• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Makeshift White Kid Patka!

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Heya ll!

Today was one of the most boring yet devotional days of my life. I do not own a patka, so i decided to make shift one...

It was my first time tying joora and anything, and killed half an hour of time.. I had alot of fun with it though, and may you all will get a laugh out of it!!

... This makes me want a real patka.. lol!

PA142010.jpg

I used 4 bandannas- a green one to tie joora, and tied 2 together to cover my head completely, and a third on the outside just to be safe, and two rubberbands...

I am NOT wearing that to school, i'll wait for my real patka. haha.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Untying my makeshift patka:

PA142010-1.jpg

Remove the outer bandana:

PA142012.jpg

Let the back of the bandana run free, used to cover the back of the head:

PA142013.jpg

Untie the double bandana:

PA142014.jpg

Normal Joora:

PA142015.jpg

Thanks all for looking =]

I'm buying a REAL patka this week, so no worries, this all was for fun.

amarpreet41

SPNer
Mar 5, 2007
Heya ll!

Today was one of the most boring yet devotional days of my life. I do not own a patka, so i decided to make shift one...

It was my first time tying joora and anything, and killed half an hour of time.. I had alot of fun with it though, and may you all will get a laugh out of it!!

... This makes me want a real patka.. lol!

PA142010.jpg

I used 4 bandannas- a green one to tie joora, and tied 2 together to cover my head completely, and a third on the outside just to be safe, and two rubberbands...

I am NOT wearing that to school, i'll wait for my real patka. haha.
--------------------------------------
Khalsa Jio,
Please visit www.pagrihouse.com
This is an informative as well commercial website on sikh turban.

This site provide basic information on sikh turban, philosophy
behind sikh turban and different styles of turban.
This website also give users an option to buy sikh turban online.
Your co-operation will be highly appreciated if you can forward this to
your sikh friends to know about this website. Doing so we will make sure
that sikh turbans and kids keskis are delivered to your doorsteps almost
every part of the globe.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Amarpreet ji,

The information you posted is of enormous value.

Sherab ji,

What would we do without having your photos to keep up with you -- our SPN album of a pilgrim's progress. So nice!

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Amarpreet ji,

The information you posted is of enormous value.

Sherab ji,

What would we do without having your photos to keep up with you -- our SPN album of a pilgrim's progress. So nice!
Aad-ji,

Quick question - I have ordered patka form SikhLink LCC and i have NOT gotten a shipping confirmation after 2 weeks.. what's going on?

I also sent an e-mail, and have got on reply - same thing with GoSikh.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sherab ji

I don't know what is going on. There could be any number of reasons -- some ordinary cyberspace problems, and others not so nice.

Let me try to see what happens if I attempt an order -- won't be getting back to you on this for a while, though.

Next update. Sherab ji -- SikhLink, after further investigation, is a branch of the Guruharkrishan Institute of Sikh Studies, a nonprofit organization, and so the LLC. They are totally on the up and up. In fact, now remember that this is where I purchased my own kara several months back. They were extremely easy to buy from and they package things very nicely.

Update. Sherab ji -- I sent you a private message. From the looks of the site -- SikhLink LLC may be a business connected to a large Gurdwara -- providing a service to Sikhs by Internet. And they may not have enough people working for them to do all the paperwork on a regular basis -- may be all sevadhars -- But I don't think they cheated you or anything like that. Waiting for them to contact me to explain shipping policies. Read my private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Sherab ji

I don't know what is going on. There could be any number of reasons -- some ordinary cyberspace problems, and others not so nice.

Let me try to see what happens if I attempt an order -- won't be getting back to you on this for a while, though.
Thank you, i only made an order of $10 or so.

i believe they are in the USA, in Maryland.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM