• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Know Thyself, Or Pray T Ogod?

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Hi, i just want to say that, ioften get confused about what to belive in...

for example, many have said god is within, but what is one suppose t obelive in, himself, or god, how do you fee lthe god inside you, meditation by itself does not actually work properly, because alot of things may still be in your thoguht while you meditate. Do you meditate to god? iF SO, HOW....must one pray to god?

----------------------------------------

Jul 10, 2006
Hi, i just want to say that, ioften get confused about what to belive in...

for example, many have said god is within, but what is one suppose t obelive in, himself, or god, how do you fee lthe god inside you, meditation by itself does not actually work properly, because alot of things may still be in your thoguht while you meditate. Do you meditate to god? iF SO, HOW....must one pray to god?

Anoop ji, If you cant sit still and with utter concentration meditate gurmatra, then dont it. All you will end up doing is getting fedup.

May I suggest, try singing the praises of Waheguroo through Kirtan Shabad.

This way, you are using your tongue to recite/sing, ears to listen, mind to contemplate/understand the bani. This is a form of meditation.

(multi tasking! :D)

Whenever you can, walking, doing homework, house work etc, try and remember Waheguroo. Remember God - God you are wondrous- waheguru - and God you are the truth, Satnaam.

As you know, the true naam is in Guru Ki bani. By thinking of waheguroo whenever you are able too and whenever you can recite or listen too or sing along to Guru Ki Bani is meditating. You are making a "connection" with Waheguroo.

For example, if you cant study, read a random bani or sing to a bani. You will get shanti this way. This will calm your mind and senses.

Reading from gurbani (try a random bani ) is asking Guru for guidance. Guru will guide you.

To reiterate:
- think of waheguroo whenever possible
- Sing or listen to Gurbani Kirtan. Contemplate ie. try and understand the meaning of the Gurbani Kirtan.
- Whenever you can read a bani, Nitnem bani or any Guru Ki Bani from SGGSJ. Try your best to understand what you are reading.

All the above is praying to God. If you do any of the above, the mind will become calmer, you will find your concentration improving which is a good thing because this will helps in your studies!.

Keep on begging from waheguroo for naam (ie ardas). Waheguroo will surely answer you.

Dont force yourself or rush to do too much.

p/s: Lookup "Parcha Shabad Ka"

ekaur

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
i think u r right .. i experienc myself while doing path .. my mind is sumtim wonderin around ..... but when i do simren "waheguru waheguru" bit louder so i can feel it inside me then my mind is stable i think thts what u need 2 do start by simren wich wud eventually make ur mind stable n tht cud take 1 days 1 min or ages....

Nov 19, 2006
Anoop ji, I wonder the same thing at times.. I mean if God is inside you.. then y is it so hard to reach him? But i guess that's what our task is.. overcome this barrier b/w yourself and God... and that barrier is oneself. I've heard this many times that while doing path/simran one should always speak loud enough for one to hear.. It is the correct way.. YOU need to HEAR guru ki bani... it will be much more easier for you to concentrate... and once you start praying and feeling its power... I think you will never feel it is enough.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: