• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pargatiā Sabẖ Mėh Likẖiā ḏẖur Kā | ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Guru Arjan Dev composed several shabads in which he spoke of his son Hargobind, speaking of joy at his birth and praise and thanksgiving when Waheguru saved the child from fever. Guru ji also composed several shabads that speak of a son pining for his father. Yearning to be reunited with his father, and finding him. One must also read these shabads at another level: that of devotee who is grateful for spiritual renewal, a new life; and one who yearns to be joined, spiritually realized in the light of the Sat.

In this shabad, the opening metaphor comes with the birth of a child. The metaphor develops from images of a woman's pregnancy, to her joy at the delivery of a child who seeing light begins to make a connection with the father. Taken literally, however, the allusions to pregnancy and birth make no sense as you read on. Taken poetically, the child (you and I) are born into the sunlight, into the Pargatia.

Though very simple in its composition, the shabad is remarkable in how Guru Arjan Dev works verse by verse to develop an overarching metaphor of birth and growth, saying that finding the light of the Sat should be as much a natural process as pregnancy and delivery. This is your sanjog, he sings, your destiny, your birthright. Therefore, finding the sat should be a natural thing and not marked by struggle and anxiety. It should be as joyous as the birth of a child. The idea of spiritually bursting forth and reaching out is repeated in the image of a vine that roots itself, and that spills over into a life of dharma. Not cloaked in mystery and in pursuit of a hidden goal, but found in light. This Guru Arjan Dev says is a gift from Guru Nanak, who wants to lead us, carefree and joyous, from worry ecstasy and bliss.

Because nothing is secret or hidden about sanjog, about our rightful destiny in this shabad, a note on the raga is needed here. The raga is raag Aasaa. This raga is typically played just before daybreak when the pink and sliver and pale golden rays of the sun begin to creep over the landscape coating every surface of creation with light. Eventually these rays will penetrate everywhere. The same idea can be found in the shabad, as the sun filters gradually throughout nature at dawn, so does the jyote infuse itself gradually and naturally in the consciousness of every devotee. Just as the sun reaches out to everyone, the message of spiritual life is not meant for a few. Played in the wee hours, the raag Aasaa is a raga of hope because a new day is born, a new life springs forth, and there is no reason to dwell in despair.

The next post gives the translation of Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa. I follow each stanza with vocabulary keys to show, where possible, both the literal translation and the possible poetic translation. Sometimes I indicate where I think a better intended meaning should be taken. Therefore, the translation key may not always match the words used by Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa.

Attachments

• dawn.jpg
    dawn.jpg
    27 KB · Reads: 924

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This shabad appears on Ang 396. It is in raag Aasa by Guru Arjan Dev. The first translation is by Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa, MD. My personal translation and vichaar will follow. If you wish to interject your personal understanding, please do it with joy.

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Āsā mėhlā 5.
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ॥
Saṯgur sācẖai ḏī▫ā bẖej.
The True Guru has truly given a child.

ਸਾਚੈ = true
ਦੀਆ = has given
ਭੇਜਿ = child, but also means something of great value that has emerged, was born, came forth, delivered forth

ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ॥
Cẖir jīvan upji▫ā sanjog.
The long-lived one has been born to this destiny.

ਚਿਰੁ = a long time
ਜੀਵਨੁ = a life, can be a physical life, an enlivened being
ਉਪਜਿਆ = born, wells forth, springs forth, rises up, swells within
ਸੰਜੋਗਿ = joined, achieves a blessed union, achieves his destiny, often translated as destiny

ਉਦਰੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥
Uḏrai māhi ā▫e kī▫ā nivās.
He came to acquire a home in the womb,

ਉਦਰੈ = womb
ਮਾਹਿ = within
ਆਇ = go or come to be
ਕੀਆ = made, fashioned, completed ????
ਨਿਵਾਸੁ = abide, dwell, live, find a home

ਮਾਤਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਗਾਸੁ ॥੧॥
Māṯā kai man bahuṯ bigās. ||1||
and his mother's heart is so very glad. ||1||

ਕੈ = would have it that
ਮਨਿ = mind
ਬਹੁਤੁ = so much, so very, many, more, countless
ਬਿਗਾਸੁ = blossoms, blossoms forth

ਜੰਮਿਆ ਪੂਤੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਕਾ ॥
Jammi▫ā pūṯ bẖagaṯ govinḏ kā.
A son is born - a devotee of the Lord of the Universe.

ਜੰਮਿਆ = is born, increases
ਪੂਤੁ = son
ਗੋਵਿੰਦ = devotee
ਗੋਵਿੰਦ = seed, source of the universe
ਕਾ = even or only depending on use

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Pargati▫ā sabẖ mėh likẖi▫ā ḏẖur kā. Rahā▫o.
This pre-ordained destiny has been revealed to all. ||Pause||

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ = Light of the sun, enlightenment, revelation
ਸਭ = all, everyone
ਮਹਿ = within, inside, into
ਲਿਖਿਆ = written, inscribed, ordained as in "it is written"
ਧੁਰ = destiny

ਦਸੀ ਮਾਸੀ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਬਾਲਕ ਜਨਮੁ ਲੀਆ ॥
Ḏasī māsī hukam bālak janam lī▫ā.
In the tenth month, by the Lord's Order, the baby has been born.

ਬਾਲਕ = child
ਜਨਮੁ = life as lived
ਲੀਆ = meet, come upon, find, also obtain or receive

The significance of the 10th month -- it is the month that follows the moment of birth, it is the new beginning.

ਮਿਟਿਆ ਸੋਗੁ ਮਹਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਥੀਆ ॥
Miti▫ā sog mahā anand thī▫ā.
Sorrow is dispelled, and great joy has ensued.

ਮਿਟਿਆ = removed, dispelled
ਸੋਗੁ = mournfulness, sorrow
ਅਨੰਦੁ = bliss, ecstasy,
ਥੀਆ = become

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸਖੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਗਾਵੈ ॥
Gurbāṇī sakẖī anand gāvai.
The companions blissfully sing the songs of the Guru's Bani.

ਸਖੀ =friends, literally the women who assist the mother at childbirth, in this translation companions, but retaining the feminine sense of sisters and brides, spiritual companions taking hope from the shabad with you.
ਗਾਵੈ = sing of

ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥੨॥
Sācẖe sāhib kai man bẖāvai. ||2||
This is pleasing to the Lord Master. ||2||

ਸਾਚੇ =t rue
ਸਾਹਿਬ = master, ruler
ਕੈ = would have to be
ਮਨਿ = mind, heart
ਭਾਵੈ = pleases

ਵਧੀ ਵੇਲਿ ਬਹੁ ਪੀੜੀ ਚਾਲੀ ॥
vaḏẖī vel baho pīṛī cẖālī.
The vine has grown, and shall last for many generations.

ਵਧੀ= grown, and branching
ਵੇਲਿ =vine, vine that has taken root
ਬਹੁ = all sorts countless
ਪੀੜੀ =generations
ਚਾਲੀ =follow, walk on a path,

ਧਰਮ ਕਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਬਹਾਲੀ ॥
Ḏẖaram kalā har banḏẖ bahālī.
The Power of the Dharma has been firmly established by the Lord.

ਧਰਮ = dharma which is righteousness
ਕਲਾ=power, force
ਬੰਧਿ = bonds, ties
ਬਹਾਲੀ = seated pressed placed put

ਮਨ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਵਾਇਆ ॥
Man cẖinḏi▫ā saṯgurū ḏivā▫i▫ā.
That which my mind wishes for, the True Guru has granted.

ਚਿੰਦਿਆ = yearns or pines for
ਦਿਵਾਇਆ = bestowed
ਦਿਵਾਇਆ = given, bestowed, granted

ਭਏ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇਆ ॥੩॥
Bẖa▫e acẖinṯ ek liv lā▫i▫ā. ||3||
I have become carefree, and I fix my attention on the One Lord. ||3||

ਭਏ = become
ਅਚਿੰਤ = carefree
ਲਿਵ = lov
ਲਾਇਆ = absorbed, focused, united

ਜਿਉ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਹੁ ਮਾਣੁ ॥
Ji▫o bālak piṯā ūpar kare baho māṇ.
As the child places so much faith in his father,

ਜਿਉ = just as
ਬਾਲਕੁ = child
ਊਪਰਿ = upward, beyond, over
ਕਰੇ = created, found, placed, has given, perfected, is realized, blessed

ਬਹੁ = abundance, so many, so much
ਮਾਣੁ = honor, faith

ਬੁਲਾਇਆ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣਿ ॥
Bulā▫i▫ā bolai gur kai bẖāṇ.
I speak as it pleases the Guru to have me speak.

ਬੁਲਾਇਆ = summoned, called upon
ਬੋਲੈ = speak, chant
ਭਾਣ= pleases
ਕੈ would have it to be

ਗੁਝੀ ਛੰਨੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਬਾਤ ॥
Gujẖī cẖẖannī nāhī bāṯ.
This is not a hidden secret;

ਗੁਝੀ = proclaim (this not as if it were a)
ਛੰਨੀ = hidden
ਬਾਤ = mystery

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਕੀਨੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥੪॥੭॥੧੦੧॥
Gur Nānak ṯuṯẖā kīnī ḏāṯ. ||4||7||101||
Guru Nanak, greatly pleased, has bestowed this gift. ||4||7||101||

ਤੁਠਾ = pleased
ਕੀਨੀ = showered

Attachments

• FOR SHABAD.jpg
    FOR SHABAD.jpg
    14.1 KB · Reads: 2,306

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
My translation relies on the birth of Hargobind (The satgur sahcai dia bhej) in which the Satguru has bestowed the gift of a child to Guru Arjan Dev as an analogy for a different kind of gift, the gift of bliss.

Just as it is "hukam" ordained that we be touched by the kind of hope that is given by the sun at dawn, so "kai" Waheguru "would have it that" we realize our birthright, "sanjog." It is our destiny to find bliss, to be free of anxiety, to enjoy a blessed union with Waheguru.

Therefore, the Satguru has done more than give the gift of a child. The Satguru has delivered a new life as a midwife would deliver a baby.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ॥
Saṯgur sācẖai ḏī▫ā bẖej.
The Satguru has delivered a child, a precious gift.
Though the shabad speaks of the joyful birth of a child, the child whom we understand as a "gift" is a new awareness. Satugurji assists in this birth. Satguruji delivers the child.

ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ॥
Cẖir jīvan upji▫ā sanjog.
In birth, a child can enjoy his birthright forever.

Sanjog, translated often as destiny, is destiny in the sense of our natural birthright to enjoy a connection with Waheguru.

In the next 2 stanzas, Guru Arjan Dev sets up the metaphor explicity, very clearly. A child that finds a home in the mother's womb, brings great happiness to the mother. Once born, an infant turns all his attention to his mother. Once delivered into the light, likewise, the baby of this shabad turns all his attention to Waheguru.

ਉਦਰੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥
Uḏrai māhi ā▫e kī▫ā nivās.
At first the child came to find a home, to dwell, in his mother's womb.

ਮਾਤਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਗਾਸੁ ॥੧॥
Māṯā kai man bahuṯ bigās. ||1||
and his mother's heart is so very glad. ||1|| (no change)

Jammi▫ā pūṯ bẖagaṯ govinḏ kā.
Now delivered, this child turns to Gobind, who like the sun is the origin, the source of all creation.

The metaphor turns at this point to suggest that a precious new life has been delivered spiritually, and this child, becomes a devotee, a bhagat of Gobind, the source of all creation.

In the rehao line, Guru Arjan Dev says

Pargati▫ā sabẖ mėh likẖi▫ā ḏẖur kā. Rahā▫o.
Contemplate this truth. The rays of the sun, the light of creation, is already revealed to all of us.

Just as the sun shines on everyone naturally and freely, here I take Pargatia to mean that the light of the sun is enlightenment, is revealed to all of us, and has always shone on all of us. In the light of pargatia, like the light of the sun, we come in time to grow and to flourish. And, pargatia, just as the sun rises each day, is a constant light which causes us to flourish.

Ḏasī māsī hukam bālak janam lī▫ā.
When the 10th month begins, it is ordained, that life begins anew.

Miti▫ā sog mahā anand thī▫ā.
Sorrow is dispelled then, and great joy has ensued.

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸਖੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਗਾਵੈ ॥
Gurbāṇī sakẖī anand gāvai.

The brothers and sisters of the newborn sing of the bliss of the Guru's bani.

Literally the companions of the mother who deliver this child sing in bliss and joy. But poetically, the companions are the soul brides who are taken by joy and share the bliss to be found in Gurbani.

ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥੨॥
Sācẖe sāhib kai man bẖāvai. ||2||
This would have to please the heart and mind of Sache Sahib, Waheguru.

ਵਧੀ ਵੇਲਿ ਬਹੁ ਪੀੜੀ ਚਾਲੀ ॥
vaḏẖī vel baho pīṛī cẖālī.
Now that a new life of the heart has taken root, like a vine it will continue steadfast.

ਧਰਮ ਕਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਬਹਾਲੀ ॥
Ḏẖaram kalā har banḏẖ bahālī.
The power of dharma, of righteous living, binds firmly in place.

ਮਨ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਵਾਇਆ ॥
Man cẖinḏi▫ā saṯgurū ḏivā▫i▫ā.
The Satguru has bestowed on me that which my mind and heart yearned for (waited anxiously).

ਭਏ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇਆ ॥੩॥
Bẖa▫e acẖinṯ ek liv lā▫i▫ā. ||3||
Now I am carefree, and I lovingly fix my attention on the One creator.

ਜਿਉ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਹੁ ਮਾਣੁ ॥
Ji▫o bālak piṯā ūpar kare baho māṇ.
Just as a child entrusts so much faith in his father,

ਬੁਲਾਇਆ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣਿ ॥
Bulā▫i▫ā bolai gur kai bẖāṇ.
So I speak as the Guru would have me speak.

ਗੁਝੀ ਛੰਨੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਬਾਤ ॥
Gujẖī cẖẖannī nāhī bāṯ.
This is not hidden away in darkness like a mystery.

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਕੀਨੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥੪॥੭॥੧੦੧॥
Gur Nānak ṯuṯẖā kīnī ḏāṯ. ||4||7||101||
Guru Nanak was pleased to bestow this gift.

So my wrap up: It is said that Guru Arjan Dev and Mata Ghanja ji waited some years to conceive a child. And when Hargobind was born Guru Arjan Dev spoke of the child as a long awaited gift. It is also said that darshan did not come early to the Guru; he pined for vision of the Satguru. When his yearning was finally realized, he wrote Shabad Hazare. In this shabad, Guru Arjan Dev likens the waiting during gestation for the birth of a child to longing. Then the Satguru delivers the "child." The mother's heart is glad when her child is born; so our hearts are filled with bliss when we realize we have realized our sanjog, our birthright, blessed union with Waheguru.

Guru Arjan Dev tells us that there is no mystery to this. It is a natural process and like gestation and birth it is a gradual one. Just as the sun at dawn, when its rays are oblique, stretch to light every surface of creation, so the light increases with time. Just as the light of the sun has always been there to nourish us, so the Pargati like the sun has always been revealed and nourishes our souls. Just as a baby waits in the 10th month to be born, so we are at the threshold of darshan of Waheguru. Just as the companions of a mother giving birth are filled with joy at the time of delivery, so our companions in sangat sing of the anand, bliss, being soul brides of Waheguru. Sorrow and misery are dispelled and hope and joy take its place. The Satguru delivers what our hearts pine for. This is how we develop after spiritual birth and we are changed forever. Our new vision takes root like a branching vine, and with it we begin to live lives of righteousness. Just as a child turns complete trust to his parents, so we place our trust in Waheguru. Guru Arjan Dev repeats that this gift of deliverance was never withheld and the light is unconditionally our birthright. Guru Nanak was pleased to make this gift known through the shabad.

Attachments

• tofather.jpg
    tofather.jpg
    27.2 KB · Reads: 1,044
Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Good point artistotle ji.

Let's consider the 10th month the end of gestation and the threshold of a new beginning. The time of deliverance approaches. We can fine tune this. Some things are yet missing that I want to add.

In a daring moment, I may just give my free English translation of the shabad, without restraint.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Operative of life is
Good point artistotle ji.

Let's consider the 10th month the end of gestation and the threshold of a new beginning. The time of deliverance approaches. We can fine tune this. Some things are yet missing that I want to add.

In a daring moment, I may just give my free English translation of the shabad, without restraint.
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ Truth Preacher
ਸਾਚੈ Truth
ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ॥ was passed on.
ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ
ਚਿਰੁ from long past
ਜੀਵਨੁ lives ie re production when converged to origin or inception of life
ਉਪਜਿਆ in each reproductive new life it took form
ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ॥ and accompanied.

ਉਦਰੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਗਾਸੁ ॥੧॥ a metaphor statement

ਉਦਰੈ in womb
ਮਾਹਿ of mothers
ਆਇ it came
ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥ and was present.
Mother is in bliss ie mind state is in bliss with this thought awareness.

Birth of State of Mind with awareness of origins.

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ Available is TRUTH ie operative system
ਸਭ ਮਹਿ is in all
ਲਿਖਿਆ and scrib is written
ਧੁਰ ਕਾ from lives since inception
॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

There is Pause and Break to contemplate a completeness of thought.

Next step 2 is.

Like it is Nature order to give normal birth in 10th month
Like Wise it's obvious

Awareness brings extreme bliss. Like oh God was always with me since birth Vaho

Its not a matter of sorrow to keep baby in womb, so the step 1 as metaphor statement is clear.

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸਖੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਗਾਵੈ Body and Senses as Sakhi gets attuned to the awareness

ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥੨॥ Governance of TRUTH is liking by MIND.

There is Pause and Break to contemplate a completeness of thought.

Next step 3 is.

Creepers grow fast, seed of spiritual awareness has sprouted and it creeped fast into thought process now.
Get the desired fruit through this awareness.

Like who get accompanied with Gods awareness have got Gods Company, what else now.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

Rawel Singh

SPNer
Mar 12, 2013
Here is my interpretation of the Shabad.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ਉਦਰੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਗਾਸੁ ॥੧॥

Saṯgur sācẖai ḏī▫ā bẖej. Cẖir jīvan upji▫ā sanjog. Uḏrai māhi ā▫e kī▫ā nivās. Māṯā kai man bahuṯ bigās. ||1 ||

The Almighty, (saachai) the Eternal (satgur) true Guru (deea bh-ej) has sent – the child,

this (sanjog) association of (jeevan-u) life in the mother’s womb (upjia) has occurred after (chir-u) a long time;

and he (aa-e) came (keea nivaas) to abide (maah-i) in the mother’s (udrai) womb;

there was (bahut) much (bigaas) happiness (man) in the mind (kai) of (maata) the mother. 1.

ਜੰਮਿਆ ਪੂਤੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ਰਹਾਉ

Jammi▫ā pūṯ bẖagaṯ govinḏ kā. Pargati▫ā sabẖ mėh likẖi▫ā ḏẖur kā. Rahā▫o.

The (poot) son, (bhagat-u) a devotee of the Almighty, (govind) the Master of the universe (jammia) was born;

he (pragtia = appeared) is manifestation of (likhia) the writing (dhur ka) from above (meh) in (sabh) all i.e. every one knew that was in accordance with the will of the Creator. 1.

(Rahaau) dwell on this and reflect.

ਦਸੀ ਮਾਸੀ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਬਾਲਕ ਜਨਮੁ ਲੀਆ ਮਿਟਿਆ ਸੋਗੁ ਮਹਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਥੀਆ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸਖੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

Ḏasī māsī hukam bālak janam lī▫ā. Miti▫ā sog mahā anand thī▫ā. Gurbāṇī sakẖī anand gāvai. Sācẖe sāhib kai man bẖāvai. ||2 ||

(Hukam-i) with Divine command i.e. as per the law of nature, (baalak) the child (leea) took (janam) birth (dasi) in ten (maasi) months;

(sog) the sorrow - of not having a child – (mitia) ended and (anand) happiness (theea = happened) came;

(sakhi = companions) the congregation (gaavai) sings (gurbani) the guru’s compositions of (anand-u) joy,

this (bhaavai) is pleasing (man-i) tot he mind, i.e. at the pleasure, (kai) of (sahib) the Master. 2.

ਵਧੀ ਵੇਲਿ ਬਹੁ ਪੀੜੀ ਚਾਲੀ ਧਰਮ ਕਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਬਹਾਲੀ ਮਨ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਵਾਇਆ ਭਏ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

vaḏẖī vel baho pīṛī cẖālī. Ḏẖaram kalā har banḏẖ bahālī. Man cẖinḏi▫ā saṯgurū ḏivā▫i▫ā. Bẖa▫e acẖinṯ ek liv lā▫i▫ā. ||3||

(V-el = creeper) the family tree (vadhi = increased) has grown; (peerhi) the lineage of gurus (chaali) has advanced;

(har-i) the Almighty has (bandh-i bahaali = established) ensured (kalaa) the power of (dharam) law/religion i.e. continuation of gurus.

(Satguru – true guru) the Almighty has (divaaia = given) granted what I (chindia) wished in (man) the mind;

I have (bha-e) become (achint) worri-less as a result of having (liv laaia) focused on, i.e. having faith in (ek) the One Almighty. 3.

ਜਿਉ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਹੁ ਮਾਣੁ ਬੁਲਾਇਆ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣਿ ਗੁਝੀ ਛੰਨੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਬਾਤ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਕੀਨੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥੪॥੭॥੧੦੧॥

Ji▫o bālak piṯā ūpar kare baho māṇ. Bulā▫i▫ā bolai gur kai bẖāṇ.

Gujẖī cẖẖannī nāhī bāṯ. Gur Nānak ṯuṯẖā kīnī ḏāṯ. ||4||7||101||

(Jio) the way (baalak) a child (kar-e = does) has (bahu) great (maan) pride (oopar-i) on his/her (pita) father,

similarly a Sikh has pride in the guru and (bolai) says as (bulaaia) motivated to say according the guru’s (bhaan-i = will) teachings i.e. I say this because Guru Nanak willed this lineage to continue.

This (baat = talk) thing is not (gujhi chhani = hidden) a secret;

Guru Nanak has been (tuttha) pleased (keeni = made) to give this (daaat-i = benediction) blessing. 4. 7. 101

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: