Me Racist? Naw........!!!
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Origin: 1865–70; < French racisme. See race2 , -ism
Based on the above definition, if we honestly look at ourselves with the help of our inner mirrors, we will find ourselves racists to a certain degree.
According to the recent survey, India is considered the second racist country in the world. Jordan is first. In the same token, we also know that India is the most religiously diversified country where people of many religions take their religious festivities, rituals, pilgrimages very seriously.
Caste system is one kind of racism. So,are the hue differences among the people of India.If one opens the Sunday Indian Newspaper in any language, the matrimonial section is the thickest one.
They ask for fair skin colour rather than the dark ones, caste, social status etc. etc.
There is religious racism in Islam between the Sunnis and the Shias.
There is also a religious racism in Christianity among the Catholics, Protestants, Mormons, JW's.
Mitt Romney, the GOP Presidential candidate in 2012 elections,a Mormon was declared not a Christian by the Evangelical Christians.
The Christian religious racism is wide and open, especially in Northern Ireland where people of one can not walk the streets of the other.
The same can be said in Sikhi with the different castes naming their Gurdwaras as such,e.g. Ramgharia Gurdwara etc. etc.
Let's be brutally honest with each other about racism after watching the video below.
1. What makes us racists?
2. What shall we do to eradicate racism in ourselves?
3. How can Sikhi help us do that?
4. How can we help each other in the family not to be racist?
5. Is diversity of all living together in different countries a hindrance, a cause or a foreseeable solution? Please explain.
6. What do you think of the video?
7. Do you agree with Paul Weston? If yes or no, in what way?
8. Is he right in his proclamation? How and Why?
We must start this conversation with an open heart and mind.
Gurmat values demand this from us.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru urges us to have this chat.
Sikhi's foundation needs this dialogue.
Paul Weston : I am a racist (French subs) - YouTube
9.7 KB Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator: