• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pro-Dasam Granth has won this Generation?

NOONDSH

SPNer
Dec 14, 2023
I will readily admit I have not read Dasam Granth, I honestly cannot even tell you THAT much about it but the purpose of this thread is not totalk about the contents or authenticity of Dasam Granth, but rather it is to reflect on the current state of its acceptance.

Whether you are Pro, Anti or somewhere in between it would be interesting to know the state of affairs in your community.
(To put it another way... regardless of weather you are pro Biden or pro Trump you must admit that Biden won!)

Sikh Reddit threads about the Dasam Granth have a majority of posters who are Pro Dasam Granth.
Basics of Sikhi is Pro Dasam Granth, and even some of their explanations about Japji Sahib demonstrate their speakers have a literalist take on hindu mythology
Youtube shorts are pro dasam granth
RamblingsOfASikh is a Sikh podcast that is VERY accepting of the word of the Pro_Dasam crowd
At many smaller gurdwaras in England we have Dasam Granth Akhand Paaths- I myself have been to a katha delivered in English to children which has taken a very literalist acceptance of Dasam Granth.

It seems inevitable to me with the propagation of new media Dasam Granth is gaining wide spread acceptance amongst the youth, but perhaps my observations are clouded by my living in the English speaking world.

What are your observations?

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
I will readily admit I have not read Dasam Granth, I honestly cannot even tell you THAT much about it but the purpose of this thread is not totalk about the contents or authenticity of Dasam Granth, but rather it is to reflect on the current state of its acceptance.

Whether you are Pro, Anti or somewhere in between it would be interesting to know the state of affairs in your community.
(To put it another way... regardless of weather you are pro Biden or pro Trump you must admit that Biden won!)

Sikh Reddit threads about the Dasam Granth have a majority of posters who are Pro Dasam Granth.
Basics of Sikhi is Pro Dasam Granth, and even some of their explanations about Japji Sahib demonstrate their speakers have a literalist take on hindu mythology
Youtube shorts are pro dasam granth
RamblingsOfASikh is a Sikh podcast that is VERY accepting of the word of the Pro_Dasam crowd
At many smaller gurdwaras in England we have Dasam Granth Akhand Paaths- I myself have been to a katha delivered in English to children which has taken a very literalist acceptance of Dasam Granth.

It seems inevitable to me with the propagation of new media Dasam Granth is gaining wide spread acceptance amongst the youth, but perhaps my observations are clouded by my living in the English speaking world.

What are your observations?
It was never an issue in Punjab, only issue ever was that some of the content might not be Guru sahib's (read the likes of prof. Sahib Singh, mehboob or other big scholars of Punjabi literature).

Therefore there was never rejection of whole of DG in Punjab, it's spreading to English speaking world as well.

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
You need to know there is lots of propaganda going on by Brahmins to push "bachittar natak" because it propagates sexual deviancy, drug consumption, polytheism etc etc. Many online sanatani (pro casteism) accounts masquerade as Sikh accounts on reddit, youtube, they are almost everywhere. Many pro sikh organizations also fall for this propaganda like you have mentioned above. And s far as these "kathwachaks" are concerned, many of these are sellouts IMHO and I do not expect much from them. Even here at SPN, there is a majority consensus that Dasam granth is a fake scripture. If you read it, you'll be blown out how much hinduism it promotes. Even I used to respect it blindly as I had never read it. Gurdarshan Singh Dhillon, Karminder Singh Dhillon are few sikh scholars who have exposed "Bachittar natak" if you want to know more.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
You need to know there is lots of propaganda going on by Brahmins to push "bachittar natak" because it propagates sexual deviancy, drug consumption, polytheism etc etc. Many online sanatani (pro casteism) accounts masquerade as Sikh accounts on reddit, youtube, they are almost everywhere. Many pro sikh organizations also fall for this propaganda like you have mentioned above. And s far as these "kathwachaks" are concerned, many of these are sellouts IMHO and I do not expect much from them. Even here at SPN, there is a majority consensus that Dasam granth is a fake scripture. If you read it, you'll be blown out how much hinduism it promotes. Even I used to respect it blindly as I had never read it. Gurdarshan Singh Dhillon, Karminder Singh Dhillon are few sikh scholars who have exposed "Bachittar natak" if you want to know more.
I respect Prof. Sahib Singh more than the ones you mentioned above.

Secondly, i can expose karminder Singh's claims like they were exposed in telegram group.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
@Admin ਕਿਉਕਿ ਇਹ ਦੋਨੋ ਹੀ ਕੁੱਝ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀਆ ਲਿਖਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਹੂ-ਬਹੂ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਪੁਰਾਣਾ ਅਤੇ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਨਕਲ ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ । ਏਥੋਂ ਤਕ ਵੀ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਇੱਕ ਇੱਕ ਅੱਖਰ ਹੂਬਹੂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ । ਜਦਕੀ, ਪੰਜਾਬ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿੰਦਿਆਂ ਇਸ ਚੀਜ਼ ਨੂੰ verify ਕਰਨਾ ਏਨਾ ਔਖਾ ਨਹੀਂ ।
ਹਿੰਦੂ ਪੁਰਾਣਾ ਅਤੇ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਾਂ ਦੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ/ ਹਿੰਦੀ ਉਤਾਰੇ 200-300 ਰੁਪਏ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਪ੍ਰਤੱਖ ਦਿਸਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਪੰਨਿਆ ਤੇ ਇਹ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕੇ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀਆ ਲਿਖਤਾਂ ਅੱਖਰ ਅੱਖਰ ਨਕਲ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ ਓਹ ਝੂਠ ਸਾਬਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਦੁੱਜੇ ਪਾਸੇ, ਪ੍ਰੋਫ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਿਹਨਾਂ ਆਪਣੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਉਮਰ ਸਿੱਖੀ literature ਲਿਖਣ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਬੋਧਨ ਕੀਤੀ, ਓਹਨਾ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਲਿਖਤ ਵਿਚ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੀ ਗੱਪ ਪੜ੍ਹਨ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਜਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਤੀਰ ਤੁੱਕਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਰਿਆ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਜਿਸਨੂੰ ਓਹ ਪ੍ਰਤੱਖ ਸਾਬਤ ਨਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੋਣ ।

ਇਸ ਲਈ, ਮੈ ਗੁਰਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ ਅਤੇ ਕਰਮਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਲੋ ਪ੍ਰੋਫ਼ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਦਾ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹਾਂ ।

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Dasam Granth
ਇਸਦਾ ਅਧਿਐਨ ਸੁਤੰਤਰ ਗਰੰਥ ਵੱਜੋੰ ਕਰੋਗੇ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਪਾਠਕ ਦੇ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਤੁਸੀੰ ਬਹੁਤ ਐੰਜਾੱਏ ਕਰੋਗੇ.ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਇਸਦੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝਣ ਵਿਚ ਮਦਦ ਮਿਲੇਗੀ.
ਇਸ ਗਰੰਥ ਨੂੰ ਪੜਨ ਵੇਲੇ ਦੋ ਗਲਤੀਆਂ ਕੀਤੀਆਂ ਜਾਂਦੀਆਂ
1.ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਭਾਈ ਵਿਆਖਿਆ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਲ ਰਖ ਲਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ.
2.ਆਧੁਨਿਕ ਨੈਤਿਕਤਾ ਨੂੰ ਦਿਮਾਗ ਉਪਰ ਬਿਠਾਅ ਲਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ.
ਮਿੱਥ ਨੂੰ ਸੱਚ ਜਾਂ ਝੂਠ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰੇਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀ ਰਖ ਸਕਦੇ.ਇਹ ਓਸ ਯੁੱਗ ਦੀ ਤਸਵੀਰ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਜਦ ਇਹ ਰਚੀ ਗਈ ਸੀ.
ਇਕ ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥੀ ਦੇ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਲਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਤੇ ਦਸਮ ਗਰੰਥ ਦੋਵੇੰ ਮਿੱਥਕ ਗਰੰਥ ਨੇ ਤੇ ਮੈੰ ਕੇਵਲ ਖੁਦ ਨੂੰ ਅਧਿਐਨਕਰਤਾ ਮੰਨਦਾ ਹਾਂ.ਸ਼ਰਧਾ ਜਾਂ ਵੈਰ ਰਖਣਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਕੰਮ ਨਹੀ.ਮੈੰ ਜੱਜ ਨਹੀ ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥੀ ਹਾਂ.
ਮੇਰੇ ਲਈ ਇਹ ਸੁਆਲ ਵੱਡਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਕਿ ਦਸਮ ਗਰੰਥ ਵਰਗੀ ਵੱਡੀ ਤੇ ਮਹਾਨ ਰਚਨਾ ਦਾ ਕਰਤਾ ਕੋਈ ਮਮੂਲੀ ਤੇ ਗੁਮਨਾਮ ਵਿਅਕਤੀ ਨਹੀ ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ.
Prof. Gursharanjit Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: