• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Living with a Orthadox Gursikh family

Thor2020

SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
if a non-Sikh child went to live with a Orthadox Gursikh family until he is 18 years old, would that Sikh family allow him to cut his hair?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Its a free world. Its your personal choice. Ideally, nobody has any right to make you do against your wish... but those ideal situations never exist. So, the battle is yours to fight or not!

Thor2020

SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
I asked this question because I know of a 11 year old Ukrainian boy living with a Punjabi Sikh family in Amritsar and they are not allowing him to cut his hair

DrNJ

Writer
SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
Sir, a GurSikh is NEVER ORTHODOX. Period. Sikhi is all about human rights, everybody has equal rights and choices. And if you really choose Sikhi by Guru Saahib's grace, then you should and in fact everyone should try to understand true Gurbani and make choices according to Gurbani. No one will force you. Hope that clears. Thank you

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Sir, a GurSikh is NEVER ORTHODOX. Period. Sikhi is all about human rights, everybody has equal rights and choices. And if you really choose Sikhi by Guru Saahib's grace, then you should and in fact everyone should try to understand true Gurbani and make choices according to Gurbani. No one will force you. Hope that clears. Thank you

That doesn’t always happen, a lot of psychopathical sikhs out there at the moment.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Well most of sikhs, if you see from a third person's perspective are ORTHODOX Sikhs....

DrNJ

Writer
SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
Seeing as Nanaks most profound teaching was no Hindu no Muslim, only One, ie no religion, it’s pretty insane.
This controversyhas already been addressed by one of Sikh scholars citing Gurbani references. Meaning has been distorted to suit ourselves. Sikhi teaches only humanity.
Have a good day

DrNJ

Writer
SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
Well most of sikhs, if you see from a third person's perspective are ORTHODOX Sikhs....
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh
Sir, third persons including me, you and that family fail to understand Sikhi. I only find those ORTHODOX who are forgetting Gurbani.
If a person does not understand Sikhi he/she can not be labelled as Sikh, including most of us and so we can not label ORTHODOX. Sikhi is never ORTHODOX. Sikh is never ORTHODOX. People are ORTHODOX. Thank you.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh
Sir, third persons including me, you and that family fail to understand Sikhi. I only find those ORTHODOX who are forgetting Gurbani.
If a person does not understand Sikhi he/she can not be labelled as Sikh, including most of us and so we can not label ORTHODOX. Sikhi is never ORTHODOX. Sikh is never ORTHODOX. People are ORTHODOX. Thank you.
I think labelling people "Not Sikhs" only brings internal conflict, everybody is trying to walk the path with the best of their knowledge... 🙏

DrNJ

Writer
SPNer
Apr 24, 2020
I think labelling people "Not Sikhs" only brings internal conflict, everybody is trying to walk the path with the best of their knowledge... 🙏
Sir, with due respect, I am NOT labelling people as "Not Sikhs". I totally agree everyone is trying to walk on same path with knowledge they obtained. I only meant that a Sikh is one who really tries to understand Gurbani. If a person is far away from Gurbani knowingly, how can he/she be Sikh? I did not mean any external appearances, I meant only Gurbani. That is fairly logical. I do understand there are many socio-political, educational aspects , due to those circumstances sometimes it becomes difficult for many, so we can not blame anyone.
Please try to understand Sir, word 'Orthodox' shows that something is inherently 'a belief' , may be right or wrong or illogical. So "ORTHODOX" word can not be applied here in case of Sikhi or Sikhi's students Sikhs as Sikhi is not a belief, but living with humanity and laws of nature.
YES, A PERSON CAN BE ORTHODOX!

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
Many people I have met in my life keep the 5 K's but are inwardly as far from Nanak as can be. Moreover, I was forced to keep 5 K's as a child but had zero instruction on the true meaning of Sikhi.

Life is full of mysteries like this.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Many people I have met in my life keep the 5 K's but are inwardly as far from Nanak as can be. Moreover, I was forced to keep 5 K's as a child but had zero instruction on the true meaning of Sikhi.

Life is full of mysteries like this.

lol many think outward appearance makes one a good soul when in reality, outer appearance means nothing.. the inner is as important.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM