• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

(In Punjabi/ਪੰਜਾਬੀ) Punjabi Folk Pakistan

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Punjabi Folk Pakistan:1

LAHORE and AMRITSAR were the TWIN SONS of PUNJAB..divided/SEPARATED by DIRTY POLITICIANS.
I have a neighbour whose grandmother is a Lahorean...and her PUNJABI is unique...a bit different form the Punjabis from Lyallpur (now called Saiflabad ) and Rawalpindi areas.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Punjabi Folk Pakistan:1

These are more magnificent videos. I have to take a sabbatical so I can delve into them in seriousness. But playing them in the background is not enough for me. Thanks for posting though.

jnanavan

SPNer
Aug 21, 2010
BEUTIFUL! True panjabi folk music(unlike bhangra). I believe that "the partition" of
"India" is very misleading and please believe ghandi, jinah and the british did this on PURPOSE. It should be renamed THE PARTITION OF PANJAB!

It was Lahore and Amritsar that was split, not INDIA! PANJAB was broken in half then broken into quarters!

Here goes another beutiful song
YouTube - Sain zahoor Ahmed - Allah Hoo, Hy Sajnan Bajon Zaat Sifatan

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Please forgive me jnanavan ji,

Something drives me to do background research on musicians, especially those completely new to me. I loved this video and did not recognize sain ahoor Ahmed or his style of Sufi music. So looking it up I found interesting things. I found he did not cut his first record until 2006. Just a short few paragraphs from the WikiP.

Fascinating:

All his life, Saieen Zahoor has performed mainly in dargahs (Sufi tombs/shrines) and festivals, and in the streets. He adopted the folk instrument Ektara (ek= one, tar = string), in its three-stringed version called Tumbi, as his main instrument. Like some traditions of Sufi music, he has a passionate, high-energy style of singing, often dancing in a frenzied style with the tassels on his instrument whirling around him.[5] Dressed in embroidered (kurta), beads, tightly bound turban, as well as ghungroos (anklet-bells worn by dancers), Saieen Zahoor cuts an impressive figure. His voice has an earthy tone, almost cracking at the edges, but capable of a wide vocal and emotional range.

In 1989 he performed on a concert stage for the first time at the All Pakistan Music Conference,[3] which brought him into musical prominence. Subsequently he has emerged as a leading performer in Pakistan, frequently appearing on TV and in concerts. Zahoor has also given concerts in UK, Japan,[6] Ireland[7] and India.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sain_Zahoor

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
BEUTIFUL! True panjabi folk music(unlike bhangra). I believe that "the partition" of
"India" is very misleading and please believe ghandi, jinah and the british did this on PURPOSE. It should be renamed THE PARTITION OF PANJAB!

It was Lahore and Amritsar that was split, not INDIA! PANJAB was broken in half then broken into quarters!

Here goes another beutiful song
YouTube - Sain zahoor Ahmed - Allah Hoo, Hy Sajnan Bajon Zaat Sifatan
jnananvan ji I have this song playing in my car again and again for a while (Sain Zahoor). Can never get tired of listening. I believe I also posted it before but apologies if I am mistaken.

You are absolutely right about partition in 1947. Then our great leader Master Tara Singh :)disgustedmunda:) made it even smaller through Punjabi Suba. Destruction is virtually complete, almost through the rest that followed.

Punjabi culture apparently is not fairing very well either in Pakistan.

Heaven on earth has been destroyed through narrow vision and small minds.

May God save Punjab somehow.

Sat Sri Akal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Yes in the WEST we have the Taliban types blowing up even mosques and innocent muslims and in the EAST we have FAKE sants/Babas/Jathedars blowing up "MINDS" and destroying GENERATIONS of Sikhs/Punjabis...all this murder and mayhem going on in Hallowed Grounds of the Five Rivers that gave us the Sikh Gurus, Bhagts, Sufi Saints and poets like Waris Shah, lovers like Heer Ranjha, Sohni Mahinvaal, Sassi punnu, Mirza Sahiban etc etc...MY Beautiful PUNJAB is SINKING while the Five Rivers are running DRY...as the LOOTING going ON..Rabb rakha..May God/Allah/Waheguru/Bhagwaan help the PUNJAB !!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM