• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Man Nimani Thoo Dhani Thera Bharwasa | ਮਾਣੁ ਨਿਮਾਣੇ ਤੂੰ ਧਣੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰਵਾਸਾ

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
istock_000003997254xsmall~s600x600.jpg
This week I took inspiration from the SPN jukebox. Literal English translation by Sant Singh Khalsa in black, my understanding in green underneath.

Ang 396
ਆਸਾ ਘਰੁ ੮ ਕਾਫੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ Aasaa Ghar 8 Kaafee Mehalaa 5
Written in raag aasa, ghar 8 refers to the beat, written by Guru Arjun Ji

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ Ik Oankaar Sathigur Prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
ਮੈ ਬੰਦਾ ਬੈ ਖਰੀਦੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥ Mai Bandhaa Bai Khareedh Sach Saahib Maeraa ||
I am Your purchased slave, O True Lord Master.
My master is the ever present Creator. I am the creator’s creation and indebted to my creator.

ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੈ ਤੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ Jeeo Pindd Sabh This Dhaa Sabh Kishh Hai Thaeraa ||1||
My soul and body, and all of this, everything is Yours. ||1||
My life, my body everything has been given to me the Creator. Everything I have has been gifted to me by the Creator.

ਮਾਣੁ ਨਿਮਾਣੇ ਤੂੰ ਧਣੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰਵਾਸਾ ॥ Maan Nimaanae Thoon Dhhanee Thaeraa Bharavaasaa ||
You are the honor of the dishonored. O Master, in You I place my trust.
I am meek/humble, you are held in high esteem. O Ik Oankaar, I am relying on your support.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਾਚੇ ਅਨ ਟੇਕ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਕਾਚਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Bin Saachae An Ttaek Hai So Jaanahu Kaachaa ||1|| Rehaao ||
Without the True One, any other support is false - know this well. ||1||Pause||
Those who have expectations/hopes not involving Ik Oankaar (the ever present Creator), are leading weak empty lives. Pause and reflect here.
This is a commentary on the pursuit of material possessions and empty short lived ‘happiness’.

ਤੇਰਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਅਪਾਰ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਏ ॥ Thaeraa Hukam Apaar Hai Koee Anth N Paaeae ||
Your Command is infinite; no one can find its limit.
Your hukam/command/influence is immense and no person can know its limits.

ਜਿਸੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਭੇਟਸੀ ਸੋ ਚਲੈ ਰਜਾਏ ॥੨॥ Jis Gur Pooraa Bhaettasee So Chalai Rajaaeae ||2||
One who meets with the Perfect Guru, walks in the Way of the Lord's Will. ||2||
The person that understands you and feels connection with you, walks life within your hukam. See interesting thread by Harry Haller ji for more information about hukam.

ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਕਿਤੈ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਈਐ ॥ Chathuraaee Siaanapaa Kithai Kaam N Aaeeai ||
Cunning and cleverness are of no use.
In the pursuit of spiritual and mental peace, cunning and tricks are of no use. I think this refers to bargains with God, making excuses to justify actions that you know are questionable or nastiness. We must always do the right thing no matter how hard it is to do just because it is the right thing to do.

ਤੁਠਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਜੋ ਦੇਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੩॥ Thuthaa Saahib Jo Dhaevai Soee Sukh Paaeeai ||3||
That which the Lord Master gives, by the Pleasure of His Will - that is pleasing to me. ||3||
Only those can earn peace who surrender themselves to Ik Oankaar. By surrendering your mind and body, you discover Ik Oankaar within and therefore will be blessed by Ik Onkaar.

ਜੇ ਲਖ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਈਅਹਿ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਵੈ ਨ ਬੰਧਾ ॥ Jae Lakh Karam Kamaaeeahi Kishh Pavai N Bandhhaa ||
One may perform tens of thousands of actions, but attachment to things is not satisfied.
The cycle of happiness and sorrow is continual in this world. Even if a million ceremonies are performed to be released from sorrow, events causing sorrow in life’s path cannot be stopped.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀਤਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਰ ਹੋਰੁ ਛੋਡਿਆ ਧੰਧਾ ॥੪॥੧॥੧੦੩॥ Jan Naanak Keethaa Naam Dhhar Hor Shhoddiaa Dhhandhhaa ||4||1||103||
Servant Nanak has made the Naam his Support. He has renounced other entanglements. ||4||1||103||
Nanak says, I have taken Gurbani as my support and left behind running around after other aims in life. This is how I deal with sorrows that come in the way.

:feedback:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
ਮੈ ਬੰਦਾ ਬੈ ਖਰੀਦੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
ਮੈ ਬੰਦਾ As Human
ਬੈ ਖਰੀਦੁ Cannot Purchase
ਸਚੁ Truth
ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥ is my commander.

ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੈ ਤੇਰਾ

ਜੀਉ Operative System
ਪਿੰਡੁ and Physical Body
ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੈ ਤੇਰਾ alll belongs to him creator and all are due to creator.

ਮਾਣੁ ਨਿਮਾਣੇ ਤੂੰ ਧਣੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰਵਾਸਾ ॥
ਮਾਣੁ Honour
ਨਿਮਾਣੇ of humble
ਤੂੰ ਧਣੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰਵਾਸਾ ॥ is through your richness and seek support of yours.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਾਚੇ ਅਨ ਟੇਕ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਕਾਚਾ ॥੧

ਬਿਨੁ Without
ਸਾਚੇ awareness of this TRUTH
ਅਨ ਟੇਕ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਕਾਚਾ ॥੧ Other supports will make you weak and stumble.

ਤੇਰਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਅਪਾਰ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਏ
ਤੇਰਾ Your
ਹੁਕਮੁ commands
ਅਪਾਰ are every where
ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਏ ie with all, who all are under command can not be defined are infinite.

ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਕਿਤੈ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਈਐ ॥
ਚਤੁਰਾਈ Cleverness
ਸਿਆਣਪਾ of formed mind
ਕਿਤੈ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਈਐ ॥ has not worked.

ਤੁਠਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਜੋ ਦੇਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੩॥

TRUTH obtained by accepting whatsoever is provided by attaining satisfaction or fulfillment Mind is Positive. ie Mind is always negative due to shortfalls in life, and may achieve all ni e treasures but greed is not resolved, by awareness that negativity is resolved and Mind is positive (have Sukh)

ਜੇ ਲਖ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਈਅਹਿ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਵੈ ਨ ਬੰਧਾ ॥

Other millions of stored events which one has earned in life and speaks and acts not provide honour or recognition to one.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀਤਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਰ ਹੋਰੁ ਛੋਡਿਆ ਧੰਧਾ
With the support of TRUTH left the business thoughts ie as vendors are always have thought what is earning, that is way of business and even loss in few events make and keep them negative, left such thought engrossed in Seva of occupation or work. With Simran ie fulfillment in Mind.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: