• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Keeping My Bodily Kesh (Hair) And Getting Used To The Gazes

For Sikh females: Do you keep all your body hair

• Yes, always have

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Yes, but haven't always

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No, but I used to

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
A MUSLIM female is under the GAZES and SCANNERS of all Muslims because she Shaved her head Bald for Charity !!..and she is standing TALLL and has taken to wearing a DASTAAR !!!
Am I remembering correctly when I remember a fatwa issued against a woman shaving her head? My memory is not really good.

As for this lady reporter who was laid off from her TV reporting job until her hair grow back, it appears she now has a different crown. Do you have a picture?

Marcia

SPNer
Jun 28, 2012
Lil' Wayne will be rendering it apparent his / her emphasis will be about trend, not necessarily feuds. Possessing introduced his / her recently established skateboard-themed Trukfit series before in 2010, this individual discussed the beginnings and also function for the Linked Media.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Lil' Wayne will be rendering it apparent his / her emphasis will be about trend, not necessarily feuds. Possessing introduced his / her recently established skateboard-themed Trukfit series before in 2010, this individual discussed the beginnings and also function for the Linked Media.

time for your medication?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Sad to say, this woman has more coursge and commitment than most Khalsa today.

:swordfight-kudiyan:

Very True,

But then maybe they shouldn't be called Khalsa in the first place?
afterall, to be true khalsa is:

Khalsa mero satgur poora, Khalsa mero sajjan soora
Khalsa my satguru complete, Khalsa my virtous noble friend, brave dauntless warrior

how many of the people labelled Khalsa, or who label themselves khalsa are 100% pure and satgur poora?

until then i think we are all sikh (seekers of the truth) :)

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Very True,

But then maybe they shouldn't be called Khalsa in the first place?
afterall, to be true khalsa is:

Khalsa my satguru complete, Khalsa my virtous noble friend, brave dauntless warrior

how many of the people labelled Khalsa, or who label themselves khalsa are 100% pure and satgur poora?

until then i think we are all sikh (seekers of the truth) :)

We are given the title of Khalsa when we accept Amrit. That is a beginning. It is a life-long process to actually become "khalsa" which only a very few attain. I think aspiring for it is enough.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
We are given the title of Khalsa when we accept Amrit. That is a beginning. It is a life-long process to actually become "khalsa" which only a very few attain. I think aspiring for it is enough.

There was a thread on this forum discussin who is a khalsa, or who should be termed as a khalsa.

my personal thought is that someone should only be labelled/titled a khalsa when they attain 'khalsa'.

for the rest of us we are all seeking the truth (sikh).

I have come across people who have taken amrit and show a lot of ego and 5 thieves and 'call themselves' khalsa.
on the other hand i have come across souls who have accepted amrit, who you can feel the amrit oozing out of of, ego subcided...they wont even call themselves khalsa, very humble beings yet fierce to stand up for what is right.

i would only only ever use the word khalsa for the second type of person described above.

Just an opinion ji, i'm just a learner and seeker myself so appologies for any mistakes.

god bless all

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
my personal thought is that someone should only be labelled/titled a khalsa when they attain 'khalsa'.

At the risk of actually finding something to agree with you, I think your right, is aspiring enough? Can an aspiring doctor be as good as a qualified doctor?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
At the risk of going further off topic...

Is amrit sanskar the enrollment or the graduation?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
At the risk of going further off topic...

Is amrit sanskar the enrollment or the graduation?

Again this is only an opinion and using a similar analogy to Harry Ji,

When i enrol on a university course....i dedicate my time and effort to become something...i give my mind, wealth, effort to it.
When i graduate i can call myself an architect, doctor etc.

calling myself a doctor prior to achieving the status and level, is deceiving not only myself but the people around me, for they come to me trusting in my opinion and ability to help them.

thefore inderjeets ji's statement "this woman has more coursge and commitment than most Khalsa today" should not be made because Guru Ji said:

Khalsa is my satguru complete, Khalsa my virtous noble friend, brave dauntless warrior

therefore the people that inderjeet ji is referring to are not khalsa and should not be labelled as such just because they have enrolled to attain khalsa
How can they read shabad as above and label themselve as khalsa. can they call themselves 'Satgur poora'?
Khalsa defines complete purity, someone you can go to and receive absolute truth and guidance.

imagine walking into the doctors practice, you need help to cure a strong flu, you walk in and every person in the pratice is labelled as a doctor...how difficult your task has become to receive help.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
We all seem to be going off at tangents here. Staying within the topic and including the khalsa mention-

Aspiring to become the khalsa and to be in the image of the guru is what khalsa is about.
Yes, I think the ones aspiring do count, this was the WHOLE IDEA in the eyes of the Guru. If he wasn't telling us to enrol as students of khalsa, then he wouldn't have left us the Sri Guru Granth Sahib!!!!

Yes, the ones that attain it are probably a few and far between, but we shouldn't be graduating and passing these students- That's what the Lord or Guru does, only he knows who qualifies!!!

Now, some one that is not a sikh like Ruqa may be confused reading this because she will be thinking what is sikh and what is khalsa ?

In simple words, what I would tell a kid,- A sikh is the learner, the way of life. Doesn't have to be baptised or initiated. Where as, when One offers their head and surrenders to the lord- this is when they are baptised or initiated- they have then got their 'pass' in to the 'brotherhood of khalsa' -

When entering this brotherhood, not only does one surrender and offer their head they are also 'REBORN'. Yes, they now have a new family.!!
Guru Gobind Singh ji is the father and Mata Sahib Kaur is the mother.
In this Khalsa, they have a duty to be in the image of their parents. -So, their appearance should reflect their father and mother...ie... no dishonouring of hair or body with piercings ..etc...

Like Chazji mentioned, we may think that such a person is khalsa and the other is not.
This should NOT be done, we shouldn't be judging, qualifying who is a brother or sister of this khalsa. So Chazji, let's get back to humility and not say that one is more khalsa than the other!!!!!

Just as in a family now, you may feel your brother/sister is not good enough, but your mother thinks otherwise, to her she is just as EQUAL as You. She is not going to dismiss her own child. -In this same way, Our Khalsa parents are not going to be told by us children, who to dismiss,..ie.. who is khalsa and who isn't, are they ??

In simple words this is what the sikh initiation involves, you get initated into the khalsa.

Waheguru
Lucky Singh

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
We all seem to be going off at tangents here. Staying within the topic and including the khalsa mention-

Aspiring to become the khalsa and to be in the image of the guru is what khalsa is about.
Yes, I think the ones aspiring do count, this was the WHOLE IDEA in the eyes of the Guru. If he wasn't telling us to enrol as students of khalsa, then he wouldn't have left us the Sri Guru Granth Sahib!!!!

Yes, the ones that attain it are probably a few and far between, but we shouldn't be graduating and passing these students- That's what the Lord or Guru does, only he knows who qualifies!!!

Now, some one that is not a sikh like Ruqa may be confused reading this because she will be thinking what is sikh and what is khalsa ?

In simple words, what I would tell a kid,- A sikh is the learner, the way of life. Doesn't have to be baptised or initiated. Where as, when One offers their head and surrenders to the lord- this is when they are baptised or initiated- they have then got their 'pass' in to the 'brotherhood of khalsa' -

When entering this brotherhood, not only does one surrender and offer their head they are also 'REBORN'. Yes, they now have a new family.!!
Guru Gobind Singh ji is the father and Mata Sahib Kaur is the mother.
In this Khalsa, they have a duty to be in the image of their parents. -So, their appearance should reflect their father and mother...ie... no dishonouring of hair or body with piercings ..etc...

Like Chazji mentioned, we may think that such a person is khalsa and the other is not.
This should NOT be done, we shouldn't be judging, qualifying who is a brother or sister of this khalsa. So Chazji, let's get back to humility and not say that one is more khalsa than the other!!!!!

Just as in a family now, you may feel your brother/sister is not good enough, but your mother thinks otherwise, to her she is just as EQUAL as You. She is not going to dismiss her own child. -In this same way, Our Khalsa parents are not going to be told by us children, who to dismiss,..ie.. who is khalsa and who isn't, are they ??

In simple words this is what the sikh initiation involves, you get initated into the khalsa.

Waheguru
Lucky Singh

Yup, sorry for kinda taking this down another route :)

But khalsa for me signals 100% purity, no fear, no hate, humility etc etc.
labelling the khalsa students as 'khalsa' i feel dilutes what khalsa is and what it portrays to other people. just a thought :)
maybe just calling them khalsa students....that way the image of puran true khalsa cannot be tarnished for the few that make it to god consciousness.

But lets get back to the actual subject of the thread :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM