• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nice To Be Home Again!

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Guru Fateh to all.

10 days ago exactly this day, my wonderful doctors sent me home after multiple back and forth trips. It has been a journey for the past few years which had some memorable moments with a lot of heart ache- literally speaking.

My first outing in a social environment was when I went to Futebol match between Brasil and Mexico. I watched the first one from the hospital bed. I consider myself the blessed Sikh because I bounce back pretty quickly from all these pilgrimages till the next emergency which one never knows is going to occur.

My sisters and brothers in arms, you have no idea how much I missed this home. I want to thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and I am sure some of you must have felt a bit disappointed with me for the absence. You have every reason to do that. Please accept my heart felt apologies for this and I hope you will forgive me for the disappearance.

Enough about ‘Meism’.

All of us know that we have lost The Anchor of this ship in not too distant past and it is devastating for all of us. One can write pages and pages about Narayanjot/Antonia and not even her one gesture towards each of us would have enough ink and pages.

I know I dislike one liners from Gurbani to express our point but I cannot resist for this single time. Please forgive me for that.

As we are all torch bearers of Ik Ong Kaar and his/hers/its manifestation shines through our gestures and deeds. Narayanjot was the prime example of this manifestation.

Her dedication, love, caring and many other countless adjectives remind me of this verse from Japji:

ਕਾਗਦਿ ਕਲਮ ਨ ਲਿਖਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
Kāgaḏ kalam na likẖaṇhār.
No paper, no pen, no scribe
ਮੰਨੇ ਕਾ ਬਹਿ ਕਰਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
Manne kā bahi karan vīcẖār.
can record the state of the faithful.

The above explains our departed and always ever present in our memory, thoughts, gestures and deeds, Sister Narayanjot Kaur.

And you know the most interesting part? She was the best friend of all of us.

She gave special attention to each individual whom she came in contact with, most of us faceless. I know you all have personal stories to share about her. I do too. I also know many have expressed those feelings.

I have a suggestion to make. Let’s leave a page open on SPN where we can write random thoughts about our Sister/Friend/ the shoulder to lean on/a great listener Narayanjot Kaur because they will circle in our minds again and again.

It is the only way to celebrate her and keep her ever presence on SPN, the sight she gave her Heart, Soul, Munn and every ounce of Energy that she did not even think she had to keep on watering this Sikhi Tree which was a mere seedling in 2004 called SPN.

As this wonderful Boat is without the Anchor, let’s all become little anchors so that we can keep this Boat at an even keel. I intend to play my part in that and I am sure all of you are too.

Let the game of Love begin!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM