• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Orange

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
I am shopping for cloth for turbans. Is orange only for the Khalsa? Or can it be worn by any Sikh as a "favorite color". :)

Also if I get a 3 inch kirpan, how do I wear it? :mundabhangra:

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Any color goes ji... Personally I like blue, grey, maroon, white and brown ones. Orange looks great on people with fair complexion, imho.

I thought of putting some picture here so that you could see how to wear it! but then stayed off due to any copyright violation etc, or just to avoid someone's personal pic up here! I am sure, googling on picture should show you the way :)

Enjoy the journey jio

With Regards,
Arvind.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Thank you. :mundabhangra:

Any color goes ji... Personally I like blue, grey, maroon, white and brown ones. Orange looks great on people with fair complexion, imho.

I thought of putting some picture here so that you could see how to wear it! but then stayed off due to any copyright violation etc, or just to avoid someone's personal pic up here! I am sure, googling on picture should show you the way :)

Enjoy the journey jio

With Regards,
Arvind.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I can't wait for the day I can wear a pink one I need to learn how to tie the round style that women wear first though.... then comes the PINK my favourite colour (would match bout 90% of my wardrobe as I wear a LOT of pink) Did I mention I love pink?? LOL

To the OP I have seen others wear orange... It looks sharp! I love it! It offsets a dark suit for example and gives a bit of flare... I think Sikh guys who wear turbans have it good that way... you can spruce up a boring suit by colour coordinating your turban (and using a contrasting but complimentary colour). They end up really standing out and are handsome and look distinguished IMHO. And I agree Orange looks great on fair complexion too! Another local white Sikh here (who happens to be Amritdhari as well) he wears orange sometimes I have seen in pics, and it looks great!

Enjoy the journey jio

With Regards,
Arvind.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
I have only in the last couple of years fallen in love with the color orange. I used to be the type who wore earth tone colors...nothing bright because it made me feel like I stood out too much. I bought an orange shirt this summer and I want more orange.

Orange feels very vibrant. Its a joyful color. Not sure how else to express the energy I feel when I'm around orange. :sippingcoffee:

:singhbhangra::singhbhangra::singhbhangra:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: