• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Open Affection To One's Spouse. Is It OK?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
26d1212856652-ok-show-ones-affection-towards-spouse-balle-balle-.jpg

Thread re-opened for forum member Singhbj ji

Singhbj ji

I know that you have tried to start this thread and encountered technical problems. So I restarted it thread for you. Please put your original comments in reply to this window so readers will know what you had to say. ;)

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
I found this pic on net which is thought provoking.

Is it ok to show affection to one's spouse in the open ?

file.php

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
WHY NOT ?

A Sikh is not a "concealed" type....thats why Guru Gobind Singh ji made us..Sava lakh se ek larraoon..visible among Millions...
We keep the Original "image" of Waheguru our creator...and we are to show our Love for the Creator by Living it..Gurmukh Living...
A Sikh is not a closed mind....not a double speak ( something in private and another in public !!)..
A Sikhs life is an OPEN PAGE...nothing to hide and sans fear..
It was GURU AMARDASS JI who first BANNED ALL VEILS/PARDAHS in PUBLIC - those were 13th century "Social Clamps/fetters"..many such "fetters in name of samaaj/social behaviour/norms etc " exist even today.
An interesting incident to illustrate... i was a teenager among a large group of Mlaysian Sangat at the KL Airport awaiting the arrival of SANT FATEH SINGH President of the Sharomani Akali Dal from Punjab....just as the sant and his entourage appeared and the sangat surged forward...a white couple passed by ( doing what the sikh couple in the photo are doing and more !!)...more than 3/4 of the Sangat turned around to look at the white mem.....and ignored the Sant Ji...until the couple ahd moved quite far away...)
My point is "hiding" our emotions in the name of civil society/samaaj/social norms/blah blah blah while actually the inner desires are "nakedly gallopping right underneath and just waiting for a chance to jump out...is NOT SIKHI..its COUNTERFUGE/DUPLICITY/FRAUD..of the worst kind and not befitting sikhi/gurbani at all.

Gyani jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
God has influenced them or the Dasam Granth?

All jios, and Bablir Sing ji

This thread is in the "Lifestyle" forum of SPN -- so it is not necessary to introduce the Dasam Granth debate. Sometimes light conversation is permitted.

Antonia D. D'Onofrio
aad0002

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Aw! Smile a little Balbirji -- but standing on one leg like a tapini was a good one.

Antonia A. D'Onofrio
aad0002

P/S i won't bother you any more on this point.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
SMILE...thats a good one aad jio. As they say Smile and the world smiles with you..cry and you cry alone ??
Sikhi is full of smiles....and so should we...if we claim to be sikhs
Aman Singh ji is right.. so much negativity all around us....SIKHI is POSITIVE.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
ਜਹ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੇ ਸਿਵ ਸਕਤੀ ਕਾ ਮੇਲੁ ॥
जह देखा तह रवि रहे सिव सकती का मेलु ॥
Jah daykhaa tah ravi rahay siv saktee kaa maylu. SGGS 21

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM