• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Need To Produce A Next Generation Movie On Sikhism

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
There is so much evidence, of people with near death experience, who come from other religions. I never knew anything about sikhism. I learnt alot, and i have thought to become stressed over things. The world is different, and people may say, whats the point of becoming sikh? People claim to be happy withey their lives, by following their hearts. But the thing is, even if they follow their hearts they dont get any justice. But the major thing is, it interferes with gods, divine process. We cut our hear, we dont pay attention to god. People go on to live their life, and their soul continues to do so, and yet they dont know what they are living for. They just carry on what their heart tells them to do. I dont know myself if listening to your heart is enough in this life. But when i came across this site:

http://www.near-death.com/rosenblit.html

I was amazed at what this man had gone through, and come to think of it, he mentions sikhism alot. And most of what he is saying is what Sikhism is all about. It is the divine rule, what god wants us to do. Maybe this earth life was meant to head in another direction, if we didnt cut our hairs, and pray to god everyday. Life is still a struggle. Humans will cary on living thinking they are doing well in their lives, untill they reach a stage where something big happens where they live or the country they are at. Not to scare anyone, but anything could happen, today, tommorow, or any other year. But we can avoid the fear if we learnt sikhism. The thing is, there is no way we will get more sikhs. I have not taken amrit and i have no kesh. I really depresesed when i keep thinking about whther to have hair or not, to become religious, will it effect my future, by people avoiding me, no marriage etc. But if we all learn sikhism, everything will head the way god intens us to do.

There is not enough support. We cant just say to people that sikhism is gods way. In this dark age we are living in, people take interest in the media. People are emotional in this stage of earthly life. The most of it comes from black rap music which touches people. But people go over the limit thinking, that drinking is good etc.

The only way to attract sikhism , would be if there were to be a action packed film showing the lives of the sikh gurus, with emotional music from a good composer, cool effects, action packed. It needs to have a good storyline, and im afraid it should be made more futuristic, in this way, it will be the only way to make people realise sikhism. People will not look upon sikhs. People have feelings and know about the sikh gurus and the values the religion has with its connection to god. In sikhism, love is god right? Well the way to attract people to sikhism, is to make them be loved in a historical media. I am not taking this to converting to people because it is bad. But to tell people the message, which this life will become the way god wants it, is by attracting the news of reality.

Sikhism needs to be taken into next level. Not only indian films, but if there were to be a hollywood film, then there will be hope. We have to fight for what we belive in and pass it to the next generation. I have a feeling this is what god wants me to do. This is the way which will make it easier for me to become a amrit sikh, and other people. When alot of people accept, then the whole world accepts. Its tactics.

By the way, i have heard about the sikh game called sablohwarriors (please excuse me if spelt wrong). I can see that sikhism is slowly building. We have to keep it up.

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Re: Need to produce a Next generation movie sikhism

Anoop said:
There is so much evidence, of people with near death experience, who come from other religions. I never knew anything about sikhism. I learnt alot, and i have thought to become stressed over things. The world is different, and people may say, whats the point of becoming sikh? People claim to be happy withey their lives, by following their hearts. But the thing is, even if they follow their hearts they dont get any justice. But the major thing is, it interferes with gods, divine process. We cut our hear, we dont pay attention to god. People go on to live their life, and their soul continues to do so, and yet they dont know what they are living for. They just carry on what their heart tells them to do. I dont know myself if listening to your heart is enough in this life. But when i came across this site:

http://www.near-death.com/rosenblit.html

I was amazed at what this man had gone through, and come to think of it, he mentions sikhism alot. And most of what he is saying is what Sikhism is all about. It is the divine rule, what god wants us to do. Maybe this earth life was meant to head in another direction, if we didnt cut our hairs, and pray to god everyday. Life is still a struggle. Humans will cary on living thinking they are doing well in their lives, untill they reach a stage where something big happens where they live or the country they are at. Not to scare anyone, but anything could happen, today, tommorow, or any other year. But we can avoid the fear if we learnt sikhism. The thing is, there is no way we will get more sikhs. I have not taken amrit and i have no kesh. I really depresesed when i keep thinking about whther to have hair or not, to become religious, will it effect my future, by people avoiding me, no marriage etc. But if we all learn sikhism, everything will head the way god intens us to do.

There is not enough support. We cant just say to people that sikhism is gods way. In this dark age we are living in, people take interest in the media. People are emotional in this stage of earthly life. The most of it comes from black rap music which touches people. But people go over the limit thinking, that drinking is good etc.

The only way to attract sikhism , would be if there were to be a action packed film showing the lives of the sikh gurus, with emotional music from a good composer, cool effects, action packed. It needs to have a good storyline, and im afraid it should be made more futuristic, in this way, it will be the only way to make people realise sikhism. People will not look upon sikhs. People have feelings and know about the sikh gurus and the values the religion has with its connection to god. In sikhism, love is god right? Well the way to attract people to sikhism, is to make them be loved in a historical media. I am not taking this to converting to people because it is bad. But to tell people the message, which this life will become the way god wants it, is by attracting the news of reality.

Sikhism needs to be taken into next level. Not only indian films, but if there were to be a hollywood film, then there will be hope. We have to fight for what we belive in and pass it to the next generation. I have a feeling this is what god wants me to do. This is the way which will make it easier for me to become a amrit sikh, and other people. When alot of people accept, then the whole world accepts. Its tactics.

By the way, i have heard about the sikh game called sablohwarriors (please excuse me if spelt wrong). I can see that sikhism is slowly building. We have to keep it up.

oh yeh, and my other point is, there wont be a way, if our parents tell us to become a doctor, or a scientist. We are not here to live ismple lives, we need different ways in life to operate people to contribute. Otherwise, going in one location will only get you there, nothing else.

THINK PEOPLE...THINK!

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

Excellent Post!!!!

I fully agree with you , lately thinking the same way

I agree That at this stage of human evolution people are well connected and really respond to emotions even thoughit is quite temporary effect

If there are people out there who are looking for direction in their spirtual life and their is some universal medium through which we can reach them then Sikhism could work for lot of people

In the same line recently on e of my friend in London asked me out the golden temple on my laptop screen and he immediately pointed out that this was in recent bollywood movie ( Rang de Basanti) .Initially I was shocked that just single bollywood movie has penetrated so many people which living 25 million sikh fail to do
But it gave me a big clue /idea that Media is the Key to solve tjhe riddle of Sikhism .

Jatinder Singh

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk

But the problem is how are we going to do this. Its going to take time. The only thing on people's minds right now would be iraq etc. We have to do something. Where do we start? Who do we need?

Mar 10, 2006
Mumbai

Sat Sri AKAL

Well, this is exactly what I and some of my friends had tried to do, but failed. One problem we faced was, we could not show guruji as any character in a movie [ even animated ]. Second we did not have the exact dialog which had taken place at any given situation [ we had great risk where we might show something which can be misinterpreted later ]. The only choice we have is to make a movie based on todays youth in a particular situation.

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
Sounds very good anoop... btw, how long you been in sikhi?

i think a movie on the sikhs would be good.

a good idea would be:

A troubled kid asks his father what sikhi is.. .from there, there could be a flashbacks to past events and examples of how thigns are supposed to be in sikhi. This could take place sometime in a few years.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

jonnyBravoWarm said:
Sat Sri AKAL

Well, this is exactly what I and some of my friends had tried to do, but failed. One problem we faced was, we could not show guruji as any character in a movie [ even animated ]. Second we did not have the exact dialog which had taken place at any given situation [ we had great risk where we might show something which can be misinterpreted later ]. The only choice we have is to make a movie based on todays youth in a particular situation.

Dear jonnyBravoWarm

I am really happy to hear that people like you have tried to do something in line of making sikhism related media

As far as I know There should not be any problem with Animated Character on the same line as the animated movie Sahibzadey was recently released in punjab . In the movie the the Younger Sahibjadeys were shown as animated character
About the exact conversations and all that could be resolved after script is ready than it could be approved by sikh scholar and bodies

Jatinder Singh

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Hey, this is off topic!
Did you notice that in the movies Shaheed Bhagat Singh is shown witch cut hair in the jail?

Bhagat Singh only cut his hair once and in the jail he had a joora and every thing.

Just a mistake I see in ALOT of movies.

Rang De Basanti is not very accurate on this either.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM