• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Lost The True Meaning Of Sikhi?

jasminsandhu

SPNer
Jun 5, 2010
England
As I was told that Chardi Kala Jatha would again be visiting a Gurdwara in the neighbouring town, I jumped at the chance to go. I remember their first visit last year, and it was just so inspirational that I had to go again. As my dad drove up the road I saw another Gurdwara and I asked my dad, "Why are there two gurdwaras on the same road?", as we drove past, he replied, this is the one the "chamars" go to. Hearing his reply I was shocked. Were there other towns like this too, or was this the first? This is how far the "caste system" has gone. People of different castes going to different Gurdwaras? I couldn't believe it then, and I still can't now. HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!
The TRUE meaning of Sikhi is equality for all, we are all human beings and therefore all the same. I hope that we can all teach this message to others, as equality is part of the foundation of Sikhi, and I feel this message is getting more lost and lost as we go on.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: