• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Perspectives

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
Wow, Khoji...that is really moving.

I dug up this poem from my e-mail, it is from a friend's daughter. Somehow your poem reminded me of this one.

Yesterday I saw God. I made a mistake. A stupid mistake. A bad mistake. God was in the form of my best friend, listening to my crying. God told me to not worry, that she'd be there with me. When I felt worthless, God told me she cared about me and loved me.

Last week I saw God. I had to fly to the other coast. God was in the form of an airline pilot. I took a long trip in the air with hundreds of other people. I'm afraid to fly. God made sure that had a smooth trip and we all landed safely.

Last month I saw God. I dropped a 20 dollar bill on the floor at the cashier's desk. God was in the form of a gentleman. God told me that I had dropped some money on the floor and it had fallen where I couldn't see it.

Last winter I saw God. My car got stuck in the snow. It couldn't move. God was in the form of three strong men that stopped whatever they were doing, and asked to help. God got covered in snow and pushed me out of the snowbank.

Last summer, I saw God. Me, my brother, and our friends went to the beach. My brother climbed up a rock wall, and fell off on to the rocks below. I saw God in his friend that screamed for the lifeguard. I saw God in the lifeguard with a cell phone to call emergency. I saw God in the paramedics with their equipment and their medicines and their ambulance. I saw in all the people that made it possible to have a hospital not far away. I saw God in the doctors and nurses that did surgery on him to fix his injuries. I saw God in the pharmacist that made sure he had the right medicine. I saw God in his therapist that helped him stay strong while his broken bones healed. And I saw God in his teachers that went easy on him because he wasn't healed by the time school started.

When Casey broke both of his legs, I thought God was not there. But then when he went back to college in his wheelchair I thought I saw God. When Casey came back home Thanksgiving walking again I know I saw God.

And then I realized that God is everywhere.

I see God in you, too. Because you make me smile.

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
wow
amazing.thx amerikaur ji
we see the existence of god in the lil miracles happening around us all the time..its just that we are too blind ..and dont realize
may guru bless us and gives us the intellect to identify and recognize Him all around us.
guru fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM