• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mool Mantra What It Means To Me

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ek Onkar
There is only the force

Satnam
This force is named as the ultimate truth, the scientific proven truth, it has no time for mumbo jumbo supernatural theories, everything is as per the laws of Creation, everything is true and can be explained without recourse to faith or magic.

Karta purakh
This truth creates, sustains and destroys, it is in everything and exists everywhere

Nirbhau
The truth has no fear

Nirvair
The truth knows no enimity

Akal murat
The truth is timeless

Ajooni saibhan
The truth needs no sustaining

Gur parsad
The truth must be wielded with grace

Apr 11, 2007
I would say logic is lost so easily when all things are looked into with depth most arguments, there is only one truth which is god all other thought processes are open to changes. God never changed. Your trying to rationalise god. If creation was a rational process then it would not involve death. You can not rationalise the creator. The Unknown is the truth.

Apr 11, 2007
What is the truth? Waheguru! If you ask me! The rest you will make your own understandings on the same concept to grow your own soul and mind and understanding of others. I'm glad you disagree, and I agree to disagree with you, because it shows you are thinking, being a sikh! Take care! Cu! And you are wright the Truth is the Truth, because the concept of God in Sikhism is beyond description as quoted in the Mool Mantar, so you are also correct. You want the God theory explained out to you in its infinite, it is a personal journey, for you to discover yourself, if you don't learn you wont know of these depths between you and the creator. Not us trying to rationalise our thinking's to make our own philosophies seem more correct, like a debate between me and you. The deepest depths of your thinking and concept of love are revealed within you!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

We cannot get away from the fact that there are some facets of Creator that are described in Mool Mantra, We also cannot get away from the fact that the first Guru, weary from the pointless and ritualistic 'worship' of 'God' that was commonplace 500 years ago, looked for a more pragmatic, more scientific way of living. The Gods of the time were caricatures, images, half animals, half men, bulls heads et al.

From that angle, no, I do not think there should be a free for all in Sikhism, I do not think we should just pick up whatever image we feel appropriate and focus on that, as we are Sikhs, the old turbanned man in a beard seems quite common,

Although we cannot know 'god', we do know what 'god' is not...........

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
Thank you Harry Paaji for a very simplified version of Mool Manter which is very easy to understand and relate to.:mundahug:
The way i look at it our whole life changes when we learn to live with the TRUTH and apply it in our daily life.
Afterwards its the journey towards the TRUTH and with the TRUTH which is different for each individual according to his/her life experiences.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry Haller ji,
Thank you for the secular/atheist reading of Mool Mantar.
Do we also allow an interpretation from believers?

when you say believers, do you mean those that have faith? rather than the faithless? do you mean those that long for a personal relationship with 'God', that follow 'God' through a series of superstitions and rituals?

I know we do not see eye to eye on most subjects, but if you wish to post a non secular reading, I would be honoured to debate with you in the hope that we may all learn from it

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Ek Onkar

Satnam
This force is named as the ultimate truth, the scientific proven truth,

Hi Harry Ji,

I like what you have written...but can you explain to me what this TRUTH is or this FORCE? the scientifically proven truth...or do you mean everything will eventually be explainable in logical terms with Science...

From what i gather in the present day...science still asks a million questions, and for each answer...it asks another million questions...

If i put all my faith in science i will get to an old age, and then be told that the theories and proof i was once told were the truth have now been replaced by new theories and supposed truths... :)

i don;t think i can sit around and wait...so i'm going to 'query' the truth for myself...hopefully the Truth responds to my little nudges...

i agree with you as well that nothing on this path is mystical or magical etc etc...
reason being that everything experienced on the path is available to all of us...we've made it sound mystical or magical because we've done a very good job of convincing ourselves of it';s non-existance...

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Is "truth" another word for "absolute reality"?

I always imagine that if you took the calculating, overcomplicated human mind out of existence then what you would see is the absolute, uncomplicated, eternal Way of the absolute reality. It moves regardless of human mind, and "truth" as most people would think is a human quality or what exists as opposed to a fallacy. Absolute reality can be nothing but true and doesn't depend on human declaring it to be so, and doesn't have room for any other thing called a lie or a false. It just is.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Is "truth" another word for "absolute reality"?

I always imagine that if you took the calculating, overcomplicated human mind out of existence then what you would see is the absolute, uncomplicated, eternal Way of the absolute reality. It moves regardless of human mind, and "truth" as most people would think is a human quality or what exists as opposed to a fallacy. Absolute reality can be nothing but true and doesn't depend on human declaring it to be so, and doesn't have room for any other thing called a lie or a false. It just is.

:mundabhangra: ok you have managed to explain my point better than me, thank you, glad you deleted the above, it made my translation look amateurish!:mundahug:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: