• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Paghs For The Hearing Impaired

seekingsikhi

Writer
SPNer
Sep 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Sangat ji,
I would like to start wearing a pagh, but I have trouble hearing and am worried a pagh that covers my ears will make that problem worse. Is there a specific type that I can tie that will allow me ears to stay exposed?

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
Sangat ji,
I would like to start wearing a pagh, but I have trouble hearing and am worried a pagh that covers my ears will make that problem worse. Is there a specific type that I can tie that will allow me ears to stay exposed?

Certain styles of dumalla could be adapted to keep ears exposed. Or you could go for a simple parna (plus it's quick and easy to tie as well).

[AoG]

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sangat ji,

Guru Fateh ji,

Welcome to SPN. I love your name because if one ponders on your name, one sees it perfectly in sync with what Sikhi is all about.

As far as Pagh style is concerned for your hearing aid, I do not think it matters. It only matters what style you fancy because of the advancement of the technology, one has a vast choice. The round pagh is a good one which Aman ji has posted. My son wears the same kind. One can also wear the one with the ears covered as today's technology allows us because we do not need to mess with the hearing device unlike the old bulky ones of yesteryears.

Good luck!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM