• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Heritage Radio Pakistan Says Sikhs In India Are Forcibly Converted

Mar 26, 2006
ANI

Radio Pakistan says Sikhs in India are forcibly converted

most_viewed.html
Mon, Apr 6 08:00 PM
Abohar, April 6 (ANI): Facing criticism both internationally as also at home over the increased number of attacks against peaceful citizens, Radio Pakistan has been trying hard to project that India too is facing similar problems.
Through the recent broadcast of the Punjabi Durbar program, the programme has been heard trying to spread misinformation that Hindus are forcing members of minority communities to convert themselves in India.
Residents living in the border areas of Punjab, where Pakistan Radio has many listeners, are surprised at such allegations.
"This is a part of Pakistan's propaganda to create tension among people in India. The Hindus are neither forcing people of Muslim majority nor Sikhs to convert themselves. These allegations are being made to create tension and disturb the law and order situation. According to the Indian Constitution, every citizen has right to profess any religion. These allegations are not going to have any effect on the people here because everybody knows that this is Pakistan's propaganda to disturb peace in India", said Dr. Harbhajan Singh, a Sikh scholar.
"So far as my experiences are concerned in Punjab, people are very much concerned about each other. There is no discrimination in Punjab. I am staying in Punjab for the last sixteen years and in Abohar, for the last 13 years and I have not been forced to change my religion. Actually I am getting more support from other religions," said Jijoi, a Christian.
Broadcasters of the Radio Pakistan need to educate themselves about the provision of the Constitution of India which ensures freedom to every citizen of this country to practice his religion. The right to equality is also a fundamental right.
Perhaps the programmers are obsessed with the situation around them, where there is hostilitity among the Shias and Sunnis, the Punjabis, Baluchs and the Sindhis.(ANI)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajkhalsa ji

Dr. Harbhajan Singh ji makes a statement in the article above that rings true in principle. But IMHO this issue goes several layers deep. Recently the leaders of 30 countries met to discuss among other things the situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan. They were {censored}-cats as far as I am concerned. Much more articulate --- clear --- unmistakable messages need to be send about the COMPLETE lack of political direction from the center in Pakistan. Anything goes right now.

Mar 26, 2006
Pakistan's days are numbered ...it soon shall break into that many pieces as many tears have rolled down the cheek of a mother who has lost her son, a sister who has lost her brother, a wife who has lost her husband during all these years of terrorizing people all over the world.

Deleted: aad0002

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 3, 2008
sat sri akaal jio,

Pakistan is a failed state because since its history began its governments have been mostly military or the few "civilian" ones have been overthrown by the military. At the moment its people are in denial about how other countries are percieving them as a "People". They have this so-called radio pakistan broadcast this nonsense about sikhs etc in the vain hope that it will lead people to turn against their fellow countrymen or at the very least create suspicion. Divide and rule is a concept that is old as human history.The only cure for pakistan is for its own people to rise up and cleanse the extremists / jihadis / mad - mullah's AND get a proper border between afghanistan set up to deter the free movement of terrorists. There is one lesson us sikhs can learn from pakistans woes - DO NOT LET OUR RELIGION GET HIJACKED BY EXTREMIST ELEMENTS / SANTS / DERAS / CASTE because these serve only to fragment and divide.

Gur - Fateh Ji :wah:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhai ji

They are not going to do that - Pakistan's people will not rise up and cleanse extremists. There is an old saying in the Arab world. My friend's enemy is my enemy; My enemy's friend is my friend. It is hard to penetrate a networks of alliances built around a pure sense of revenge for historical injuries. Hence Pakistan would rather arm Talliban who are enemies of Al Quaida than open a dialog with India where both could isolate a common enemy and defeat it. The government of Pakistan is weakened by constant efforts to honor factions who are warring with one another in order to quiet the anger in the populace where are found the allies of all of these groups.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
India too is not that "secular State" really ?? The Sikh Porgroms, the Gujerat Porgroms, the Regular as clockword Riots...the 50 year old Naxalite rebellion in the NE. Being a "Democracy" saves the day..and beign bigger than pakistan also serves some benefit..but deep down there is a huge cesspool of Hindu extremists in India as well..wittness the Godhara blasts, Malegoan blasts..Hindu extremsits penetrated even Indian Army...Democracy ?? Half the elected legislators are Underworld figures/criminals....and the other half are Corrupt poloticians...ONLY a FEW BEDAAG..CLEAN people like Manmohan Singh who has no agenda to grind..... not a very promising picture...sad to say the Entire South Asian Sector is in a MESS.:}--}::}--}::}--}::}--}::}--}::}--}:

Jun 3, 2008
sat sri akaal jio,

i agree that india has its issues and is not as secular as it should be. The Bal Thackeray types and the spineless thugs of the shiv sena should be put in their place. Despite its problems there are more sparks of hope than those that ignite despair. One would hope that with an increase of education of the masses the Thick politicians will realise that they can not fool the public with empty firebrand speeches.

Education Education Education ! that is the key to broaden peoples minds and to eradicate the darkness of insular thought.This should include The Sikh masses who are as bad as everyone else when it comes to following like sheep every charasmatic politician and "sant" that comes their way.

bul chuk maaf!

sat sri akaal ji!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
sat sri akaal jio,

Pakistan is a failed state because since its history began its governments have been mostly military or the few "civilian" ones have been overthrown by the military. At the moment its people are in denial about how other countries are percieving them as a "People". They have this so-called radio pakistan broadcast this nonsense about sikhs etc in the vain hope that it will lead people to turn against their fellow countrymen or at the very least create suspicion. Divide and rule is a concept that is old as human history.The only cure for pakistan is for its own people to rise up and cleanse the extremists / jihadis / mad - mullah's AND get a proper border between afghanistan set up to deter the free movement of terrorists. There is one lesson us sikhs can learn from pakistans woes - DO NOT LET OUR RELIGION GET HIJACKED BY EXTREMIST ELEMENTS / SANTS / DERAS / CASTE because these serve only to fragment and divide.

Gur - Fateh Ji :wah:

The pakistani's are reaping what they sowed in 1947.Their leaders and people were least interested in keeping non muslim population in pakistan as a result the hindu,sikh population of pakistan deciline fron 15-20% to 2 %.Their people directly and indirectly supported extremist leaders

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
India too is not that "secular State" really ?? The Sikh Porgroms, the Gujerat Porgroms, the Regular as clockword Riots...the 50 year old Naxalite rebellion in the NE. Being a "Democracy" saves the day..and beign bigger than pakistan also serves some benefit..but deep down there is a huge cesspool of Hindu extremists in India as well..wittness the Godhara blasts, Malegoan blasts..Hindu extremsits penetrated even Indian Army...Democracy ?? Half the elected legislators are Underworld figures/criminals....and the other half are Corrupt poloticians...ONLY a FEW BEDAAG..CLEAN people like Manmohan Singh who has no agenda to grind..... not a very promising picture...sad to say the Entire South Asian Sector is in a MESS.:}--}::}--}::}--}::}--}::}--}::}--}:

Gyani ji please define secularism? because countries like France has invented a new concept of secularism that is not to allow people pracice their faith.We are seeing that in USA 2 sikh men are fighting their battle to keep their turban and beard in army.Is thi is secularism?

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
wo wo wo, so much negativities about pakistan..lol.. Not the Punjabi's i have seen. please don't look at one side of the story. At least you guys should know that now. I am not saying Pakistan is all Pure and it would never say anything against India, because clearly thats just wrong. But please lets not say the same for India, i can mention twice as many problems with India, than with Pakistan, but that wouldn't mean anything. What i am trying to say is, that both nations aren't what they should be. Our officials have made us hate each other, it is the Government of both nations that is corrupting the thoughs of citizens. One can argue that the Government in Pakistan is more corrupt and more bad things can happen in Pakistan, but still that doesn't mean nothing Bad happens in India. YOu know what i am trying to say.

Pakistan's Official religion is Islam, and 96% of the population is muslim.
India doesn't have an official religion but still has 80% population as Hindues.

There are more muslims in India than Hindu'es in Pakistan, because A HINDU would rather not go to a country with Official religion of Islam. same can go for a Muslim, but since the Official religion isn't Hinduism there are more muslims in India than Hindus in Pakistan.

same can be said for the Muslim's Converting Hindu's IN INDIA.........

there are about 120 million muslims and very few of them are desendents from Turks, Afghans, or Iranians who invaded India. The majority of them are converted Muslims. And converted how? By terror, coercion, force, bloodshed?. You answe it please............

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
wo wo wo, so much negativities about pakistan..lol.. Not the Punjabi's i have seen. please don't look at one side of the story. At least you guys should know that now. I am not saying Pakistan is all Pure and it would never say anything against India, because clearly thats just wrong. But please lets not say the same for India, i can mention twice as many problems with India, than with Pakistan, but that wouldn't mean anything. What i am trying to say is, that both nations aren't what they should be. Our officials have made us hate each other, it is the Government of both nations that is corrupting the thoughs of citizens. One can argue that the Government in Pakistan is more corrupt and more bad things can happen in Pakistan, but still that doesn't mean nothing Bad happens in India. YOu know what i am trying to say.

Pakistan's Official religion is Islam, and 96% of the population is muslim.
India doesn't have an official religion but still has 80% population as Hindues.

There are more muslims in India than Hindu'es in Pakistan, because A HINDU would rather not go to a country with Official religion of Islam. same can go for a Muslim, but since the Official religion isn't Hinduism there are more muslims in India than Hindus in Pakistan.

same can be said for the Muslim's Converting Hindu's IN INDIA.........

there are about 120 million muslims and very few of them are desendents from Turks, Afghans, or Iranians who invaded India. The majority of them are converted Muslims. And converted how? By terror, coercion, force, bloodshed?. You answe it please............

Friend,

Guru Fateh.

You have said it well. Islam is the official religion of Pakistan. Personally I think there should be no official religion of any country so all mankind can try to live in harmony whereever they are. Islam being the official religion of Pakistan makes it supress other minorities, hence even trying to live in harmony is not only difficult but impossible. The proof is in this thread.

And here is the latest news about more repression and terrorism against the Sikhs.

Armed men occupy Sikhs' homes in Pak's Aurakzai region

The Hindu News Update Service

Can you give us the exact numbers of Sikhs, Hindus, Christians, Jews and people from other religions in Pakistan?

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
Friend,

Guru Fateh.

You have said it well. Islam is the official religion of Pakistan. Personally I think there should be no official religion of any country so all mankind can try to live in harmony whereever they are. Islam being the official religion of Pakistan makes it supress other minorities, hence even trying of harmony can not happen. The proof is in this thread.

And here is the latest news about more repression and terrorism against the Sikhs.

Armed men occupy Sikhs' homes in Pak's Aurakzai region

The Hindu News Update Service

Can you give us the exact numbers of Sikhs, Hindus, Christians, Jews and people from other religions in Pakistan?

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh ji, I wouldn't nesseraly agree with you on that.

first let me give you a quote from Guru Nanak Dev ji,

"If there is one God, then there is only His way to attain Him, not another. One must follow that way and reject the other. Worship not him who is born only to die, but Him who is eternal and is contained in the whole universe."

Now Guru Nanak Dev saying that "only his way to attain him"
ONE RELIGION IS THE TRUTH

if a country chooses it official religion, than that doesn't mean that other religions are not free to be practiced. You can still practice Hinduism and Sikhism in Pakistan. The country chooses the official religion to be something when it is 100% sure that it is the TRUE RELIGION. for example, if Principle of school is to appoint a math teacher. and to see how he teaches, the principle asks him to teach the class for one day. If the teacher starts teaching 2 +2 = 5, the principle won't appoint him. BECAUSE THE PRINCIPLE IS 100% sure that 2+2=4. Just like that Pakistan is 100% sure that Islam is THE TRUE religion and it has made it official.

Sir, i am not saying what the Pakistani Army or police did was right, but i am saying that same is being done to muslims in India, you are just looking at one side of the coin.Indians forces have killed 1 million innocent Muslims in Kashmir. Hindu terrorists have also killed thousands of Muslims during the Gujrat Riots(ripping pregnant women open, throwing infants into fire, burning innocent Muslims to death). Kashmiri Muslims can't even fast in Ramadan. Now you are giving me one story i can give you hundreds but thats not the point, it is not the people who want to live like this, Both of the countries have corrupt governments which is creating problems.

Muslims: 173,000,000
Sunni Muslims: 75%
Shia Muslims: 20%
Hindus: 3,200,000
Christians: 2,800,000
Ahmadis: 1,000,000
Bahá'ís: 30,000
Sikhs: 20,000
Buddhists: 20,000
Zoroastrian/Parsis: 20,000
this is what i found..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Its not true.It is muslims that cannot tolerate the minorities.Hindu's and sikhs have no problem living in muslim majority area if they are allowed to freely practice their religion.It is muslims that always have problem with minorites

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
if a country chooses it official religion, than that doesn't mean that other religions are not free to be practiced. You can still practice Hinduism and Sikhism in Pakistan. The country chooses the official religion to be something when it is 100% sure that it is the TRUE RELIGION. for example, if Principle of school is to appoint a math teacher. and to see how he teaches, the principle asks him to teach the class for one day. If the teacher starts teaching 2 +2 = 5, the principle won't appoint him. BECAUSE THE PRINCIPLE IS 100% sure that 2+2=4. Just like that Pakistan is 100% sure that Islam is THE TRUE religion and it has made it official.

The point is not official religion.The point is whether the religion of majority allow minorites freely practice their religion.Many muslim countries don't even allow Non muslims to construct their place of worship

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
The point is not official religion.The point is whether the religion of majority allow minorites freely practice their religion.Many muslim countries don't even allow Non muslims to construct their place of worship

KDS1980 ji, thats why i gave you an example. i think you have Saudi Arabia in mind. let me repeat my example. If you are the Head Master of a school, and you are to appoint a teach, would you appoint a teacher that says 2+2=4 or the one that says 2+2=5? Of course you would want the guy who says 2+2=4 because you are so sure that it is right. Now the teacher who wants to believe that 2+2=5 can keep believing that in his heart, no one is going to ask him or bother him. You wouldn't allow him to teach the wrong thing to your children and your brothers because you are 100% sure that 2+2=4. YOUR beliefs are in your heart, you can be a hindu by living even in Saudi Arabia.

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
Its not true.It is muslims that cannot tolerate the minorities.Hindu's and sikhs have no problem living in muslim majority area if they are allowed to freely practice their religion.It is muslims that always have problem with minorites

the question can be answered using the same example. Muslim parents don't want their childeren to be learning 2+2= 5, because they are 100% sure it doesn't.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
KDS1980 ji, thats why i gave you an example. i think you have Saudi Arabia in mind. let me repeat my example. If you are the Head Master of a school, and you are to appoint a teach, would you appoint a teacher that says 2+2=4 or the one that says 2+2=5? Of course you would want the guy who says 2+2=4 because you are so sure that it is right. Now the teacher who wants to believe that 2+2=5 can keep believing that in his heart, no one is going to ask him or bother him. You wouldn't allow him to teach the wrong thing to your children and your brothers because you are 100% sure that 2+2=4. YOUR beliefs are in your heart, you can be a hindu by living even in Saudi Arabia.

Friend Ji
There is different between Mathematics and accuracy of religions, your analogy is quite funny though
:)

Mar 26, 2006
the fact is ..muslims cannot live peacefully with any community which is minority in their ruled states or countries. The best Muslims are those like Lebanon, Turkey, Kuwait, ubai where there is belly dancing and wine flowing. They are least bothered about what their neighbors do. The more religious a muslim is ..the more he is a threat to the world .

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
Friend Ji
There is different between Mathematics and accuracy of religions, your analogy is quite funny though:)

oops. The example, o i would agree that it is quite stupid:p. But it was just to make it simple. You wouldn't allow someone to teach your children, brothers and sister something wrong. Just like there is not Mosque in Vatican City, cause that place is strictly catholic. THEY THINK THAT CHRISTIANITY IS THE TRUTH, NO OTHER WORSHIP PLACE BESIDE CHURCH IS ALLOWED THERE. Sorry about the example if it didn't make sense:p

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM