• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Language Barrier

jaymelee

SPNer
Jul 11, 2005
redding , CA.
i have a problem reading some posts.i need tranlations.im new to this site and im still learning how to use it.does it possess anytype of informational listings for new members that would help me get the full benifit of using this site such as a taecher or coach to help me? thank you very much.

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
jaymelee said:
i have a problem reading some posts.i need tranlations.im new to this site and im still learning how to use it.does it possess anytype of informational listings for new members that would help me get the full benifit of using this site such as a taecher or coach to help me? thank you very much.

Dear friend the hardest thing on this site is the use of strange terminology but to help us that are unfamiliar with Sikh speak they have kindly put in a word reference, top right hand corner of Home page. [Glossary of Gurumukhi/Punjabi Words]

It’s a great site with lots of rational people sharing in depth humanity.

Best wishes

John:thumbup:

Jun 1, 2004
Dear Jaymelee,

Welcome to SPN and thanks for your feedback... There is indeed a section called Frequently Asked Questions --> FAQ <-- right at the top of this screen. This section will help you in basic understanding of major functionalities on this forum. And besides that our forums community is always ready to help you out. You are bound to face some problem with written punjabi language and for that as dear thecoopes has rightly directed, you can check out with some of the vocabulary by visiting Glossary section. However, if there is any specific section where you facing difficutly then please feel free to contact us and raise the matter anytime.

Best Regards

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
I request the non-punjabi sangat to let us know clearly, which words are not understood properly. We will try our best to update the glossary on as-needed basis. But do point that out. That s a great learning exp for us too, as we do more research in getting to exact expression of those unfamiliar words to you.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM