• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News New Gurdwaras And Under Construction

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Sat sri akal ji to all!!
Please post of any traditional Gurdwaras worth visiting over the world and any under contruction.

Name: Sri Guru Singh Sabha
Address and Phone: Havelock Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4NP, United Kingdom, 020 8574 8901
Info: Cost £17.m to built. See picture attached.

Name: Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara
Address and Phone: Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara, Clarence Place, Gravesend, Kent, England, 01474) 534121 / 350611
Info: http://www.novapeer.co.uk/gravesend/new_gurdwara.html , http://www.novapeer.co.uk/

Name: Guru Nanak Satsang Sabha [Karamsar]
Address and Phone: High Road, Ilford, Essex, UK
Info: This Gurdwara will be made traditionally and have domes and stonework. Do not know much about it BUT it is a bus ride from me so I will inform all when it opens. http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/news.nsf/0/9FEBD7B160D9A3C387256D8A0064DDCE?OpenDocument

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Karamsar is complelted and started to function since yesterday.Visit Karamsar.co.uk. It is from Rara Sahib Sants.
Veer ji,
Sorry for my ignorance. Is Karamsar related with Nanaksar in any way?
Regards.

Jul 13, 2004
UK
The Gurdwara that is a bus ride from me is AMAZING... it opens in a month and it is being made entirely from a maroon stone... it is BEAUTIFUL so far... can't wait to see it when it opens.
Vijaydeep - The Gurdwara you speak of that has just been done in India is being made by the same group that are building the one near me!

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Karamsar are from Rara Sahib Taksal.Visit rarasahib.com for that.

Nanaksar has many things in commen with Karamsar but this order is an offshoot of Nirmalas by Baba Nand Singh Ji.Das may not agree to the views of latter but still respect them a lot(They worship or say rever pictures of Guru or Sant whcih das may not like yet that can be tolrated as a way for new leraners.)

Coming back to former Karamsar they are from the time of Guru Ji.And from Bhai Daya Singh Ji onwards.They are expert in preaching Atam Marg(Sant Ishar Singh Ji).

Das is repeating that Taksalis,Nirmalas,Sevpanthis or Udasis are not the sects but special gruops of main stream Panth.Like in Gurudwara we have Langri(cook),Kath Kar(who explains Gurmat),Ragi(singers) etc. all having differnt work and diffenrt code other then commen minmum code.

Das can say that if Nanaksar are giving more empetous to devotion.Karamsar also give more on Name's of Gods Jap(reciting) and seva service.Both should be respected till they respect the views of other Sikhs who are not from them and most of them do respect.

Carmel Brother if you want just try to meet Baba Ji over there but it will be bit difficult to leanr meditaion from Them as they do not part easyly unlike Baba Virsa Singh(Gobind Sadan) or Yogi Bhajan(3ho) but Das can say that meditation toght by Rara Sahib or Karamsar people is 101 times more usefull then other two people told who are more famous in west ie yogi Bhajan or Baba Virsa Singh Ji.

Good Luck.
(if you want detail you can contact Das on personal message).

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Vijaydeep then I have got it wrong... this is one of the few Gurdwaras I have seen that does not have any pictures up on the wall... the current one which is a house does not have any pictures and I doubt the new one will so i have got it wrong.

Question Why do sants need special living quarters when Sikhism does not believe in dettachment etc.?

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh!

Well Karamsar people also have good lots of pictures in thier Gurudwaras but not like Nanaksar.

Sikh Panth tells of ditachment while living in world.Unlike yogis who leave world and go to Jungle our Sants who are true may live in civilised world and carry out preaching.

They may marry but unlike in present day Islam marriege is not compusary in Sikhism.

But Married Sants are treated equal to unmarried one and any unmariied can not say that he/she is great due to not marraying.

sehmbi

SPNer
Apr 15, 2005
LONDON
The new Karamsar (Gurudwara) Sikh Temple in Ilford , London, UK is now 95% complete. It is a spectacular building combining traditional mughlai/sikh architecture with western designs.

You may wish to visit www.karamsar.co.uk to view images of the gurudwara.

London_Kaur

SPNer
Apr 21, 2005
SSA,

Karamsar work has been resumed and Maharaj Ji have been taken back to the temporary gurdwara (house). The gurdwara is nearing completion, however, it is estimated that it will take an estimted month month and a half for completion.

PS: Would like to state that both Karamsar and Nanaksar were very close in the times of Sant Baba Mihan Singh Ji, Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji and Sant Baba Kishan Singh Ji.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

yes Sister all othodox Sikh Gurudwaras are very close and have brotherly relationship.Be it Nanaksar Be it Rara Sahib or be it Damdami Taksal or be it Nirmalas(to which das belongs).Our Maryada is same since the time of Gurus and our scriptures like that of Rahiraas Sahib are differnant from mpresent Days.

Das anyway respect the publications of missoarie like Sikh missio9ary colage or S. Surjeet Singh Ji of Delhi(Lodhi Road).

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Bole so nihaal....
Those are blessed who say
SAT SRI AKAAL!!
The true is timeless

I have just phoned the new Ilford Gurdwara and they tell me that it has opened today... therefore I am visiting it tomorrow...

London_Kaur

SPNer
Apr 21, 2005
Sat Sri Akal,

Yes the Gurdwara is open. The first wedding took place there last Sunday. I haven't been since the brief opening at Vasakhi. I believe it will take a few weeks until everything is in place and finalised, such as the Langar still being made in the temporary Gurdwara. With Vaheguru's mehar it will be soon.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM