• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Tejwant ji...well said as usual...agree absolutely...my neighbour just paid hefty sum to UNCLOG his sewage system...and it was really full of hair *****....while in my home its basic policy to swipe the hairs visibly clogging the filtered outlet on top...at least that removes 99% from the system..so havent had any clogging for as long as i can remember.....my car has loads of long white hair..(from my beard)...and that i vacuum each fortnight...and i dont think i am going to have a cremation ceemony with langgar and all or path da bhog...either..BUT that gives me an idea..i should be able to "sell" to some "BHARAMGYANI BABA JI Sri 100008+1 " to beging having Kesh cremation Ceremonies complete with Akhand paaths langgars etc...just as they have for old books etc.

Oct 4, 2012
This is getting off topic but i wanted to say that I used to do the same, keep the combed hair and then try to burn them separately, i remember my obsession regarding such things when it came to religion, i remember once placing my broken hair in my book while walking to school because i couldn't just throw them away...the obsession grew so much that i had to stop such things....and now i just take them as dead hairs that have to be thrown away as my broken cut nails have to. you can't even imagine what kind of obsessions i used to deal with and now i care for no obsession because i believe in Love and freedom now.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
yeah..its real easy to be "original" and keep broken hairs..BUT then "ORIGINAL" is also SAT...TRUTH..because we came from HIM....so we are Originally Sat, Nirvair, nirbhau, etc..etc..BUT then we slowly STOP being all thsoe things because they are really difficult to stay "original"..but hey...putting all your hair-droppings into your pocket to remain "original" is easy....sheesh...people always take the easy way out..just like water always finding the easiest way down...if a SIKH really wnats to stay as ORIGINAL as possible...then Kesh..and the habits etc all must remain true to the Original Creator as possible...remaining TRUE...Nirbhau...Nirvair..is difficult..so practice that first..the KESH part is EASY..just stop cutting...whenever you feel like you ha:mundaviolin:ve arrived...take it easy folks..

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
This will either amuse or disgust. I used to keep and cremate the hairs in my khanga. Then one day, while knitting - I knit a lot - :busyknitting: I got annoyed that my hairs kept getting caught in my knitting. Being very fine (I have superfine hair) nearly invisible, they are almost impossible to remove. OK, you see where I'm going.

Now a bit of myself is invisibly knitted into every piece I make. Nobody knows this though...except now the SPN members and whoever they choose to tell.

My late husband, on the other hand, kept every bit of his hair very carefully saved and hidden because he was afraid of voodoo. That is superstition and not to be condoned. However, out of respect for him, his hair collection was buried with him. (He chose to be buried.) Now, I guess if there is a Zombie Apocalypse, he is well-prepared.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Awe, hair from my khanga goes into the dustbin. I don't do anything with the hairs I malt constantly all day every day except try to brush them off. I'm starting to feel like a heathen!

It was easier to maintain my kesh when I had long, uncut hair. But during Atheist August of 2012 I made the chop. Now my hair isn't long enough to plait properly anymore or tie in a bun/jhoora, so I lose hairs all over the place. And I have a daily, contant reminder of my stupid, stupid decision. The only thing I can tell myself is that at least I donated the hair to the charity that makes wigs for people with cancer. I miss my kesh.

Oct 4, 2012
Ishna ji, you did help others with what God gave you a beautiful kind heart with long hair....a cancer survivor can look pretty with your hair so it wasn't a stupid decision as long as you are not amrit shak because then you should not be helping that way by cutting your own hair i guess. lots of youtube videos are out there to show how to wrap up small hair and make them look graceful keep taking care of your kesh they will grow back as long as they were :happykudi:.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Awe, hair from my khanga goes into the dustbin. I don't do anything with the hairs I malt constantly all day every day except try to brush them off. I'm starting to feel like a heathen!

It was easier to maintain my kesh when I had long, uncut hair. But during Atheist August of 2012 I made the chop. Now my hair isn't long enough to plait properly anymore or tie in a bun/jhoora, so I lose hairs all over the place. And I have a daily, contant reminder of my stupid, stupid decision. The only thing I can tell myself is that at least I donated the hair to the charity that makes wigs for people with cancer. I miss my kesh.

Ishna ji,

Guru Fateh.

My own daughter Jaskeerat, when she was about 10 or 11 wanted to get her hair cut for the sole purpose of giving it to charity which makes wigs for the cancer patients. She had a noble goal and it took me 2 to 3 years to convince her that we can pitch in with our efforts in different charities without cutting her hair. After she was able to weave the importance of Sikhi kesh and seva together, she has been working with different charities of multiple causes when she is at college or at home on vacations.

Thanks for sharing your caring moments which resulted in seva for those who needed the most.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM