• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Official: Mortar Fire From Syria Kills At Least 3 In Turkey

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Source: World News on NBCNews.com By NBC News staff and wire reports

AKCAKALE, Turkey – At least three people, including a child, were killed and nine others seriously wounded after mortar fire from Syria hit a town in Turkey Wednesday, an official told Turkish media.
A Reuters witness saw at least eight seriously wounded people being taken to hospital, three of them police officers, after explosions in the town of Akcakale in Sanliurfa province.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu briefed United Nations mediator on Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, about the incident by telephone, the Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Television footage showed a cloud of smoke and dust rising up as residents ran to help the wounded.
"It landed in the middle of a residential area and it hit a house. Three people died, we learned from the hospital," Mayor Abdulhakim Ayhan told CNN Turk television. "The people who were living in the house died, including one woman and child."
(read more...)

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
The Prophet said: “The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.” [Muslim]

The Quran says: "To kill one innocent man or woman is to kill all of humanity; to save one human is to save all of humanity." (Quran 5:32)

This violence is against Islam in many ways. The above makes this clear.

I will categorize this violence as a civil war and state that it also goes against the rules of war in Islam:

Abu Bakr (the First Caliph) gave these rules to an army he was sending to battle:

"Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path.
"You must not mutilate dead bodies.
"Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man.
"Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful.
"Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food.
"You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone"

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

GURU GRANTNTH SAHIB JI divide all humanity in two sects one is MANMUKH AND ANOTHER IS GURMUKH WE SHOULD ANAYLISE OURSELVES IN WHICH CATEGORY WE FALL

Sukhdev ji

I make affirmations on index cards to remind me and help center me. May I make an affirmation card for myself quoting what you said? Thank you!

Nam Jiwan:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM