• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Prayers As You Bow

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Yes, another weird question for the noob. :D

So, I see people arrive at the darbar sahib... walk down that path toward the Guru (please, if that path has a name could someone please tell me? I keep referring to it as the 'runway', teehee)... fold their hands as if in prayer, kneel and bow, then refold their hands as if they are praying again, then retreat to their place on the floor.

Is there a prayer that people commonly say when they do this, in their mind? Because aside from general "thanks for bringing me here, thanks for this sangat, you are great" kind of stuff I don't really know what to "say" in my head, you know.

Odd question, but I'm new to this!

Thanks!

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
I don't think there is a specific prayer that is said.

Maybe pray for something good but not like the new $400 Gucci handbag you saw in the shop window last week and fell in love with! lol

Welfare of the panth, family, increasing understanding or peace are some suggestions off the top of my head. Generally though, I'm just glad to be there most of the times as the little bit of time I spend usually leaves me feeling relatively blissful, which is important when you live in the city and everything seems to be speeding around you. Its almost like a rest where you can unburden your load when you bow.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Ishna

Dalsingh has explained it very well.

It is human nature to ask for more , some thing better and when at such a place people think it as a obvious to aslk for their list of demands .

Because aside from general "thanks for bringing me here, thanks for this sangat, you are great" kind of stuff

If such kind of stuff goes in your mind when you bow to Guru then I think you are really blessed one, as these are not obvious for many people

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: