• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Politics Neo Nazis Win Seats To Represent Britain In Europe

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Whilst America seems to have moved in a more liberal direction with the election of the first Afro-American president, some European countries seem to have gone in the other direction and we are witnessing an increase in support for extreme right wing parties. Surprisingly, the BNP (a party with Klu Klux Klan tendencies) have recently won 2 seats to represent the UK in Europe. This means they will have a respectable platform and access to funds to push their supremacist ideology.

Latest news videos, news clips, breaking news reports and current affairs footage - News Nows, News Features, Celebrity Video, Weird Stuff - Telegraph TV - Telegraph

However, this facism is not going unchallenged as can be seen in this protest.

YouTube - BNP leader pelted in egg protest

What are members of ethnic communities in the UK to make of this?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I am not surprised at all.After hearing News of islamic extremism again and again,The rise Racial extremism is going to happen.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
A sad day for Britain, and most white people I speak to are thoroughly ashamed of this.

They are however, to blame, because of the expenses scandal, traditional Labour voters never bothered to vote, hence why the Nazi's got in.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kds

Although I would agree that the rise of Islamic extremism plays a part. So does jealousy of ethnic success.

Sometimes it is also fearing of losing majority.Like In India everbody hate's people of UP bihar because everywhere they create votebank and regional people just start getting afraid that they will loose their majority to them and that type of fear give birth to hate politics.The incidents in Mumbai which we have seen from Raj thackerey is an example of this. and most surpring thing was that in elections his 12 candidates got over 2 million votes.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
A sad day for Britain, and most white people I speak to are thoroughly ashamed of this.

They are however, to blame, because of the expenses scandal, traditional Labour voters never bothered to vote, hence why the Nazi's got in.

randip ji

Forgive me if I err on my understanding of history. But didn't that happen once before in ANOTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY with serious consequences?

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
randip ji

Forgive me if I err on my understanding of history. But didn't that happen once before in ANOTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY with serious consequences?

Pan ji, this is an important matter. Often I experience ambivalence as to whether I should just ignore such trends as the doings of a fringe party, but as you mentioned (albeit indirectly), this could be the start of a wider trend.

We all know what it led to in Germany not so long ago!! I'm sure many Jews must have saw the early stages of Hitler's rise and thought, "Oh its nothing"

hhmmmm.....

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
This question is to educate myself and is directed to the British Sikhs. Sikhs have been in the UK for a very long time. Why arn't they delving into politics as we see some in the US? Some who have become politicians are dirty shaven Sikhs. Why is that?

In the Parliamentary system, it is much easier for a group or individuals to get elected than it is in the 2 party system like in the US.

Tejwant Singh

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Just to inform on the quality of some of the leadership we are getting in the UK:

Photo of BNP leader with extremist

Deborah Linton
May 06, 2009
PHOTOS have emerged of BNP leader and north west European Parliament candidate Nick Griffin with a Ku Klux Klan leader.

Griffin, who is contending the north west seat in the European Parliament elections next month, is pictured sharing a platform with American Nazi Stephen 'Don' Black, who is banned from Britain for stirring up extremism.

Photo of BNP leader with extremist - News - Manchester Evening News

Anyone in the US heard of this Klan guy?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
This question is to educate myself and is directed to the British Sikhs. Sikhs have been in the UK for a very long time. Why arn't they delving into politics as we see some in the US? Some who have become politicians are dirty shaven Sikhs. Why is that?

In the Parliamentary system, it is much easier for a group or individuals to get elected than it is in the 2 party system like in the US.

Tejwant Singh

I would rather have shaven left wingers

Home

than right wing turbaned people like this:

The Conservative Party | People | Prospective Parliamentary Candidates | Gurcharan Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
randip ji

dalsingh ji

In fact German Jews did believe that nothing would happen to them because they were German. They saw themselves as Germans who were Jewish. They were children of the Fatherland. They were safe. So many were fair and had blue-eyes. Hitler and his thugs saw them as Jews and a non-Aryan and inferior race. So the wake-up call came and the morning was very short. This was problematic in France also. Don't get me started with France. In France, after the Nazi invasion, something called Special Sections was written into law. French sympathizers took over, the resistance moved to the south of France, and under Special Sections French Jews were persecuted and pillaged first, and then sent off to camps by trainloads.

There was a lot of ambivalence, inattention, and second-guessing throughout the west, right up until 1941, when it was impossible to stay neutral any longer.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Can you please elaborate the differences between the two from Sikhi aspects?

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Just my leftist take on politics, but the guy who is mona seems to care more about his fellow man (which I see as essential to Sikhism), wheras the other chap a Conservative, is a typical Conservative and concerned about self interest (Hankaar, Moh).;)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
dalsingh ji

In fact German Jews did believe that nothing would happen to them because they were German. They saw themselves as Germans who were Jewish. They were children of the Fatherland. They were safe. So many were fair and had blue-eyes. Hitler and his thugs saw them as Jews and a non-Aryan and inferior race. So the wake-up call came and the morning was very short. This was problematic in France also. Don't get me started with France. In France, after the Nazi invasion, something called Special Sections was written into law. French sympathizers took over, the resistance moved to the south of France, and under Special Sections French Jews were persecuted and pillaged first, and then sent off to camps by trainloads.

There was a lot of ambivalence, inattention, and second-guessing throughout the west, right up until 1941, when it was impossible to stay neutral any longer.

Antonia ji

I have a great interest in history of second world war ,Germany .One thing I still don't understand Why was Hitler against the Slavs.I don't think anybody can tell the difference between slav and aryan of europe.May be his weird theory of race that cost him the war.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
kds ji

My response is not as good as I would like it to be. Too simplistic. However Hitler did see Slavs as inferior people. He bought completely into the mythology that the aryan, fair, blue-eyed German "race" was descended from an ancient and genetically pure race. That over the centuries the race had become polluted by war, invasion, and the dilution of cultures. In the mind-set of Hitler there were degrees of purity. One could spot a pure Aryan by his/her complexion, hair and eye color, as well as body build. Tall lithe muscular. Then other etnicities were graded according to how different they were from the aryan ideal. Slavs can be short, broad boned, and dark. Or they can be tall and thin, but there is "intermingling" so the gentic pool could not be trusted. Hitler saw the English, Swedes, Norwegians, Danes as closer to his aryan idea. Interestingly the Norwegians and Danes did not buy it and were not very cooperative --and both countries paid dearly for their resistance.

Hitler's flunkies went as far to engage in genetic experimentation. There was an institution (US/Brits called them "stud" farms) where German girls who fit the aryan profile were mated with German men who also fit the profile of the new Aryan. That way more aryan babies could be bred, and raised to continue the pure race.

At the same time aryan babies were being bred, the "racially unfit" were being exterminated. The mentally ill, retarded, gypsies, homosexuals all were sent to extermination camps before the Jews. A lot of this happened starting in the mid-1930's -- and the rest of the world knew it was going on.

To get to your quesiton of the Slavs again. There were basic economic reasons for the German advances against the Slavs. Germany was broke and there were no natural resources to support the war effort. The Slavic states held reserves of mineral wealth. The Slavic states of Central Europe stood between Hitler and Russia and its fertile farmlands. Russia stood between Hitler and the vast oil reserves of Georgia, and Central Asia. Russia also had political and economic presence in the Gulf States of Iran, Iraq, the emirates, which also held vast oil reserves. So Hitler had to destroy Russia, and to do that Hitler had to enslave the Slavs. It is easy think to enslave a nation if you believe they are genetically inferior and you can make up a story to support the myth.

An important footnote to all of this: the Nazi's found sympathizers in some central European states (Croatia, Hungary, and Western Ukraine). The sympathizers were politically elevated, but not always to their advantage. Poland, Hungary and Western Ukraine sent large numbers of its most educated men and women to work in slave labor camps in support of the 3rd Reich. Just one step above the death camps.

I have a very good friend whose mother was sent to one of those camps. A Ukrainian woman. After she was liberated and sent to a DP campu in Italy, she was able to migrate with her family to the US. My friend told me that her mother never slept the night through. She often caught her on her knees in prayer hour after hour -- explaining that she saw so many horrible things that her own soul was lost.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
To get to your quesiton of the Slavs again. There were basic economic reasons for the German advances against the Slavs. The Slavic states held reserves of mineral wealth. The Slavic states of Central Europe stood between Hitler and Russia. Russia stood between Hitler and the vast oil reserves of Georgia, and Central Asia. Russia also had political and economic presence in the Gulf States of Iran, Iraq, the emirates, which also held vast oil reserves. So Hitler had to destroy Russia, and to do that Hitler had to enslave the Slavs. It is easy to enslave a nation if you believe they are genetically inferior and you can make up a story to support the myth.

If I am not wrong many Ukranians,Russians ,were willing to co operate with Nazi germany because of brutalities of Stalin.So better Treatment of Slavs could have given him all the economic benefits which he wanted.
A Friendly Anti stalin Govt of Russia have been much better for him.But his hatred of Slavs cost him dearly

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM