• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Punjabi Singer KS Makhan Becomes Khalsa

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
JALANDHAR: Famous Punjab singer KS Makhan began a new innings of his life by becoming a true Sikh. For the purpose he took Khande Bate Da Amrit (process of baptizing). Influenced by massive gathering and religious fervor of thousands of Sikhs on the occasion at a Baisakhi programme at a religious place near Nakodar, KS Makhan expressed his desire to undergo baptism and Panj Payare fulfilled his desire. Among the current lot of famous Punjabi singers KS Makhan is the first one to undergo baptism to change his life. This is really a turnaround of life for the controversial singer KS Makhan, who remained linked with the haul of drug trafficking.
He promised the Sikh nation, from that day onwards "I will serve Khalsa panth till my last breath".

(Source: jagopunjabjagoindia.com/punjabi-singer-ks-makhan-becomes-khalsa-18873 ;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._S._Makhan)

Attachments

• KS_Makhan1.jpg
    KS_Makhan1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Reads: 695

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Let us wait & see if he not again TRIMMING the beard , if he does not then he is one more diamond for Sikhs after Rabbi Shergill
Well, I have more positive anticipations for him. Making the announcement in the presence of the Sangat itself, gives much credibility to him. Hope the youth take positive inferences from this.
And yes, Rabbi Shergill is one role model for those wishing to make their Sikh identity survive in the era of show business.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM