• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

My First Impression Of This Website

Sep 2, 2004
Midlands,UK
Sat Sri Akal and WKWF everyone!I am very impressed with this website.I hope and pray it progresses in a good and clean manner,imparting knowledge and love and harmony throughout humanity.Bole so nihaal,Sat Sri Akal!:)

Sep 2, 2004
Midlands,UK
Sevadaar Singh and Neutral Singh,thankyou indeed for welcoming me.I will definitely try to contribute my views.I am most impressed by Prof Puran Singh's writings esp "Spirit born People".The other contemporay great Sikh writers are Dr Gopal Singh and Dr Gurbakhsh Singh.Today we need Sikhs who are fully present in today's times as well as of 'Gurmukh' status and fully educated in modern ways.Remember,Guru Gobind Singh Jee was himself fully educated in Persian,Sanskrit,Hindi,Punjabi,Purbi,etc,besides other major arts of his times.Of course no one can ever compare with Guru Jee but I think we can at least try to follow him as a role model.Today's Sikh youth,esp in UK is being misled by ideas of jaat-paat,vegetarianism,scepticism,gender-bias,bhangra,etc.I hope and pray that today's Sikh youth get true direction and message of Sikhi as given by our holy Gurus.:)

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
very warm welcome bharat veer ji

the concern u showed abt the sikh youth getting misled in Uk is very important, what i feel is that at the local level the youth need role models and mentors to look up to because sometimes the knowledge n role models available are quite contrary to sikhi values n sikh way of life

regards

Sep 2, 2004
Midlands,UK
etinder jee,I wholeheartedly agree.The role models currrently available at local level are clean-shaven but turbanned 'bolian' singers and bhangra dancers,who know zero about true Sikhi.When I was young in East Africa,we used to have very smart young Gursikhs as our role models to emulate.But those were the days,alas!But one thing is for sure,all is not lost.Things are better than 20 years ago,I think.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Well Bharat Vir Singh ji, My approach is to be a sikh myself, as if a walking talking embassy of sikhism, without worrying about what others do. I just bother what I do for my religion, and how I can contribute myself for betterment of my surroundings. Thats all I care for. And o yes, seekers always seek, regardless of 20 years or 200 years ago.

Enjoy your stay Singh ji.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Accept my poetic expression of this website:

Age of Sikhism: The history of Sikhism began
the concept of Akaal so became the slogan
Bole So Nihal
Sat Sri akaal

Size of Sikhism: Sikhism is the fifth largest amongst religions
and it tackles with clarity the bundle of unanswered questions
significant blank spots in the spiritual scenery
now vanish and replaced with spiritual mastery

All individuals, regardless of race, gender, or nationality
are free to become Sikhs without special talent nor ability
Dishonest earnings are prohibited
and the veil of ignorance is lifted

God is our Father, His children are we
Love every person and pray to Thee
Breaking down barriers of prejudice and hostility
and opening up our hearts to one's own capacity

living truth - should make you humble, egoless and satisfied
who would help others if everyone who was enlightened died
seek Guru Nanak through his hand written BANI
that links you to the everlasting water or Pani.

Here in Sikhphilosophy.net I came in the beginning as an ignorant fool, lol
just to be refined in thought and actions like a bouquet of flowers - phool

Thank you SPN

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Begum ji

I hope I am understanding what you mean by this.

Here in Sikhphilosophy.net I came in the beginning as an ignorant fool, lol
just to be refined in thought and actions like a bouquet of flowers - phool

But, this forum can be the most uplifiting place, and at the same time in the language of musicians it can also be a tough gig.. SPN is like a bouquet of flowers -- some have thorns -- always a place to learn more about oneself. Some flowers raise your soul in their beauty. Others make you stop and think twice about your reason for being here. Others teach, and the lessons are always a surprise.

Good friend to us all, you are one in the bunch who is constantly in bloom.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
aad0002 Ji and Aman Singh Ji,

Tell me, where else would you find so many interesting people, multiracial and multi-cultural bond. There is no other forum with such diversity.

I wanted to ask Aman Singh Ji how to start up a Help Desk for personal questions. Broadcasting questions may be subject to ridicle by third party, thus offending the subject (person seeking advice).
While no advice is perfect, there is always a starting point. And it will become the single most popular place to bring in more people.

I believe only Aman Singh Ji can figure out what needs to be done for a Help Desk (by this I mean) postings will be subject to approval.

Santokh

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Sevadaar Singh and Neutral Singh,thankyou indeed for welcoming me.I will definitely try to contribute my views.I am most impressed by Prof Puran Singh's writings esp "Spirit born People".The other contemporay great Sikh writers are Dr Gopal Singh and Dr Gurbakhsh Singh.Today we need Sikhs who are fully present in today's times as well as of 'Gurmukh' status and fully educated in modern ways.Remember,Guru Gobind Singh Jee was himself fully educated in Persian,Sanskrit,Hindi,Punjabi,Purbi,etc,besides other major arts of his times.Of course no one can ever compare with Guru Jee but I think we can at least try to follow him as a role model.Today's Sikh youth,esp in UK is being misled by ideas of jaat-paat,vegetarianism,scepticism,gender-bias,bhangra,etc.I hope and pray that today's Sikh youth get true direction and message of Sikhi as given by our holy Gurus.:)

Welcome :D

Ahh yes....it was DR Gopal Singh's book that first introduced me to Sikh History.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM