• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Range Rovers

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Right! this is the last one! I am never, ever, ever buying another old Range Rover, ok, well, certainly not another petrol one, currently the 4.6 V8 has either a cracked head, a blown gasket, or if I am really really lucky, just needs a new rad, either way the air suspension has failed, so driving it is like driving on a bouncy castle, yet, I hate it so much, but this morning, at 5am, on the way to work, I floored her, (I have 10 mins before she overheats), and it was well beautiful, I managed to hit 75 before I realised there was a pothole looming, and at that speed, with the suspension in the state it is in, I risked the whole car bouncing into a telegraph pole,

yesterday they drilled out the thermostat, which prolonged the overheating so now I get an hour before she overheats, today they are going to flush the rad, and if that is ok, and I can get a couple of hours, then she is staying, and I will order the suspension air bags from ebay £35!

I have only really had Range Rovers since being with Sian, due to the dogs initially, but also its a quirky car, full of personality, charm, I miss the car I had then, a 1989 500SE, indestructable, although the record for sheer indestructability goes to the 1995 750i V12, engine was bombproof, brilliant, trouble is neither had any personality, they were german, efficient, even when the 500SE had a hole in the engine, from which smoke bellowed, she did not complain, 'jah I have a hole in my engine, do not worry, I will drive as normal', rather than the Range Rover, 'holy f**k Im overheating, Im going to blow, everybody get out', I remember doing 150 in her on the A1, solid as a rock, at that speed you are doing a mile every 24 seconds, so someone pulls out a mile ahead at 60, and its brown trousers time, ahh youth, by all rights I should be dead, and not just once, 16 times, 16 times I have looked death in the face, and he has let me go, don't worry about it harry, with you there is always a next time, see you then, although it has been a long time since I have looked into his eyes, a long time.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: