• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Pope Francis Admits Reveals Bible Metaphors - In Agreement With Sikhi!

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
So Pope Francis is in agreement with Sikhi now... on the issue of all souls ultimately reuniting with God... this is vastly different than the idea of 'heaven' or 'paradise' that Christians commonly believe in. Also he admits that the story of Adam / Eve is a fable and that a literal Hell where one suffers in fire for eternity is a metaphor for a 'lost soul'. If those lost souls ultimately end up reuniting with God... then is he indirectly alluding to reincarnation without actually coming straight out and saying it? Is he thinking more on a spiritual and metaphysical level than other Popes?

"Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

If the story of Adam / Eve is admitted to as being a fable, then one of the huge basis of Christianity on the viewpoint of women is now crushed... Christianity puts women into a definite subordinate position, because of the story of Eve being deceived by the serpent and eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And the supposed punishment by God for also deceiving Adam into eating the fruit as well, was to forever be in subordination to men.

The entire premise of Christian patriarchal society is based on this! Everything Paul Timothy etc say are based on Eve being the one deceived and therefore women were seen as from Satan, deceivers, and were not allowed to hold any authority over men.

Wonder how this statement by Francis will affect how women are seen in Christianity? He still considers women as unable to be ordained as stated in another recent article...

link:
http://entertainment.vacancynigerians.com/2013/12/shocking-there-is-no-hell-fire-adam-eve.html

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
) What is being attributed to Pope Francis?
Among other things, he is claimed to have said:
“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.
In a speech that shocked many, the Pope claimed “All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”

2) Where did the hoax come from?
It originally appeared on a blog called Diversity Chronicle.
The post that contains it apparently was written by the site’s creator, Erik Thorson.
Subsequently, the story has been recycled elsewhere on the Internet, such as in the “Entertainment” section of VacancyNigerians.com.

3) How do we know it’s a hoax?
Through several means. One is the fact that the piece itself claims Pope Francis was speaking at the conclusion of the Third Vatican Council:
For the last six months, Catholic cardinals, bishops and theologians have been deliberating in Vatican City, discussing the future of the church and redefining long-held Catholic doctrines and dogmas. The Third Vatican Council, is undoubtedly the largest and most important since the Second Vatican Council was concluded in 1962. Pope Francis convened the new council to “finally finish the work of the Second Vatican Council.” While some traditionalists and conservative reactionaries on the far right have decried these efforts, they have delighted progressives around the world.
The Third Vatican Council concluded today with Pope Francis announcing that Catholicism is now a “modern and reasonable religion, which has undergone evolutionary changes.
Of course, there has been no Third Vatican Council.
If there had been, it would have been all over the news for months, and every semi-informed Catholic would be aware of it.
Ecumenical councils are huge events in the life of the Church, and modern media and the Catholic Internet would have focused on it intensively.

4) How else do we know it’s a hoax?
The site which originated it contains a disclaimer, which states:
The original content on this blog is largely satirical.
“I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one’s opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us.” – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg.
It is in the spirit of the above quote that I write. Who am I you may ask? My name is Erik Thorson. I created this blog for my own personal amusement.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimm...hoax-5-things-to-know-and-share#ixzz2pIw2K0UK

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/dont-fall-for-this-pope-francis-hoax-5-things-to-know-and-share

Just another hoax. Some sites are posting that he said all religions are true. I knew something was up lollollol

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Funny how an article can make its rounds from a satire site to other sites... how do we know any news is real anymore??? really... lol so the Pope did not say this at all? or did he say something similar that was taken out of context? Was this a complete sham or only partly??

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Funny how an article can make its rounds from a satire site to other sites... how do we know any news is real anymore??? really... lol so the Pope did not say this at all? or did he say something similar that was taken out of context? Was this a complete sham or only partly??

I really have no idea all I saw was articles posting big news about the pope saying big things but they all ended up being hoaxes. Truly that article that you saw was written by an atheist. He twisted what the Pope said basically. The only site I really think shows what the Pope actually does and says is the Vatican site. You really can't trust outside sources haha.

The Pope has been a very different kind. But still different Pope same Church.

http://www.vatican.va/phome_fr.htm

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
This is NOT a hoax, it is a satirical article. It is not intended to deceive. We, with our own hopes, got careless and believed what we wanted to believe instead of checking the facts.

That said, this Pope does seem to be different. He has some good ideas and seems genuinely to care about the poor and disadvantaged. He has a sweet and innocent aura to him that I have rarely seen in a public figure (or privately, for that matter). Whatever he wishes to accomplish, he must tread cautiously. Another Pope with progressive ideas, Pope John Paul I, died after being Pope for only a month. No one knows for certain, but there has always been a lot of speculation about his sudden death.

The One has provided many ways for us to return from whence we came because it must be possible for everyone to move toward returning to our Creator. We need not have different faiths merging - indeed that would defeat the purpose of having different faiths in the first place - we need only to respect the various different belief systems and acknowledge that ultimately, we are all seeking the same goal.

Anyway, let us be clear that there is a big distinction between a hoax and satire and let us take responsibility for our own carelessness.

Nov 14, 2008
"Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

Balle balle !! Pope Singh ji :icecreammunda:

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
Some say this news about Pope is Hoax, however that post is very true to me.

Some people who read this:

"Revelation 21:1-27 - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

really think heaven exist.

I think it's a metaphore and means: That he realised something and the sea here is more used as an obstacle. And not that he liturly saw new heaven and earth.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Some say this news about Pope is Hoax, however that post is very true to me.

Some people who read this:

"Revelation 21:1-27 - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

really think heaven exist.

I think it's a metaphore and means: That he realised something and the sea here is more used as an obstacle. And not that he liturly saw new heaven and earth.

The Revelation is a very metaphorically laden book, subject to varied interpretations, though I don't think the Catholic Church or mainstream Christianity may subscribe to your simplified version. Almost every exegesis I have read paints Revelation as the actual account of the impending rapture, apocalypse and judgement.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
The answer of whether or not the Bible speaks in parables, is answered within the Bible itself!!

Jesus gives the answer Himself:

“And the disciples came, and said unto Him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto YOU to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but unto them it is NOT given.” Matt 13:10-11

“. . . but unto them it is NOT given.” Jesus spoke in parables the majority of the people could NOT understand!

Even Jesus’ own disciples had to have these parables explained to them. But He often did that by telling them - - another Parable! Why would Jesus do that?
Because God’s plan involves calling MANY, but choosing only a FEW – at least in this eon.
“(The) MANY (meaning – ALL) are called, but FEW are chosen.” Matt 22:14
Jesus said, “You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you.” John 15:16

The shocking truth is that Jesus hid the meaning of His teachings from the masses. The word Parable (Parabole in Greek: #3850 in Strong’s Concordance)
means a similitude or (symbolically) fictitious narrative that conveyed a moral truth. The word Proverb (Paroimia in Greek: #3942 in Strong’s Concordance) means essentially the same thing – a fictitious illustration.
But even the disciples often did not understand. Jesus taught His own disciples in private and told them:
“These things have I spoken unto you in PROVERBS: but the time comes when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you PLAINLY of the Father.” John 16:25

By Jesus’ own admission, He didn’t teach or speak to even His own apostles “plainly.” But He promised that the time would come when He would no longer speak in proverbs but would speak plainly.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Pope Francis is The False Prophet who will bring peace to the whole world and be much loved but is really a front for the Anti-Christ that is really the Devil misleading the world. And since I am a Sikh who rejects the atoning sacrifice of the Son of God, it really doesn't matter because I'm going to hell anyway, if I don't see the error of my ways and repent of my many sins.

I was informed of the above by a born-again Christian who has only the dispensation of my eternal soul in her heart filled with the love of Christ.

And also, I am an ungrateful scoffing you-know who is completely undeserving of the love of God. And so are you if you reject the sacrifice of the Christ.

I trust this will answer all your questions. Subject closed.

:kudifacepalm:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: