• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Please Keep The 100,000+ Departed, Plus Injured Haitian Souls In Your Prayers !

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
January 13, 2010
Quake death toll may top 100,000: Haitian PM

By CBC News - CANADA

Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive told CNN the death toll from the earthquake that rocked his country could be "well over 100,000."

Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive told CNN Wednesday the death toll from the earthquake that rocked his country could be "well over 100,000."

The 7.0-magnitude quake struck Tuesday afternoon, and has left Port-au-Prince, the capital city, in ruins.

No official casualty numbers have been released yet.

"Parliament has collapsed. The tax office has collapsed. Schools have collapsed. Hospitals have collapsed,'' he told the paper. "There are a lot of schools that have a lot of dead people in them.''

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Soul_Jyot ji

Thank you so much for this thread! I was teaching last night when the news came through to the US and much later I found out. This is so tragic. Haiti is the poorest and least developed country in the Western Hemisphere. The people of Haiti have endured oppressive and murderous leadership equal to that of Idi Amin in Uganda, for decades. They have endured government corruption, lack of educational opportunity, lack of infrastructure, lack of economic opportunity, incredibly high rates of STDs and HIV-Aids, natural disasters -- and now this.

Experts on the quake fault lines in the area have been predicting something like this -- even pinpointing the area that would be most affected for several years now. However, with so little in the way of development resources, the Haitian people have been sitting victims.

Yes - injured souls for 2 centuries or more.

My prayers for them. This is truly very sobering news.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM