• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

SciTech Planet With Four Suns Discovered

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Planet with four suns discovered

A planet with four suns has been identified by two "armchair astronomers".
The bright new world, just under 5,000 light years away, is believed to be six times the size of Earth.
It orbits one pair of stars and is in turn circled by a second pair. As a result, a total of four stars light up its skies.
A handful of planets are already known to orbit pairs of binary stars, but the new find is said to be unique.
"It's fascinating to try and imagine what it would be like to visit a planet with four suns in its sky, but this new world is confusing astronomers - it's not at all clear how it formed in such a busy environment," said Dr Chris Lintott, from Oxford University.
The planet was discovered by two US volunteers using the planethunters.org website operated by scientists including Dr Lintott. The website allows visitors to identify dips in the output of stars caused by their light being blocked by "transits" of orbiting stars.
Kian Jek, from San Francisco, and Robert Gagliano, from Cottonwood, Arizona, spotted the effect as the new planet passed in front of its suns.
A team of professional astronomers confirmed the find using the Keck telescopes on Mauna Kea, Hawaii. The planet has been named PH1 after the planethunters website.
Dr Arfon Smith, from Adler Planetarium in Chicago, another member of the planethunters team, said: "It's an amazing discovery, but what's even more exciting is that, with more data currently being added to planethunters.org for anyone to explore, we really don't know what our armchair astronomers will discover next."
Details of the discovery were presented at the Division for Planetary Sciences meeting in Reno, Nevada.

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/planet-four-suns-discovered-154014489.html

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
That's the coolest thing I have heard in ages! 4 suns, that is unreal! It's ought to give rise to interesting science-fiction ideas.

One thing I don't get: does the second pair revolve around the planet or the first pair?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Given Global Warming don't be surprised that in about 4.6 Billion Years (appx. present age of our Solar System), Iranian Nuclear weapons as well of others, that our Solar System will end up with all eight planets becoming Suns and the Sun becoming Earth lol.

So there you have it and I will be here when it happens to tell you that I was right mundahug

Regards.

PS: I conjecture that there are systems in the universe with many suns surrounding planets and vice versa (much more planets/suns all the way from 1 to a very large number ... may be not infinity). Is the universe circling around a God/creator or Allah, I don't know perhaps Jesus does. (Please no offense just joking or trying to joke icecreammunda)

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Four suns is pretty impressive.
No more nights, sunshine all the while, 24 hrs a day !
Just think cities would never sleep, they won't be no Las Vegas's, there wouldn't be any need for lightbulbs unless your a miner or exploring caves!
What would the owl do ?
How about the wolves and foxes ?.... the list is endless...

In all honesty, I actually look forward to my cosy bed at night when the sunlight stops and takes a break until the morning, it gives me a chance to have a break as well.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Iranian Nuclear weapons as well of others, that our Solar System will end up with all eight planets becoming Suns and the Sun becoming Earth lol.
Lol

Just think cities would never sleep
Except for NY and Toronto, they already don't sleep.

In all honesty, I actually look forward to my cosy bed at night when the sunlight stops and takes a break until the morning, it gives me a chance to have a break as well.
I don't know we might evolve to not sleep in those conditions. Day and night would not exist here. One might simply pick some time to have a break from the world, whenever it is convenient.

But apparently humans have evolved a biology that corresponds to day and night cycles. Night-shifts are not very healthy.

PS Whoever came up with the 24 hours/ day was a liar! We only have like 16, and 19 if you meditate. :grinningsingh:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Just think cities would never sleep, ......... the list is endless...

Luckysingh veer ji we always limit our imagination. Sikhi actually opens us up to toal learning.

I think if there were 4 suns that creation will adapt. We will probably become an Octopus with many limbs and only say a quarter would be busy at anytime. Forget the 3rd eye, I believe we will have 8 eyes that will timeshare and instantly switch according to the direction of maximum light. The possibility for evolution are endless if creator so chooses and creation so sustains thereof.

I like dreaming mundahug

Regards.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Just think cities would never sleep, they won't be no Las Vegas's, there wouldn't be any need for lightbulbs unless your a miner or exploring caves!
What would the owl do ?
How about the wolves and foxes ?.... the list is endless...

and what will the "Amrtivela" freaks do ?? to them 2am..3a...4.am..etc is the ONLY AV there can be...so they will be in total confusion...with Amrtivela 24/7 365 days..ha ha..

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
and what will the "Amrtivela" freaks do ?? to them 2am..3a...4.am..etc is the ONLY AV there can be...so they will be in total confusion...with Amrtivela 24/7 365 days..ha ha..

haha, 24 hours akj (jump) style naam jaap until the pagh fell off( i am reffering to the video) :Dlol

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iV5Wu6bYlns" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

Sorry I had to post this.. this is really funny.. damn i am stupid...

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I was into for Halo 1 and 2. I bought an Xbox to play Halo 2 (You can get Halo 2 for PC now, I believe), since I owned Halo on my PC (in both senses of the word 'own') and totally loved it. But after Halo 2 came out I bought Xbox, several months later Xbox 360 came out. I didn't buy it and I haven't touched Halo since. Not being able to continue the series turned me off to the game and microsoft's consoles. I wanted to buy the console but needed the money for other things. Also I wanted my family to spend more time together, so I got Wii, cheaper and friendlier. It worked ;)
Which Microsoft games are you a fan of?

(I assuming you are not a fan of Windows or Internet Explorer lol. If you are that's totally cool.)

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Lol they got rid of the blue screen I'll give em that much.

I wanted to play Fallout for the longest time, never got around to it. My friends talked about it quite a bit. Same with Max Payne. But it's one of those things I never did, just enjoyed others doing it and talking about it. Maybe I will play it sometime in the future, maybe not. But I still maintain it has the funniest trailer for any video game
E3 2008 - Fallout 3 Trailer - YouTube

I did play Microsoft's Age of Empires series, other than Halo. Did you know the 3rd one has Indians and Sikhs in it? Chrakram, he throws chakars. Then Empire Total War came out with the "Sikh Warrior" -.-
It's cool and everything but I mean c'mon.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM