• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Legal Protect Your Places Of Worship (Download The US Government Guide)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I hope the image got your attention! This article is about serious stuff. The story behind the image is this. These are 4 Chiricahua Apache warriors from the jatha of the legendary Geronimo, the last Native American war chief to go down in defeat, a short time before he was captured by the US Army. Geronimo is second from the left. The image is now used in a humorous way on a popular poster that says "The First Homeland Security, Protecting the Homeland since 1492." The poster is a bit of a spoof on the official government office, but it makes the point. Protect your holy spaces and the people you love who worship with you. They did. :mundakhalsaflag:

US Government issues guide to security at houses of worship
By Prabh Singh

http://www.sikhsiyasat.net/2013/07/07/us-government-issues-guide-to-security-at-houses-of-worship/

DOWNLOAD GUIDE: How to assess safety and security at your place of worship
http://theresurgence.com/files/pdfs/SafetyinChurch.pdf

Wisconsin, United States (July 07, 2013): It is learnt that the US Department of Homeland Security recently issued a Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship. The guide references the 2012 shooting at the Oak Creek Sikh Gurdwara in Wisconsin.

The guide provides houses of worship with information regarding emergency operations planning for the spectrum of threats and hazards they may face. It discusses actions that may be taken before, during, and after an incident in order to reduce the impact on property and any loss of life and it encourages every house of worship to develop an Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).

According to inforamtion shared by World Sikh Council – America Region (WSC-AR): [t]he document covers the principles of emergency operations planning, a process for developing, implementing, and continually refining a house of worship’s EOP with community partners, a discussion of the form and function of a house of worship’s EOP, and a closer look that discusses house of worship emergency planning in the event of an active shooter situation

Attachments

• homelandsecurity.png
    homelandsecurity.png
    82.3 KB · Reads: 326
Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
The only problem Home Security is having is that no one shows up from different places of worship to take advantage of these wonderful benefits.

I would like all members who visit Gurdwaras to urge them to go to the meetings. Otherwise, volunteer yourself from your Gurdwara's behalf. These meetings are of utter importance in many ways.

1. You will have an interaction with the chiefs of the police directly.
2. You will get acquainted with the members of FBI and other departments with whom you can create a personal relationship.
3. You become part of the community outside the 4 walls of the Gurdwara with the law enforcement.

And many more things. Trust me, I am talking from my own experience with the law enforcement.

Participate in the community, please.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: