• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Learn Punjabi Let's Learn Punjabi! ਆਓ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਿੱਖੀਏ! آؤ پنجابی سکھیئے

Jul 25, 2013
Hey SPN'ers,

Check out my blog where I discuss my affection for Punjabi plus the methods to familiarize yourself with various rules and the syntax of the language...

http://punjabimylove.blogspot.in/

Hope you'd find it useful and interesting!!! 0:)
A sample: ਨਿਰੰਤਰ ਵਰਤਮਾਨ ਕਾਲ نرنتر ورتمان کال Present continuous tense
Now, I am going to tell you about the present continuous tense!! It indicates that the action denoted by the verb is still being carried on i.e. it is going on. Here are a few examples:

Jasmeet is going.
ਜਸਮੀਤ ਜਾ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ।
جسمیت جا رہی ہے۔

All the boys are studying.
ਸਾਰੇ ਮੁੰਡੇ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਰਹੇ ਹਾਂ।
سارے منڈے پڑھ رہے ہاں۔

It's super easy to conjugate the verbs in this tense. Just remove the ending from the infinitive -ਨਾ/-ਣਾ and add the suitable "continuity indicator" (equivalent to -ing of English) + the suitable conjugated form of the verb "to be".

This continuity indicator is ਰਿਹਾ (m) and ਰਹੀ (f) for singular pronouns and ਰਹੇ (m) and ਰਹੀਆਂ (f) for plural ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

namritanevaeh

Writer
SPNer
Oct 14, 2012
Surrey, Canada
Babandeep ij

I think that is a great blog. It is really laid out very well. Completely organized. And also very attractive to the eye. Good examples too!

See my edit. We like to support our members efforts, but also have a TOS against publishing links to personal web sites and blogs.

Keep up the good work.
I've now linked to Babandeep Ji's blog twice in mine. I am really enjoying his, and bahut dhanvaad to him for his tireless help on the language it is so so so so so much appreciated. :)

Next sentence to learn: "I am forever in your debt" ;-)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
That is what blogsters are supposed to do. Link to one another in order to cover a thematic area more completely. Each blog is like a brilliant colored glass in a stained-glass window.

Good job, Babandeep and Namritavaneah both ji!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM