees . Read the religious scriptures for yourself ,do honest deeds, limit your desires do some web surfing to know about the religion we wish to follow get out of rut of a human Baba / Godman as far as possible.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
harry Hailer Ji,
have you seen the Newspaper Advertisement pic i posted ? It has three huge flaws and is taken out by the Baba..so he cannot squirm out of it.

1. Point number ONE..the ocassion is a Gurpurab - SHAHEEDEE of Sahib Guru Arjun ji sahib the PREMIER shaheed of Sikhism called Shaeedahn de Sirtaaj....the wording for this Gurpurab is TINY....and the other CONCURRENT programme is the DEATH anniversary of a Human Baba..the wording for that is MUCH BIGGEr and BOLDER than the GURUPURAB wordings.
2. its highly unethical to celebrate a HUMAN DEATH B{censored}E concurrently with a GURPURAB. Means you are EQUATING dead man with the LIVING GURU. KHASMEH KAREH BERABERI mundhihn khutthah jayeh...a slave who tires to be equal with his Master is deadmeat a goner..useless..

3. The Living Baba places HIS OWN PICTURE..and ADDS Chakras or HALOS on his head...such chakras or halos are usually added on to GURU HEADS...so here again this baba is not only equating his own head wth GURU NANAK SAHIB...hes trying to be equal to his dead baba as well..!!!

So this man "apologised" for the earlier video blaming his "youth"....HA HA..he did that lame excuse after a storm blew up in hsi face on the internet...he had to apologise to clam things down...

Shall we WAIT for his apology over this Advertisement...is he getting YOUNGER..and will again blame it on his youth ?? And by the wya..this ad is NOT the Firts...there have been many many such simialr types of hoardings, posters etc...BUT then some will never see...

Gurbani delcares..Call them not BIND..whose eyes are naturally defective/damaged thru accident/disease etc....Call them BLIND..those who have Perfect eyes, 20/20 vision..healthy vision..BUT REFUSE TO SEE..those are the REAL BLIND.:grinningkaur::grinningkaur::grinningkaur::grinningkaur::grinningkaur:

Jun 3, 2011
<<<<< I am surprised that this Baba does not have enough wisdom to realise the public perceptions that he is encouraging with what could well be his only failing, >>>>><?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Sant and sansaari never meet. The path of the sant is separate and at a higher level than that of a sansaari. Sants follow AkaalPurkhs calling and go about their business according to AkaalPurkhs wishes, they need not - and they do not – concern themselves what the public or sansaar thinks about them or their activities. The public is fickle and shallow; today you are flavour of the month tomorrow they will do the worst nindia of you – EH SANSAAR BEHKAAR.
I am surprised that so called intellectuals on forums cannot distinguish between kuchi-bani and Dharna.
Dharna never purports to be bani, it has never tried to be like bani, it does not try to deceive that it is bani. It is simple couplets for simple people of the pinds, where it started. If it has never tried to assimilate itself into bani , if it has never tried to pass itself off as bani then how can it be kachi-bani?
<o:p> </o:p>
Ranjit Singh has established a hospital and dispensary that is free to the public. Funny how nobody mentions this, but I am sure people will find criticism in this also. These things do not run themselves.
Sukhmani Sahib touches on many things at one point it sings the virtues of the pandit, at another of the bramgiani and at another the Sadhu. These are of specific persons honoured by AkaalPurkh and not praises about akaalPurkh Himself.
saaDh kee mahimaa barnai ka-un paraanee.
What mortal can speak of the Glorious Praises of the Holy?
naanak saaDh kee sobhaa parabh maahi samaanee. ||1||
O Nanak, the glory of the Holy people merges into God. ||1||
This is how much Guru Arjun Dev Ji praises the holy and the sangat of the holy. Ranjit Singh has nothing to apologise for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Gyaniji,

I think there is a line to be crossed which distinguishes between a man of god and a charlatan.

What I do not understand, is that if this man was a charlatan, surely he would make every effort NOT to draw attention to himself by doing the very things you have outlined.

To stand on a pedestal and raise yourself above the defined Gurus is an act of utter ego. But it is also an act that must be dealt with.

There are many sikh factions that like to think they are the true sikh way, a little tweak here, and adjustment there, ahhh that fits perfectly, take the nirankaris, etc.

What should we do, what can we do, easy nothing. What we should not do is malign these people, it only gives them more fuel, more publicity, and I do not see why I should waste valuable time and effort convincing people that following a man instead of the creator is not the path to enlightenment. There are fools that will will always follow the charm and personality of man rather than have strong but blind faith only for a god that you can feel in your heart, well good luck to them, it would be like trying to suggest being teetotal to a pub full of hard core drinkers.

With pride comes a fall, when the fall comes we must be there for all misguided brothers and sisters rather than saying 'i told you so'.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Breebji,

As well as peoples intentions are, what matters is what fuels these intentions. We all the know the story of Guruji with the paratha of the farmer in one hand and the poori of the rich businessman in the other, after squeezing, one had drops of blood, the other milk.

This is my last post on this subject, as I find sikhs arguing against sikhs very very saddening, but if Ranjit Singh is not able to project and act in a way that is in complete harmony with what the SGGS states, then we can only assume that these blasphemies are only the tip of the iceberg.

I find it saddening, personally speaking, I think Ranjit Singh is a pious and good soul, however I have extremely grave misgivings about the army of older and more savvy vultures standing behind him, influencing him and manipulating him.

Gyaniji is correct in that one who downplays ceremonies for the Guru, and virtually hijacks a recognised day, is not singing from the same song sheet as the rest of us, or is being made a puppet by those who do not share his potential ideals and goodness

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Harry ji

I think the question you ask can be addressed by understanding the psychology of a charlatan

What I do not understand, is that if this man was a charlatan, surely he would make every effort NOT to draw attention to himself by doing the very things you have outlined.

To stand on a pedestal and raise yourself above the defined Gurus is an act of utter ego. But it is also an act that must be dealt with.

You are getting close to it, in the second sentence, "utter ego." Ego is not only a dangerous narcotic. Ego is also the "addicted," the addict, the user of the narcotic itself. The interesting thing about this particular addiction is, the stronger addiction to the self gets, the better it is at executive control: organizing and regulating all the other vices, Ego maintains lust, greed, etc. at functional levels so that they work together like a finely tuned machine in service of haumei. For one whose ego is not so well organized, the instinctual vices take command and ultimately ruin the individual. Not so when ego is the master addict and the master addiction. Ego can ramp them up. tone them done, keep them beating, and you have a marvel of ego's engineering ability.

Ego is not only the drug and the drug addict. Ego is also like the drug dealer. Ego takes enough for himself, but never so much that he loses control of the ability to manage his followers' dependencies and addictions. They have to stay hooked; he has to manage that properly so they do not stray.

The seeds of destruction lie right there. At some point all drug dealers are no longer able to maintain that delicate balance. Someone steps in to take over. Sometimes violently. We see this in politics, religion, in history, worldwide, etc. Not limited to Sikhi.

I do not know if Ranjit Baba is all these things either. But it remains essential that we always ask these questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM