• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

USA NYPD Releases Video Of Suspects In Attack On Sikh Columbia Prof Prabhjot Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NYPD Releases Video of Suspects in Attack on Sikh Columbia Professor Dr. Prabhjot Singh
NYPD Releases Video of Suspects in Attack on Sikh Columbia Professor Professor Prabhjot Singh

See video

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2013/09/nypd_releases_v_1.php

By Anna Merlan Tue

We told you yesterday about Columbia University professor Dr. Prabhjot Singh, who was attacked and beaten by a large group of young men as he walked near 110th Street and Lennox Avenue in Harlem. Singh was unable to remember much about his attackers, except that they were mostly African-American, and many of them were on bikes. Now, the NYPD is seeking the public's help in identifying the suspects, and has released a surveillance video of them, taken near the northeastern corner of Central Park.

The video shows what appear to be 19 or 20 teenage boys coming out of the park on bicycles before pausing in a traffic circle. It's grainy and difficult to see much. But if you do happen to recognize someone, call the cops. The Crime Stoppers number is 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). Tips can also be submitted at the Crime Stoppers website, or by texting tips 274637 (CRIMES), then entering TIP577. All calls are confidential.

The New York City Police Department is seeking the public's assistance in identifying and locating the following 12 to 15 suspects wanted for questioning in regards to an assault in the confines of the 28th Precinct. Details are as follows: On Saturday, September 21, 2013 at approximately 2015 hours the victim (M/A/31) was walking westbound on West 110th Street near Lenox Avenue when he heard an unidentified male make an anti-Muslim statement about him. Several males between the ages of approximately 15 and 20 years old then approached the victim on bicycles; one suspect approached the victim from behind and pulled him by his beard. As the group began to flee on their bicycles westbound on West 110th Street, the victim was struck several times as the suspects rode past. The victim began to run west on West 110th Street and was then punched and kicked about the body and face about six times by the suspects. An unidentified Good Samaritan then came to the victim's aid. The victim was treated and released from Mount Sinai Hospital for injuries to his face.

The incident is under investigation as a possible bias incident by the NYPD's Hate Crime Task Force.

A video is attached and available at DCPI.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at

WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.

Attachments

• singh_suspects.jpg
    singh_suspects.jpg
    22.2 KB · Reads: 261

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Now you know that is not how it went down Little Prem ji ! Across this nation, and others too, there are people young and old, who are consumed so completely by anger that they forget what they are angry about. They are maddened by it and find their targets anywhere.

That is why krod is an evil. It destroys not only the target but also the person whose anger is out of control. The face of the world no longer looks as it is to the hater, and the hater has the face of hate. New York City has much that is wonderful in it, including Dr. Prabhjot, who lives there ! Dr. Prabhjot himself is on the front-lines of healing hatred. We should also do that.

LittlePrem

SPNer
May 1, 2013
New York, N.Y
Oh I know you're right, Spnadmin Ji. I'm just ashamed because it happened here. I was born and raised here, and I like to believe that NYC is a diverse and safe place in terms of race and religion. I suppose that hate and ignorance can happen anywhere, and that's just the sad reality:( And yes, I'm all for doing something about it i.e healing hatred.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM