• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Festivals Photo Essay: Faces Of Vaisakhi Parade, Surrey BC Special

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Photo essay: Faces of Vaisakhi parade, Surrey, BC Special

Surrey - On a sunny weekend day, East-Indian residents of Lower Mainland celebrated their Vaisakhi holiday that marks the birth of religious community known as khalsa. The Sikhs all over the world celebrate their harvest festival in these days.
The East-Indian community in Canada is the biggest in the region of Vancouver's Lower Mainland, including those of Surrey, Vancouver and Abbotsford. There were also residents coming from the US.

The photo-essay shows glimpses from the event and people who took part in it. There were estimated 150,000 people who showed up on the streets of Surrey to celebrate. The event started at the Gurdwara Sahib Dashmeh Darbar and went on a 5 km parade that took about 4 hours to complete. It was very well prepared logistically with free food and drink outlets

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/305992#ixzz1KgTCYjcx

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Reads: 376
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Reads: 272
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Reads: 396
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Reads: 395
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.1 KB · Reads: 405
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.1 KB · Reads: 383
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.6 KB · Reads: 393
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Reads: 370

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
One of the best things about a special day, Vaisakhi is no exception. One can sit back and enjoy the photos and videos a week, two weeks later, and say, Oh Yes! Look at that one. So wonderful! and Look at that one! It is great!

I am great surprised to see that there are Sikhs also living in Greece. How many ? I know Greece is a nice friendly country . Because its not far from The South of Serbia ( i am born in Central Serbia ) i have been in Greece several times but haven't ever seen any Sikh there. Really very great. I knew that in Greece there are living a lot of Indo- Europeans which came to South East Europe between 9th-11th century. In Spain , Italy , Bulgaria , Hungary, Romania and the territory of ex Yugosavia there are a lot of them. They talk the Romani language , which i havve never heard in India , it must be very old language and old tribes which have shifted on that time.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: