• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

"Magical Powers"

UK_Sikh

SPNer
Dec 27, 2005
Manchester, UK
[SIZE=-1]Whahguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Whaheguru Ji Ka Fateh!!

A question...what is your own viewpoint of, and the what are your interpretations of the Sikhi viewpoint of those who claim to or have shown powers such as plam-reading, healing and [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]clairvoency.

This question arose from a conversation with a Gursikh who had their furture read, with some of it coming true.

[/SIZE]

UK_Sikh

SPNer
Dec 27, 2005
Manchester, UK
I agree with that, but the what about those who claim they are able to make predictions that they can remove evil spirits, read your future etc etc etc.
My understanding is that supersition should NOT be followed in Sikhi...and those who do have such powers should NOT reveal them....besides...there is only one person who knows our destiny and who knows when we will leave this place.
What do other people think of thus subject and would you pay heed to such people or ignore them completley?

Sep 11, 2005
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

miracles do happen but all to be attributed to Akalm and no role of humans

You are right Das ji . Even if humans are involved , then also by the will of Akal .

Some times Belief and Faith system of the people gets down due to the negative influence or negative environment.

But what a human being does is restores his/her belief and faith system , and merely acts as channel system.

In reiki system what I have learnt that the healer only plays the role as instrument to complete the circuit of energies .

The clairovoyants do nothing , but they reinstall you belief and faith system by persuading and convincing and counselling you psychologically .

When we are born , then as we come into contact with the people of this world . We learn many things heuristically and our brain keeps on recording words and the meanings associated with them.

But when our Belief and Faith system is becomes low . then not only clairovoyant even if any simple human being who has a positive thinking reinstalls his belief and faith . he/she gets cured .

Miracle do happen , but how people percieve it is a different thing.

If I say that I can convert clay to Gold , many people will percieve it in a different way.

Some may percieve it as mummbling some mantras .

Some may percieve it as using a series of steps .

Sep 11, 2005
In the healing process the subconscious mind plays a very important role .

It is the subconscious mind which is always in contact with AKAL or Cosmic Energy .

Our subconscious mind reads the invisible things which our conscious mind cannot read it .

Sep 11, 2005
UK_Sikh said:
I agree with that, but the what about those who claim they are able to make predictions that they can remove evil spirits, read your future etc etc etc.
My understanding is that supersition should NOT be followed in Sikhi...and those who do have such powers should NOT reveal them....besides...there is only one person who knows our destiny and who knows when we will leave this place.
What do other people think of thus subject and would you pay heed to such people or ignore them completley?

No one can remove evil spirit , because it does not exists . It is only concept which gets installed by some negative people or negative environment .

I have studied one guy who has visited all the gurudwaras , and has even performed more than enough akhand paths , but still he says he is caught with spirit.

Sometimes "EVIlL SPIRIT" term is used by some to use it as excuse for their Ignorance.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM