• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kirtan One Who Calls Himself A Sikh Of The Guru

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
One Who Calls Himself A Sikh of The Guru

YouTube - One Who Calls Himself A Sikh of The Guru, The True Guru

"Gur Satgur Ka Jo Sikh Akhaaye" sung by Bhai Harjinder Singh SriNagarWale. This Subtitled Kirtan Video is a Shabad by Guru Ram Das Ji on Ang 305 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins and negativity shall be erased.

At Sun-rise, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting or standing, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

One who meditates on my Lord with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is merciful - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it.

Naam

SPNer
Oct 15, 2010
very nice ... just one thing lets not get "gurbani singing" at sun rise mistaken ...for singing with instruments baja and tabla, this is still gurmanter sing , but the word sing is used because of the worldly noise that is created , we sing out loader so that we hear, and those "gavo sono " ...gavie sonie .

Bmandur

SPNer
May 15, 2008
Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6RWnvjozY

"Gur Satgur Ka Jo Sikh Akhaaye" sung by Bhai Harjinder Singh SriNagarWale. This Subtitled Kirtan Video is a Shabad by Guru Ram Das Ji on Ang 305 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj:

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins and negativity shall be erased.

At Sun-rise, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting or standing, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

One who meditates on my Lord with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is merciful - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it.[/QUOTE]

Veer Jeo Waheguru daa shukar hai jo aap jesey veer Shabad de naal joriya
Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bmandur ji and Naam ji

Thanks for carrying the message forward and building on the starting point of this thread. Why don't we have more threads like this where giving praise is done without any reservation?

Bmandur

SPNer
May 15, 2008
Canada
Bmandur ji and Naam ji

Thanks for carrying the message forward and building on the starting point of this thread. Why don't we have more threads like this where giving praise is done without any reservation?
Gurfateh Veer jeo,

Thanks help me out with new thread on Sikh Womens In Sikh Ethihaas.
I tried but some how it doesn't go through.
Gurfateh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bmandur Kaur ji

Can you send me a private message and tell me what is happening when you try to post it.

But before you do that I am putting a link here where you try again. Click on the button that says New Thread. It is just below the link for World War 2.

Here is the link, look for New Thread, then click on that, and post in the response pane.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/history-of-sikhism/

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: