• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Michael Jackson RIP

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
dalsingh ji

As one who has no interest WHATSOEVER in popular music, the news left me sad but not grief-stricken. But my husband pointed out that MJ was a spectacular artist -- he has seen his performances live - not I -- and said that it is not hard to understand why in Britain MJ is considered second to only the Beatles by many British fans, and fans around the world. The BBC online had some innovative coverage this morning. So yes, it has to be a great loss for many people for many reasons.

P/S he enjoyed a long career and you can see that even as a kid he had a big voice.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kabaabsaab ji

I am aware of this. That is why his brother Jermaine said to him at his death, May Allah be with you. So now we can speculate that Divine Hari knew what he was doing (per usual) and took Michael according to His ordinance.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
randip ji

I never believed those charges either and think it was all about preying on a celebrity for monetary gain. And it is easy to shoot a visible target.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
randip ji

I never believed those charges either and think it was all about preying on a celebrity for monetary gain. And it is easy to shoot a visible target.

Indeed.

He was a complex individual. I remember the Martin Bashir interview, where he went into a shop, and started saying, I want that , I want that, and this and this and this. I thought to myself......this is what my kids do in a shop? Peter Pan comes to mind.

He did some strange things, like his plastic surgery and colour change, but that to me seems to be from him not being happy with his appearance rather than a racial thing.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
dalsingh ji

As one who has no interest WHATSOEVER in popular music, the news left me sad but not grief-stricken. But my husband pointed out that MJ was a spectacular artist -- he has seen his performances live - not I -- and said that it is not hard to understand why in Britain MJ is considered second to only the Beatles by many British fans, and fans around the world. The BBC online had some innovative coverage this morning. So yes, it has to be a great loss for many people for many reasons.

The British media! They are weirdos that hound people constantly but start to act respectful when the person has passed away.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
MJ with SIkh cook in th 80s.

Attachments

• MJ_with_backgrounding_Singh_1_.JPG
    MJ_with_backgrounding_Singh_1_.JPG
    102.9 KB · Reads: 2,183

greenjuice

SPNer
Jun 5, 2009
ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੀਣਸ੍ਯ੍ਯ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੰਤ ਜਨਮ ਭ੍ਰਸਟਣਹ ॥
That mortal who lacks the Guru's Mantra - cursed and contaminated is his life.
ਕੂਕਰਹ ਸੂਕਰਹ ਗਰਧਭਹ ਕਾਕਹ ਸਰਪਨਹ ਤੁਲਿ ਖਲਹ ॥੩੩॥
That blockhead is just a dog, a pig, a jackass, a crow, a snake. ||33||

1356 SGGS

ਜੋ ਨ ਸੁਨਹਿ ਜਸੁ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦਾ ॥ ਪਸੁ ਪੰਖੀ ਤ੍ਰਿਗਦ ਜੋਨਿ ਤੇ ਮੰਦਾ ॥੩॥
Those who do not listen to God's Praises, are worse off than beasts, birds or creeping creatures.||3||

188 SGGS

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੀਣਸ੍ਯ੍ਯ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੰਤ ਜਨਮ ਭ੍ਰਸਟਣਹ ॥
That mortal who lacks the Guru's Mantra - cursed and contaminated is his life.
ਕੂਕਰਹ ਸੂਕਰਹ ਗਰਧਭਹ ਕਾਕਹ ਸਰਪਨਹ ਤੁਲਿ ਖਲਹ ॥੩੩॥
That blockhead is just a dog, a pig, a jackass, a crow, a snake. ||33||

1356 SGGS

ਜੋ ਨ ਸੁਨਹਿ ਜਸੁ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦਾ ॥ ਪਸੁ ਪੰਖੀ ਤ੍ਰਿਗਦ ਜੋਨਿ ਤੇ ਮੰਦਾ ॥੩॥
Those who do not listen to God's Praises, are worse off than beasts, birds or creeping creatures.||3||

188 SGGS

We normally have a policy of posting complete shabads. Be careful not to be holier than thou..brother/sister.

Jan 7, 2009
Any person with a little bit of heart can easily see the saddness in his eyes. If you watch his videos from childhood on,you can see the change of his soul. In stead of calling someone who is know longer present on this earth horrible names we should pray wherever he goes that God bestows his Grace on him. Also we should look in our own closets before pointing fingers. We are the last to judge ourselves.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Any person with a little bit of heart can easily see the saddness in his eyes. If you watch his videos from childhood on,you can see the change of his soul. In stead of calling someone who is know longer present on this earth horrible names we should pray wherever he goes that God bestows his Grace on him. Also we should look in our own closets before pointing fingers. We are the last to judge ourselves.

Indeed Susan.

Once people were swearing at Jesus and all he did was bless them back. One of his followers said, why are you blessing them, and Jesus replied I can only spend what is in my purse. He had, love and kindness for his fellow man.

Unfortunately some people only have hate and nastiness for there fellow man. We can only pray for such misfortunates....

Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib

ਅਸੰਖ ਮੂਰਖ ਅੰਧ ਘੋਰ
असंख मूरख अंध घोर ॥
Asaʼnkẖ mūrakẖ anḏẖ gẖor.
Countless fools, blinded by ignorance.

ਅਸੰਖ ਚੋਰ ਹਰਾਮਖੋਰ
असंख चोर हरामखोर ॥
Asaʼnkẖ cẖor harāmkẖor.
Countless thieves and embezzlers.

ਅਸੰਖ ਅਮਰ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਹਿ ਜੋਰ
असंख अमर करि जाहि जोर ॥
Asaʼnkẖ amar kar jāhi jor.
Countless impose their will by force.

ਅਸੰਖ ਗਲਵਢ ਹਤਿਆ ਕਮਾਹਿ
असंख गलवढ हतिआ कमाहि ॥
Asaʼnkẖ galvadẖ haṯi▫ā kamāhi.
Countless cut-throats and ruthless killers.

ਅਸੰਖ ਪਾਪੀ ਪਾਪੁ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਹਿ
असंख पापी पापु करि जाहि ॥
Asaʼnkẖ pāpī pāp kar jāhi.
Countless sinners who keep on sinning.

ਅਸੰਖ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ ਕੂੜੇ ਫਿਰਾਹਿ
असंख कूड़िआर कूड़े फिराहि ॥
Asaʼnkẖ kūṛi▫ār kūṛe firāhi.
Countless liars, wandering lost in their lies.

ਅਸੰਖ ਮਲੇਛ ਮਲੁ ਭਖਿ ਖਾਹਿ
असंख मलेछ मलु भखि खाहि ॥
Asaʼnkẖ malecẖẖ mal bẖakẖ kẖāhi.
Countless wretches, eating filth as their ration.

ਅਸੰਖ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਸਿਰਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਭਾਰੁ
असंख निंदक सिरि करहि भारु ॥
Asaʼnkẖ ninḏak sir karahi bẖār.
Countless slanderers, carrying the weight of their stupid mistakes on their heads.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਕਹੈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ
नानकु नीचु कहै वीचारु ॥
Nānak nīcẖ kahai vīcẖār.
Nanak describes the state of the lowly.

greenjuice

SPNer
Jun 5, 2009
Deleted one line of shabad. Please always remember to post shabad and Ang number. Thank you, aad0002

a couple of questions

where does gurbani say that a death should be grieved over? doesn't it says the opposite? yet the statement that the death of a manmukh is "a sad day" doesn't seem to catch anyone's look.

and are sikh even allowed to listen to wordly music?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM