• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Preamble Mool Mantar

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Prakash S. Bagga ji sorry to say that you are wrong in the following,
Prof SAHib Singh Ji also makes clear at the start of his Tikka that :EKANKAAR" is a pronunciation for this SYMBOL which is there in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .So why dont we consider EKANKAAR as the only pronunciation for the SYMBOL as Given in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Professor Sahib Singh ji's Darpan is in Punjabi. Two issues surface as below based on your post,

Background
:
"EKANKAAR" is your linguistic/phonetic translation of his work".

• Specifically adding "N" the way you have done it
  • The use of "EK" is also wrong versus "IK".
There are perhaps better phonetics expert at SPN but the way I see it the following is more in line with Professor Sahib Singh ji's Darpan (Treatise) ,

"IK-AOEN-KAAR"
The following from Professor Sahi Singh ji on the whole subject. I don't understand what your doubt is and why the doubt is being created through this post. Do you believe in the following work of Professor Sahib Singh ji and if so which part you need us to help you with or discuss?

eykMkwru-eyk EAMkwr, auh iek EAM jo iek-rs hY, jo hr QW ivAwpk hY[
so, "<>" dw au~cwrn hY " iek (eyk) EAMkwr" Aqy iesdw ArQ hY "iek Akwl purK, jo iek-rs ivAwpk hY"[

pdArQ:-
<> au~cwrn vyly ies dy iqMn ih`sy kIqy jWdy hn-1, E Aqy > ; ies dw pwT hY ‘iek EAMkwr’[ iqMn ih`sy v`Ko v`Kry au~cwirAW ieauN bxdy hn:-
1-ie`k[ E-EAM[ > -kwr[
‘E’ sMsik®q dw Sbd hY[ Amr koS Anuswr ies dy iqMn ArQ hn:-
(1) vyd Awid Drm-pusqkW dy ArMB Aqy A^Ir ivc, Ardws jW iksy piv~qr Drm-kwrj dy ArMB ivc A`Kr 'EN' piv~qr A`Kr jwx ky vriqAw jWdw hY[
(2) iksy hukm jW pRSn Awidk dy au~qr ivc Awdr Aqy siqkwr nwl ‘jI hW’ AwKxw[ so, ‘EN’ dw ArQ hY 'jI hW'[
(3) EN-bRhm[

iehnW ivcoN ikhVw ArQ ies Sbd dw ie`Qy ilAw jwxw hY-ies ƒ idRVH krn leI Sbd 'EN' dy pihlW '1' ilK id`qw hY[ ies dw Bwv ieh hY ik ie`Qy 'EN' dw ArQ hY 'auh hsqI jo iek hY, ijs vrgw hor koeI nhIN hY Aqy ijs ivc ieh swrw jgq smw jWdw hY['
qIjw ih`sw > hY, ijs dw au~cwrn hY 'kwr'[ 'kwr' sMsik®q dw iek ipCyqr hY[ Awm qOr qy ieh ipCyqr 'nWv' dy A^Ir ivc vriqAw jWdw hY[ ies dw ArQ hY 'iek-rs, ijs ivc qbdIlI nw Awvy['
Regards.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Sorry spnadmin/Aman Singh ji I only posted Punjabi excerpt. I can translate it if needed.

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA JI,

I would request you to go thru page no 46 of tikka by Prof Sahib Singh Ji {Gurmukhi Tikka}
At the top you get what I have written.
Pl also refer Tikka ASa Dee VAAR by Prof Sahib Singh Ji.

It hould not matter whether we write in Gurmukhi or English the form of the word should be same.

For any further clarification I am prepared to offer if required.

PS:There is no such pronunciation as IK OanKAR in SGGS/We do come across like IKu EKANKAAR in Sukhmani Sahib. What is this IKu EKANKAAR should be given a due consideration.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AMBARSARIA JI,

I would request you to go thru page no 46 of tikka by Prof Sahib Singh Ji {Gurmukhi Tikka}
At the top you get what I have written.
Pl also refer Tikka ASa Dee VAAR by Prof Sahib Singh Ji.

It hould not matter whether we write in Gurmukhi or English the form of the word should be same.

For any further clarification I am prepared to offer if required.

PS:There is no such pronunciation as IK OanKAR in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji/We do come across like IKu EKANKAAR in Sukhmani Sahib. What is this IKu EKANKAAR should be given a due consideration.

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash S. Bagga ji I am clear based on Professor Sahib Singh ji's (what I quoted was straight from Professor Shaib Singh ji's Darpan PDF file) description, I don't understand what your points are? To me looking from outside in it is just doubt creation without answers? Please explain the subtleties as I am surely lost from your posts on this.

Sorry about that.

Regards.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,

I was also lost first time having known about the possible correct pronunciation of the SYMBOL from SGGS as EKANKAAR.
Gradually I carefully studied the whole of SGGS for this word EKANKAAR only and all my confusion was over.
So you can also verify from SGGS how important is the word EKANKAAR.
This all depends up to you to get to know.
Whatever I have presented the views are from SGGS only.

With best wishes

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Prakash S. Bagga ji you may hold great wisdom We are all learners her and I request that you share.

Please if possible focus on the following two items that may help many but for sure me,

• I was also lost first time having known about the possible correct pronunciation of the SYMBOL from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as EKANKAAR.
    • How were you lost?
    • What was your wrong understanding at the beginning?

• Gradually I carefully studied the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for this word EKANKAAR only and all my confusion was over.
    • Please if possible what was your confusion?
    • Please describe the meaning of "EKANKAAR"?
      • With much less knowledge compared to you, I translate "EKANKAAR" to mean the following,
        • EKANKAAR -----> One who does everything!
        • This will be different from what Professor Sahib Singh ji's explanation.
I thank you in advance.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
I thank you for your positive response to my post.
What you are asking me is related to my personal perception of GurBaani understanding in different times of my life.
As I belong to a normal Sikh Family and my initial understanding was definitely what I listened at Home or in Gurdwaras.
It was only when I studied the basic grammer in detail and on applying the same without being prejudied ,resulted in different understanding which is quite different from normal understanding.But grammatical meanings give more clear message of gurbaani that is for sure.

As far as meaning of the word EKANKAAR is concerned I feel it referesto GURU JOTi"More speciic SABADuGURU JOTi" Here the word JOTi is for the WAVE or Vibrations
EKANKAAR is Plural and its Singular is EKANKAARu.
EKANKAARu is OMNIPRESENT,OMNIPOTENT AND OMNISCIENT so this way your meaning
as DOER OF ALL is correct.

AMBARSARIA Ji,if you carefully go thru Gurbaani you will find that the according to Gurbaani the CREATOR is EKANKAARu/EKANKAAR not ONKAARu/ONKAAR as we think.
Once this is understood the meaning of the words GUR PRASADi will also become clear.
We should always look for every answer from within SGGS this is what I can say.

With best wishes

Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: