• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Lies are the sharpest weapons...

Operate with the Sharpest Knife or a Rusty Spoon?

• Lies

• The Truth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ram_Muni

SPNer
Mar 9, 2021
Lies are razer sharps knives. Truth, a rustly spoon.
Which should I use to cut the evil out of you?

Are you a sage or a lawyer with a degree in surgery?

This reminds me of a dialogue in the accounts of Sri Ramakrishna : There was a professional preacher who aroused strong feelings of devotion in the hearts of all those who heard him deliver his religious discourses; but personally was not a man of character. Pained by the life this man led Sri Ramakrishna asked him "How can you move so many hearts towards devotion while you live such an unworthy life yourself". The man replied with a bow " Yes sir The broom though a contemptable thing removes the dust and dirt on the floor and street" Sri Ramakrishna had no answer for him

later when asked by a disciple as to why he did not respond; Sri Ramakrishna delivered a teaching to his disciples gathered. He only asked the man to know why he lived in such a manner. The mans response answered that question perfectly. He was not a sage but a professional speaker and bread winner. The feelings of devotion aroused by such a method are short lived. Just as dirt and dust will again gather in need of sweeping, so must his congregation continue to come and listen to inspire feelings of devotion. A worldly man, and dependent his listeners for money I had no replay that could inspire him to change. My words are for my disciples and men of true spiritual nature intended to produce permanent change.

So to answer your question, even were you to cut out evil with a scalpel of lies, like a cancer that evil will return. The rusty spoon may not remove the evil, but if it can inspire one to change it will at least be permanent .

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM