• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Life After Death?

manjeetsingh

SPNer
Aug 21, 2009
What happens when we die? what does the guru granth sahib ji say? im not sure, ive asked many family members and i have been getting mixed responses. Can anyone clarify this with me? and can you please you examples or quotes? thankssss

ik onkar Satgur Parsad
I don't know anything But My Satguru knows everything

in whole according to sri guru granth sahib ji, after death
and after judgment of soul's karma (actions on earth when he was alive),
whether he has chanted His name about whom guru ji says....
"Jio Paye Jin Pind Jin Sajia Dita Penar Khan"
if he has chanted His name and his action were good
then he finds place in the court of the Lord (Dargah)
otherwise he again fells in 84 Lakh Joon( 84 Lakh Species)
He cries and weep and feels regret on his Karma ( actions)
but now he cannot do anything.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
It is strange, this concept of reincarnation is Hindu’s concept not Muslim not Christian, not Jews.
Why we Sikhs who hate any thing comes from Hindus can accept it? Not only accept it but promote it. If we are not from Hindus then we should have our own concept. Jews Christian Muslim do not believe in reincarnation. They are the biggest religions in the world.
As ekmusafir said it is chicken feed.

seeker

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
It is strange, this concept of reincarnation is Hindu’s concept not Muslim not Christian, not Jews.
Why we Sikhs who hate any thing comes from Hindus can accept it? Not only accept it but promote it. If we are not from Hindus then we should have our own concept. Jews Christian Muslim do not believe in reincarnation. They are the biggest religions in the world.
As ekmusafir said it is chicken feed.

seeker

Hell and Heaven are forms of reincarnation. So is everlasting life which are all parts of the Semitic religions.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Can you or any one give the location of hell and heaven? Where they are located and what kind of people go to hell or heaven? What kind of life is lived there? Who is incharge of hell and heaven?

seeker

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
So where the soul of Sikhs goes when they die? In SGGS that one can get mukti by naam jaap name simran. If we just die then what the SGGS talking about atama?
Why are the Sikhs doing nit name of 5 bani? I dont understand the logic behind all this.

seeker

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Right! In fact Sikhism is quite honest about it. It does not pretend that it knows what is not possible to know.

One thing Sikhism does know and is very confident about is that Naam Jap or Simran does a world of good to the soul. It is food for the soul, it cleanses the soul etc. So if that is good for the soul why not practice it? And then the reward after death? It says that there is a pretty great chance that a completely purified and healthy soul will merge into the Supreme or Ek Onkar.

And what happens to the soul that is not totally pure? It only speculates that it may continue its journey in another vehicle (not specified) until it achieves complete purity, to merge with the Ultimate. If that requires reincaranation, then so be it! But it is not our job to worry about it. Our job in this world is to "Kirit Kar, Naam Jap, and Vand Chak!"

That is why we are insulated and blissfully unaware about our past journies and have only a simple formula for our soul's health in future. Why not practice it and not worry about anything else?

manjeetsingh

SPNer
Aug 21, 2009
So where the soul of Sikhs goes when they die? In SGGS that one can get mukti by naam jaap name simran. If we just die then what the SGGS talking about atama?
Why are the Sikhs doing nit name of 5 bani? I dont understand the logic behind all this.

seeker

ik onkar satgur parsad
there is need to tell you in detail which i cannot do here
so i advise you to visit the site www.granthsahib.com
you will find your answer with 100% satisfaction
the above mentioned site is the translation of SGGS in english
i request you if you want to know anything about God
SGGS will give you each answer, please visit this site and
read it with pure mind and full interest

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: