• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Media Is Shaping The Way We Think ?

Jun 1, 2004
Got this from somewhere... quite true.. we say we are in control of ourselves.. but in fact its not true.... anyhow read this...

The media is shaping up the way we think, whether we like it or not, trends are being set by models to wear snazzy revealing clothes to market goods for big firms which we pay for... This is causing ripple effects, in the way we are, the way we dress, our mental make ups are changing, come off it your hardly gonna be religious wearing a tight butt lycra bottom showing the shapes of ur bum cheeks off to others, or a revealing top showing the shape of ur {censored} with a cleavage hanging out same goes for guys on body tops... Look at the mind make up of this kind of person, based on external than internal... Now you see why sikhs were supposed to dress modestly... Then these saps give you the usual lines "oh ur a fanatic ur strict for us" if u say common sense stuff like this the gals jump on ur throat and say its just fashion... Wait till you have a daughter in lay lets see how u feel, when she is walking side by side with your in the mini skirt.. How do u think a father or mother feels when their kid walks around half naked and says its fashion today? This is one example of giving into society, it dont just reflect sikh gals just people in general... This does not mean to stick to a punjabi suit on but modest clothes help... it does not mean dont mix in with the society.

Ask urself a question: how much does a Gap top cost in uk ? Around in region of £60 quid..

How much does it cost to make that top in child labour factories in singapore? not even 70 pence per top after the labour, materials and overheads to sew the product per each item.

Magazines, media, adverts, society are gearing peoples minds up their way.. ask urself y is that? y is it happening? Whats the sources? You will trace ur way up to the biggest firms in control of the markets...

Girls want a clean cut guy ask yourself why? Why was it diff 20 Years ago? Did the media have the same effect then? If not y not? People were more in tune with their culture. Now they see one wrong thing and they blame the whole religion and jump at the change to become like gorey.. Its ur loss. This world is deceiving, THE GRASS MITE LOOK GREENER, BUT END OF DAY UR THE ONE WHOS GONNA GET DUPED THEN UL COME BACK AND ASK URSELF WAS IT WORTH IT???MATERIAL LOOKS CLOTHES IMAGES R ALL DECIEVING THE FOOLS GAVE IN..BUT ITS TOO LATE TO TURN AROUND COS THAT MISTAKE COSTS U NOT ANYONE ELSE..ITS UR LIFE DO WHAT U WANT WID IT..

MUSLIMS R SMART, PROPHET MOHAMMED GAVE WARNINGS TO HIS PEOPLE WHAT THE COMING SIGNS OF THE BAD TIMES WILL B, RELIGIOUS MUSLIMS TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES AND EDUCATED THEIR KIDS WHAT WHY WHEN THIS STUFF HAPPENS, THE SIGNS THE SYMPTONS AND HOW TO KEEP UR MIND CHASTITY ON GAURD...U GOTTO RESPECT THE GUD INTENTIONED ONES FOR DAT... SIKHS HAVE BEEN GIVEN MORE DETAILS 300 YEARS AGO OF WHATS TO COME FOR THE SIKHS AND PANJABIS AND THE REST OF THE WORLD.. THEY IGNORED IT ENTIRELY AND NOW THEIR KIDS R GETTING SACRIFICED FOR IT.. WHOS THE BIGGER FOOL??? SAU SAKHIS AND DASAM TELL U EVERYTHING U NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FUTURE, AND SO FAR MAJORITY OF THOSE THINGS HAVE COME OUT TRU WITHIN SIKHS AND OUTSIDE, EACH SIGN SYMPTOM.. ITS GONNA GET A LOT WORSE THESE R JUST SMALL SIGNS YET...

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
I think we are in control of our lives. The influences that are in our lives...good and bad...are the ones we put there. Personally, I am worried that blaming "the media" has become a scapegoat for lack of personal responsibility.

I live approximately 50 feet from a big shopping mall. I have never, ever seen the media or anyone/anything else force someone to enter the mall, or patronize a particular store in the mall.

Televisions have an off switch. I got rid of mine...a local charity deeply appreciated it. The media never forced me to keep it. The cable sales dude stopped calling me as soon as I said I got rid of my TV.

I have very little intrest in movies or magazines - as a result, there are very few in my house. The media never insisted that they be there.

I don't live in a vacuum. I do have a radio, a phone, an internet connection. And when asked "Hooooow can I liiiiiiiiive without a television?"

Pulse and respiration is normal, last time I checked. :)

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Hello all,

If I may reply to AmeriKaur.

I understand what you say, we are all in control of our own lives. However it is ture that that 'The Media' have a vast control on how people percive things. They can hide, bring into focus, or twist and turn any info on anything to help or hinder any group, person, race, religion anything.

Personaly I see this as a massive thing for the human race, and definatly do not think that we are too ready to use the media as a scapegoat.

Not only this but our leaders, our celebraties etc.. have all mastererd the art of media manipulation.

The sad fact of the thing is, there are too many people who will believe what the media tell them, and too few people ready to question. If it is in the papers, or the TV news then it must be right? No not really.

Our leaders lie, not just some times, but a lot, and our media helps them to do it. This is a true statment of fact, and I think we should all be shouting it from on high, and not let them get away with it.

Cheers,

Lee.

Jul 13, 2004
UK
AMAN, Please check something before posting it. I was rather offended by the statement: "jump at the change to become like gorey".

On the grounds that:
1. It implies white people lack morality or faith
2. That there can only ever be Sikhs who are Indian > insulting Sikhism

Whoever wrote this needs to focus on themselves and let others get on with it. It is NOT just a Sikh problem, in every religion there are youths who clearly do sinful things and think they are justifyable. Yes even Muslim youth, they just tend to cover it up more out of fear.

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
Good point, CC.

98% of India's population is not Sikh, but Sikhs that live in India rightfully feel a sense of injustice when the Indian goverment "forgets" about the 2% that is Sikh.

Yet...so many of these Indian Sikhs are willing to "forget" about the percentage of the faith that is not Indian, and may even be Western, or white, or both.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM