• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Need Advice (Re: Being Alone)

May 25, 2006
Hi, i'm really hoping someone here can help me: i'm nineteen years old and a lot of the time in my life i feel very alone. I feel like I dont have anyone to talk to or go to with my problems. When I try talking to my parents they dont seem to understand anything I tell them or are unwilling to listen to my opinion on anything. Also, I dont have that many close friends I can go talk to about things that bother me and I'm always struggling with my own problems. Which is why I came to this forum in the first place, to help me undestand life better. Still, I imagine that I will someday meet that special person who will actually undestand me. But its so hard to wait for someone who you dont know if you'll ever meet or not. And I know that I'm never alone because God is always with me and that all my problems are because of karma or because God wants this path for me. However, I'm still finding it very hard to live life like this when I feel alone a lot of the time. Thanks for listening.

Nov 19, 2004

Welcome to the philosophy network forum Versus Ji. I can understand your dilemma Ji. Teenage years are very hard for children. These are in between years when one is neither a little child any more, nor an adult. Parents some times do not want to believe that child has become an adult. I feel glad that you do believe that Waheguru is there as your friend and support. Please keep faith and one day will come when you will find a true friend by your side. In mean while to over come this loneliness you could spend your time effectively by finding hobbies or volunteer work which brings enjoyment and satisfaction. There are lot organizations in the need of volunteers. You could help in the library, hospitals, children center, and Gurudawara or seniors centers. If you are studying in collage join some clubs or educational societies. You will meet lot of young people of your own age and interests and make friends. Explore your own abilities learn music, pottery or painting. You are young you do not have to be alone and lonely. Take classes, join study circles, you will make friends. Prove yourself to your parents that you are growing up as responsible, sincere and understand adult.
I am very glad you wrote your feelings and trying to come out of your loneliness. I am a mother of grown up children. I have experienced their teenage years with them and do understand your concern. I am here to listen and talk any time.
Take care and Gurufateh ji

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Versus, be yourself, its ok if you dont talk that much, just be yourself, god is everything, so jus tbe yourself in life, dont worry about where god is, god is everywhere, we are all part of god, we are here on this planet for our soul to grow, and grow with love back to god. Just be yourself, even if it means taking the pressure, or anything, and joy, just be yourself always...everything prgresses every life time, in many different forms as we go inot, we progress, there is no wrong andright in this world, do what u feel like doing and be yourself mate, dont worry if you cant make friends, you dont have to actually make alot of friends, just be yourself, and dont concentrate your energy on anyone else, but see everything as god, and you will be fine! Once again welcome to life!

your not alone, there have been people like this, and i always feel irritated, and angry at times, but just carry on in life, cos life is an adventure, we are all one !

oh and another thing, listen to music that you like, dont follow others, be yourself, everyone is unique. Explore your heart in different ways. Its all you!!!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: