• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Love For A Friend

May 25, 2006
Hi, I find myself having really strong romantic feelings for one of my best friends. She feels the same but says our friendship is more important than our feelings for eachother. However, when I'm with her i cant help but feel the way I do and it always shows. So to get over her I've just completely stopped talking to her and stopped all communication. I dont know how else to deal with this because I cant stop thinking about her. Can anyone help? and please dont give me an abstract answer like "god is the only real love"; i just need some real advice right now...

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
I dont know how else to deal with this because I cant stop thinking about her. Can anyone help? and please dont give me an abstract answer like "god is the only real love"; i just need some real advice right now...

Well i have a friend that i also think about like this, what i would do versus, is try to channel some of that focus/energy towards other areas if you desire too. Are you serious about this relationship?

Maximum

SPNer
Jan 18, 2007
This is coming from a girls perspective. Stopping all communication might work for you, but it might be causing her a lot of pain.

Lady Soulist

SPNer
Aug 30, 2007
:) It's real sweet reading what you wrote. I guess the only advice I can give you is.... Try... You've got nothing to lose, seeing that you've already disengaged yourself from her anyway.

Take a leap of faith. It's better than sitting there and feeling the hurt that you are feeling. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. If it does then congratz! You'll never know until you go. Yes you maybe risking what you have as friends, but if you are both mature about it, then how can it really go wrong and if you two are truly friends, trust me nothing can break or take that.

Sometimes you gotta follow your heart for peace of minds sake. I for one know what it's like not trying when I had the chance too and seriously that WHAT IF question is a real pain!!!

So keep it real and take risks... (Here's some qoutes)

The worst thing you can do for love is deny it; so when you find that special someone, don't let anyone or anything get in your way.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Take cares :rofl:

LadySoulist

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM