• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Meat - Is It Against Sikhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip Singh ji,

In due course I will give you an answer to all your questions. I am not here on a battleground with you, there is no winning and no loosing issue here. At least not from my side. It is my belief that you article is giving a wrong message to the young generation. This will eventually come out in the wash. There is no need to be hot headed. Plz contain your anger.

I am far from angry. Just amazed at your guile.....you claim other people are talking Manmat and you expect them to take that as a complement?

" You cannot insult me because i am not looking for parise from you" - quote by a saint.

Yet you see fit to insult others.......very noble.....not the conduct of a Saint or one who quotes Saints.

Note this too:

"When all other means may have been exhausted, it may be righteous to draw the sword"

I again reiterate, since you have done so much research into Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Can you provide any verses, tukan's etc where our gurus have said that you can eat meat and that eating meat will not prohibit you from achieving unity with god.

That is the point.....there are no lines from Bani supporting Vegetarianism. There are no lines from Bani supporting meat eating.

Only a complete imbecile and fool would think their are lines in Bani that support Meat eating or Vegetarianism.

It is a personal choice.

Best Wishes

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I again reiterate, since you have done so much research into Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Can you provide any verses, tukan's etc where our gurus have said that you can eat meat and that eating meat will not prohibit you from achieving unity with god

what a logic!! ekmusafir ji could you please please provide me a shabad
where it is wriiten to eat halwa,puri,gulab jamun and other tasy vegetarian
but vegetarians not only eat it but also distribuite them in langar

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
That is the point.....there are no lines from Bani supporting Vegetarianism. There are no lines from Bani supporting meat eating.

Only a complete imbecile and fool would think their are lines in Bani that support Meat eating or Vegetarianism.

It is a personal choice.

Best Wishes

Yes, so true, this is a lifestyle choice, and has no part of sikhi. People get the halal meat thing confused as well, they miss the message in it, we are not supposed to eat ritualy prepared food, both meat and veg.

Some people just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: