• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Man Strangles Daughter Over Love Affair

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110309/punjab.htm#19

Man strangles daughter over love affair
Kulwinder Sandhu
Tribune News Service

Moga, March 8
A 17-year-old Dalit girl was strangled allegedly by her father after she planned to run away with her lover belonging to the same community in Mallke village in the Baghapurana subdivision of Moga district yesterday.

Some local villagers informed the police that Pal Singh, the father of the deceased, revealed to his relatives and neighbours that his daughter Kamaljeet Kaur had committed suicide. He claimed that Kamaljeet had consumed some poisonous substance due to which she had died and announced that she would be cremated in the evening.

DSP (Baghapurana subdivision) Surjit Singh Khosa said a police party was immediately sent to the place and the body was taken into custody. A post-mortem examination report confirmed that she was strangled. During interrogation, the deceased’s father confessed to the crime, said the DSP.

The DSP said a criminal case has been registered against Pal Singh. He had been taken into the custody by the police for further investigations. Khosa said during preliminary investigations it had come to light that Kamaljeet was in relationship with a boy but her family did not approved the relationship. The family had tried to persuade her against the relationship but she was adamant to marry him.

Yesterday, Kamaljeet left her home. She told her mother that she was going with her lover and would marry him. She told that she would not return home. She also boarded a bus to the boy’s village but Pal Singh followed her on his motorcycle and stopped the bus. She forcibly took out her daughter and brought her back at home. After sometime, he allegedly her strangled daughter.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Would a father do that to a son who was planning to run away?
Almost never from my experiences.

Father may still do the following but it cannot be ever compared to murder but it is "pseudo living death/harm/vengeance/etc.",

• Dis-own him
  • Write him out of his will in favor of others
By the way this is not peculiar to Sikhs. I do understand that this is even more hurtful for us to see it in our community.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I would also suggest we protest such classifications,

Dalit girl

First of all "Girl is a Girl" and "a SIkh Girl is a Sikh Girl". These reporters show the bias of editorial management in these reports to sub-divide Sikhs. Please write to editors and others and complain.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Would a father do that to a son who was planning to run away?

I KNOW of one who did just that to not just ONE..but 3 sons..and got away with it. He told me so himself. He is a fugitive now living in exile .The sons wnated to run away and marry...the last and youngest one he just published aclassified ad disowning him !! So we cannot generalise...there are every species of people...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I agree 110% with Ambarsariah Ji...
We should PROTEST all those artificial LABELS and Compartments....clean-shaven, sehajdharee, teetotaller, non-turban wearing/turban wearing/Jatt-sikh, ahluwaliah-sikh, mazhbi-sikh, chamaar-sikh, ravidassiah, nai-sikh,Dalit brahmin khautriyah shudra whatever .
I havent yet seen any such classifieds about Gorehs..or any other races...and certianly noen that advertises..White, clean shaven, hat wearing cobbler/barber/bartender..wears casuals and not suits, no tie/no pants !!! So utterly ridiculous we have become...
Take some:interestedsingh: of this with a pinch of salt...i may be too angry and miswrote :interestedsingh:something...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM