• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Kushwant Insults Sant Bhinderanwale In New Book

Jul 10, 2006
Kushwant insults Sant Bhinderanwale in new Book
Wednesday 15th of November 2006
Panthic Weekly News Bureau
2902_Delhi.jpg
Amritsar Sahib (KP) - Panthic Jathebandi Shahbaaz Khalsa, in a press note, called for ban on the controversial anti-Sikh writer Kushwant Sinh’s latest novel “Delhi”. Shahbaaz Khalsa leaders stated that the book was offensive to the Sikhs and contained insulting language against Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.
Kushwant who has called, Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale an “evil man” and a terrorist, has been much promoted in the Indian press for his distasteful and gaudy writing style. His latest novel “Delhi” centers around a Sikh guide who is involved in immoral relationships with other characters including a transgendered prostitute. The book has been described as the type of filth one can expect from a degenerate such as Kushwant Sinh. In the book, Kushwant ridicules Sant Bhinderanwale by referring to him as a “pagal” (insane) and a “chooha” (mouse).
Shahbaaz Khalsa sharply criticized the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) for recently honoring the author of this book at one of their official functions. They also condemned those who have collecting large sums of wealth under Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwale’s name, and stated they are silent about this books, because they are busy expanding their private deras.
The organization demanded Sri Akal Takht Sahib to demand a ban on this offensive publication and have the SGPC retract the award given to Kushwant. The press statement was released by Bhai Sukhmander Singh Karmuwala, Kulwinderjit Singh Khanpur, Jaswinder Singh Kapurthala, Gurdip Singh, and Pritpal Singh of Ludhiana.
View scans of page 393 and page 395[SIZE=-0] of Kushwant's Novel Delhi.

Editors can be reached at [/SIZE]
editors@panthic.org

----------------------------------------

amanmehra

SPNer
Nov 16, 2006
Kushwant is totally correct by doing so, u cant call a terrorist a saint , sikhism is about Guru Nanak and Guru Govind ji and their teachings, not about idiots like Bhinderanwale who spread evil inthe society

Kushwant insults Sant Bhinderanwale in new Book​

Wednesday 15th of November 2006

Panthic Weekly News Bureau​

2902_Delhi.jpg

Amritsar Sahib (KP) - Panthic Jathebandi Shahbaaz Khalsa, in a press note, called for ban on the controversial anti-Sikh writer Kushwant Sinh’s latest novel “Delhi”. Shahbaaz Khalsa leaders stated that the book was offensive to the Sikhs and contained insulting language against Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.
Kushwant who has called, Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale an “evil man” and a terrorist, has been much promoted in the Indian press for his distasteful and gaudy writing style. His latest novel “Delhi” centers around a Sikh guide who is involved in immoral relationships with other characters including a transgendered prostitute. The book has been described as the type of filth one can expect from a degenerate such as Kushwant Sinh. In the book, Kushwant ridicules Sant Bhinderanwale by referring to him as a “pagal” (insane) and a “chooha” (mouse).
Shahbaaz Khalsa sharply criticized the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) for recently honoring the author of this book at one of their official functions. They also condemned those who have collecting large sums of wealth under Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwale’s name, and stated they are silent about this books, because they are busy expanding their private deras.
The organization demanded Sri Akal Takht Sahib to demand a ban on this offensive publication and have the SGPC retract the award given to Kushwant. The press statement was released by Bhai Sukhmander Singh Karmuwala, Kulwinderjit Singh Khanpur, Jaswinder Singh Kapurthala, Gurdip Singh, and Pritpal Singh of Ludhiana.
View scans of page 393 and page 395 of Kushwant's Novel Delhi.

Editors can be reached at editors@panthic.org

Jul 10, 2006
Kushwant is totally correct by doing so, u cant call a terrorist a saint , sikhism is about Guru Nanak and Guru Govind ji and their teachings, not about idiots like Bhinderanwale who spread evil inthe society

Yes, I can see where your allegiance lies!. Next you will be saying it was ok to desecrate Sri Harmandar Sahib too.

Please see this link Re: AMAR SHAHEED BABA JARNAIL SINGH JEE BHINDRANWALE
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/histo...edi-diwas-remembering-the-dark-holocaust.html

and

Sikh Genocide Project

Oct 15, 2006
Khalsa ji,

Was this book originally written by Khuswant Singh or did somebody translate it to Punjabi?

I am confused by the statements in this book due to the reason that I have seen Khushwant Singh talking in one interview something like, "Indira and Army thought they will flush out Bhindrawala in no time from Golden Temple and he will surrender, well he didn't, he fought like a tiger!"

Kaur-1 ji, can I request you to please provide the information whether this book is originally written by Khuswant Singh in Punjabi. If this book has been translated from the original English book then I can see where the problem lies.

Translating English idiomatic phrase like "is it wise to distroy the whole house to kill a rat?" to the following phrase "us ne ik choohey nu maran layi sara ghar dha ditta?" would be a blunder. Yours truly has already mentioned this one forum post here in SPN that translation is big responsibility and often the exact emotion does not get fully explained by the words in another language. That is why I always prefer reading Guru Granth Sahab in Punjabi, then in English. No offence to English speakers, I just feel that to be close to the heart of the person who wrote some lines, its is always better to read in the original language. Having said that, I also support translations as they are the stepping stones and not everyone can afford learning a new language. (This paragraph from me is just speculation, as I have not read this whole book and the english version of this, if it exists.)

The English form of the idiom simply means to me that it is not wise to create more and bigger problems/destruction to solve something which is minor. Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala was seen as a problem by Indira Gandhi but she created even more bigger problem by attacking Harmandar Sahab.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide more information on this book.

Sat Shri Akaal,
-Akashdeep

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
thanks for the sane voice akashdeep

it is an excellent novel in english which has been rendered rather carassly in punjabi.

<<Yes, I can see where your allegiance lies!. Next you will be saying it was ok to desecrate Sri Harmandar Sahib too. >>
kaur ji

if you had read the complete novel, you would read these lines in a totally different light..

thanks

paapi_banda

SPNer
Nov 29, 2006
Thanx for sharing ji. Well I have alredy read this article in the newspaper and I dont think Khushwant Singh is a Sikh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2005
Too bad so-called "educated people" fall for indian propaganda. Baba Jarnail Singh Ji is respected in the Sikh community for his sacrifice and will always be remembered as a true hero. He was a true saint-soldier.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well das is supporter of Sant Ji and Taksal but let critics also have thier say.Critism is good even for those who have died as it helps us to improve.slander is more like spitting on moon and getting it on our face.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
but i am happy that even the neo fascist wings in the sikh youth have shown restraint and not vandalised the house of Kushwant singh like the shiv sena does.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM